Tekken

Radiance

Not a fan of all the hit effects. It's too much, and too much is happening in the background imo. It all feels so distracting. I also feel like the mechanics are becoming so convoluted. It's obvious they don't like the defensive playstyle of Tekken and don't know how to properly address it.

They've essentially did what some people thought they were going to do with Tekken 8's combo system; fuse together Tekken 6's bound system with Tekken 7's.

Rob

Premium Donor
Anyone notice that sidestep at :39? It's easy to miss, but that looked like a cool VF evade or they must have given evasive properties to his f1+2 like Jin or Fengs uf2?

inochinagi

Standard Donor
First time I've been visually impressed by a Tekken game.

The first and still last time I was visually impressed by a Tekken game was when I first saw Moonlit Wilderness in Tekken 5. Ok, and maybe when I was a kid and saw Tekken 3 for the first time (the CG, at least, was a huge step up from Tekken 2, imo).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

How does Harada get away with making a game that looks this bad and has loyal fans by the millions? Clunkken 8 just showed its true colors IMO with the piss poor graphics I'm used to seeing out of this series and how does that gameplay look enticing? To me it looks extremely repetitive and boring. Paul looks terrible. They made so much money off T7 and this is the product we are getting in return?

Ya'll that like it can keep it. I have no problem with someone that enjoys this, but I think it proves the "not everything popular is good and not everything good is popular" statement.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Premium Donor
If I'm agreeing with deathofaninja on anything then I know I'm wrong lol.

But what a huge downgrade from that first cinematic trailer

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
At least they're getting a new game =/

I said that before DOA6 came out and look at me now. I go to bed at night wondering if the series has a future.

Once again, I don't want to reign down on someone's parade that might enjoy this, but whaaat a change from the debut teaser and trailer leading up to this one. How does it not look cleaner and more evolved? I've actually seen the Tekken community complaining more about this game than I would, and people know I'm not Tekken's biggest fan.

My hope is that this is a rough trailer and that they clean it up good and give people a product they deserve from the results of the last one. Tekken fans deserve something epic for the monster support of T7. Look at how clean the latest MK looked and how clean SFVI looks.

I am fiending hard for a new 3D fighter and I still might play this, but damn, how underwhelming for an alleged next-gen Tekken experience.

Rob

Premium Donor
Yeah but Tekken 8 is doubling down on what everyone hated about Tekken 7. Nothing I've seen so far instills any confidence this is going to be a good game.

I'd love to be proven wrong and this be the best fighting game ever made, cause SC, VF, and DOA are dead. I have nothing new in the future to play except Tekken, so I'd hope it's great.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD