Tekken

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I read somewhere that Tekken 8 is running on Unreal Engine 5... at first I was nervous since Tekken 7 was looking ok but if you looked closely they did reuse alot of assets across the board for the characters and very few had unique models, and on top of that they reused alot of hairstyles and costume meshes from TTT2 and T6 and it was really glaring since the assets didn't look as crisp as they could have

But apparently T8 is discarding all assets from T7 and making everything from the ground up... that I'm excited for, not just because they're gonna finally throw out Lili's TTT2/TR revolution hair model they've been reusing into the ground out and have to make her hime cut from scratch, but this also means we'll see improved versions of everyone now and hopefully they'll have alot more character to everyone. DOA5 I recall did the same thing where they made virtually everything from scratch after discarding the DOA4 Era models so I'm confident Tekken 8 will look really good if what their competitor SF6 is any indicator. I'm sure Harada knows he's gonna have to really push the limit to compete this time

Last edited:

CFW

Pretty sure 7 was on UE4
I read somewhere that Tekken 7 is running on Unreal Engine 5... at first I was nervous since Tekken 7 was looking ok but if you looked closely they did reuse alot of assets across the board for the characters and very few had unique models, and on top of that they reused alot of hairstyles and costume meshes from TTT2 and T6 and it was really glaring since the assets didn't look as crisp as they could have

But apparently T8 is discarding all assets from T7 and making everything from the ground up... that I'm excited for, not just because they're gonna finally throw out Lili's TTT2/TR revolution hair model they've been reusing into the ground out and have to make her hime cut from scratch, but this also means we'll see improved versions of everyone now and hopefully they'll have alot more character to everyone. DOA5 I recall did the same thing where they made virtually everything from scratch after discarding the DOA4 Era models so I'm confident Tekken 8 will look really good if what their competitor SF6 is any indicator. I'm sure Harada knows he's gonna have to really push the limit to compete this time

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Pretty sure 7 was on UE4
I know(typo i fixed) but UE4 wasn't really a good choice for Tekken 7 imo, beautiful stages and effects but they wound up with very rougher looking models and they also reused alot of TTT2 and TR assets assets and it didn't really offer anything new besides the new hairstyles and costumes. I don't blame them much since I know they weren't familiar with Unreal engine but it's been several years so by now they should know how to make a good looking game with them xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Sorta called it? mostly just a wonder:
sortacalledit.png

No joke here, if Namco played their cards right it can be the best looking game Tekken has ever been.

They stated no longer reusing assets, though the T8 newest trailer with Jin vs Kazuya is showing older assets during gameplay (sample placeholders for now i'm guessing), but those assets might not even be present in the final version either which is interesting. I do think it's more of a cinematic glimpse of what's to come. It's actually a pretty solid first presentation that gives a strong first impression for hype.

Last edited:

Radiance

If Heihachi is really dead, I hope he returns as a playable character in some form of a flashback similar to how it was done with Kazumi. He's my favorite Mishima as he has the most versatile moveset of the group.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Idk tbh, I think there's really no purpose for Heihachi to return since he's dead, same with Kazumi. I felt her inclusion was pointless since she makes no canon appearance at all in the current time that T7 is taking place.

I think if Heihachi is included, they should make him like maybe an unlockable bonus character who can be easily obtained from like a challenge or something, it'd just be a wasted character slot for him to appear after his fate from the other game. They should make the launch roster consist of the main story relevant fighters(Kazuya, Jin), characters who tie into the major characters(Miguel, Asuka, Lee, Lars, Alisa) and then the last several can be characters like Lili and I definitely think the Tekken 7 newcomers should return too like Claudio and Katarina, Fahk, and Lidia too

The guests from the last game won't return definitely and I think Kazumi should be canned as well, good design but her fighting style and overall presence isn't needed anymore since there's no purpose to her now that Heihachi is dead. New characters are definitely gonna be a thing so I hope they're gonna add at least 3-4 new guys and maybe a couple of new females

UpSideDownGRUNT

If non Xtreme DOA is on the shelf for now I really hope one of the guests in Tekken 8 is a DOA/NG character. Hayabusa would be an absolute win for both Tekken fans and DOA/NG fans. I'm really curious how Tekken would do the Izuna Drop lol

Also, really good to hear that T8 is starting completely fresh that was one of the biggest issues of Tekken 7 is that it had too much Tshirts and reused Tag 2 assets.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD