Tekken

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Tekken 8 isn't gonna be coming anytime soon xD Hopefully season 5 will be promising and they buff the characters who need it and add some more content

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
To be fair, Tekken 7 kind of outlasted it's welcome (especially since it started in arcades in 2014). Some players in Korea even admitted that they are bored of it and want to move on.

T..J. Bernard

Since we'll be having another balance patch. Here's my hopes in regards to "buffs and nerfs" so far... But I bet it won't happen...
190849720_4323913837628521_308919381148013392_n.jpg

I made a mistake. I should've put Leo also in the keep the same/quality of life changes as well.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Since we'll be having another balance patch. Here's my hopes in regards to "buffs and nerfs" so far... But I bet it won't happen...
190849720_4323913837628521_308919381148013392_n.jpg

I made a mistake. I should've put Leo also in the keep the same/quality of life changes as well.
I disagree for Anna and Lili. Anna is better with the new power crush she got from Chaos drive but she still needs some more changes so she's more threatening since her punishment is meh.

Lili needs major changes and an overhaul, Tekken seems to still think they're stuck in TTT2 because Lili has garbage pressure and moves that have no right to be unsafe are unsafe while characters like Xiaoyu and Julia and Zafina are all running around with safe crushes and mix ups and are way faster than her while Lili still struggles, and the bones they throw her in patches aren't enough. They need to really overhaul her and make moves more safe since she's already super telegraphed, it's been 4 years since T7 dropped on consoles and the best buff she's gotten so far is her new dew glide transitions and her BTed transition having less recovery xD

Lidia I don't feel needs a nerf, she's solid while being fair. I think Kunimitsu can use a nerf since she's fast and has crazy mix ups. I don't feel Eliza needs a buff and I think Eddy is fine as is

T..J. Bernard

I disagree for Anna and Lili. Anna is better with the new power crush she got from Chaos drive but she still needs some more changes so she's more threatening since her punishment is meh.

Lili needs major changes and an overhaul, Tekken seems to still think they're stuck in TTT2 because Lili has garbage pressure and moves that have no right to be unsafe are unsafe while characters like Xiaoyu and Julia and Zafina are all running around with safe crushes and mix ups and are way faster than her while Lili still struggles, and the bones they throw her in patches aren't enough. They need to really overhaul her and make moves more safe since she's already super telegraphed, it's been 4 years since T7 dropped on consoles and the best buff she's gotten so far is her new dew glide transitions and her BTed transition having less recovery xD

Lidia I don't feel needs a nerf, she's solid while being fair. I think Kunimitsu can use a nerf since she's fast and has crazy mix ups. I don't feel Eliza needs a buff and I think Eddy is fine as is

The fact that they gave her a d/f2 at i15 means that she can play fundamental tekken well enough, in addition to her pressure and wc game. She's always going to be threatening just based off that alone and then you give her an armor and a good df2... She's fine where she is. Maybe a couple quality of life changes but thats it.

Lili's also fine where she is. There seems to be an aspect of though where mix-ups and pressure = good characters and I mean yeah that's a part of it. But fundamentals and overall gameplan is more important in my eyes and to me she still does well w/ that. Her movements fine. She still got one of the best SS in the game. Her df1's servicable, despite many complaints. Her df3 is enough to keep players honest and it even tracks after a jab on hit which adds to T7's wonky hitbox and tracking issues. She got that b1 or b2 sway or whatever you call it. She has a good tracking high that leaves her @ + frames. And I think her mid tracker launches on CH. Even if a character's telegraphed, they can still be strong. Jack still does decent, Kazumi does decent, heck even Claudio and Shaheen do decent, and to me both been the same w/ the same gameplan from s1. Lili's big on fundamental tekken and controlling the neutral and space, which is why when a player like Shine or Knee use her, she does well compared to others. Lili's in a decent spot. She only suffers w/ the power creep. But it's the same w/ Leo, Drag, etc. They're fine and can play the game. She doesn't need mix-ups or more damage and such. We don't need a 2nd Alisa.

Lidia needs a nerf. She can be played safe and unga and her recovery's ridiculous to deal with w/ stuff like a whiff ff2, 4,3, df1,4 or df1,3, etc. It's worse than Steve's recovery and he's still good in my eyes. The fact that majority of lows either lead to oki or combo on CH (While it being -12) makes her irritating to deal w/ but you don't want to duck because she also has ff2 and stuff to keep you standing. The only thing I'll say though is that her tracking's mediocre.

Kuni just needs her movement toned down and the dash 2 to be adjusted. She's annoying yes but I don't think she's that good. Her mix-ups risky and as long as your stepping as her tracking's also mediocre, she can't really pressure you that crazy.

Eliza still can't play tekken 7 compared to Geese or Akuma matata and she's just been getting constant nerfs to a point where she's almost not even viable. Her divekick pressure's been nerfed so bad, you can just backdash out of every pressure situation she has. She has NO safe low, and put her in an infinite stage and it's like when harry lost his memory in spiderman 3 for a good part of that film.

And lastly, Eddy sucks. For one some of his stuff even on CH leaves him at negative frames. His sidestep is the worst in the game (It's even worse than Jack or Gigas). He's stuck playing 2d tekken and his defensive game's garbage and risky. He has no good keepout. His armor's butt. His pokes reek. Playing Eddy's the equivalent to playing punishment training but w/ no reward cause the minute anyone gets close to him, which in T7 it's definitely possible as there's too many things that keep you from moving, he's just eating mix-up after mix-up. I'm not saying put him as TTT2 Eddy, but he does need to at least be able to play the game. They can adjust him like how they did Lars to where he's actually a playable character. Like right now I even think the bears are better than him.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lili got some good buffs, her ff3 and it's variants now cause a fall back launch she can combo from and they also made her safer and her ub1 now causes a clean knockdown which I think is good, she didn't really need another knock off df3 attack since before ub1 was basically just a faster db3 but not + on block. Now she can use it as a way to get a knockdown so she can go for more oki and ground set ups and it's a still safe which is awesome xD

Her f4 now causes a crumple stun on CH so that's definitely great for mid range and near walls and I like the CH knock back they gave her from WCdf1. Making d1,2 a natural combo was the best thing they could have done since it makes the low more useful, and her d3 being stronger is ok I guess. Her ff3,3+4 now having the same range and her u3,3,3+4 was long overdue, it always would whiff from longer combos but now it's more stable, and her uf3+4,3 and f3 being safer is good too. I'm overall happy with her changes, it seems like they wanted her to play more like she did in DR and 6 so they beefed up her mid range moves and made her CH properties more lethal and buffed moves to be safer or more + on hit

The only things they could have done was made b1+2 actually useful since its still imo one of her worst moves, and they could have given her a new transition into dew glide from like d2,2 or d1,2, but I think she'll be better now.

I also made a mini YT video for anyone who wants to know the new go to combo routes. For ff3 on hit you can basically just use the CH df3 combo route and for her f4 on CH just use what you would with ss1+2 on CH. CH WCdf1 is basically just what you would use with ss3 xD

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
While Tekken is definitely a fun fighter I feel that VF would be a better route for a DOA player, although good luck getting anyone here to play you, lol.

No, No and Yes. ;)

This is a DOA forum and I come here to educate myself on DOA.

I played Virtua Fighter a long time ago, several years before DOA as goes with Tekken. Thought both games were full of fans, but also quite boring. When DOA2 came out the only other fighter I was playing was SCI and Soul Blade. All these years Sophitia and Michelle are still hot, but there games aren’t.

Hayabusa has yet to be topped as a male ninja. No ninja in fighting games can come close. They always end up clunky and stupid like Kage.

Basically what I’m trying to say is that other 3D fighting games suck and DOA is the only good one. The rest are still rooted in poor animation with ugly hit effects to hide blemishes of said poor animation, lame ass graphics, boring square rings, complete lack of throws. DOA is so far ahead of other fighters it’s disgusting and it has been for years.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This was pretty fun to watch no joke lol. Does anyone feel like fighting games should have AIs similar to this one? you can totally get creative with moments like this lol. HungryBox hosted a Kazuya tournament with all CPUs against each other. Nothing but CPUs but it was totally enjoyable imo.

For anyone that is unfamiliar with this current Smash meme, the CPU Kazuya is apparently pretty ridiculous in the game. Incredible reads, able to do things that's usually not possible by normal players, and potentially even combos players too which is surprising regarding general CPUs in fighting games. Most high level CPUs in other fighting games just constantly read your moves and return, but normally don't combo or do setups or anything.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD