Texture Editing (PC)

ChrisArmoun

Working on a Tomb Raider Mod for Hitomi, note to any other texture artist out there... feel free to beat me to this, I'm sure there are plenty of others who could do a much better job!
tumblr_nm5uhjQaa01sl5leao10_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nm5uhjQaa01sl5leao9_r1_1280.jpg
Looks good. I hadn't thought of this but I'm currently trying to work a miracle with her face

Just wondering, do were have a thread dedicated to mod releases with nothing other then download links? If not, we should. Would make it alot easier then having look though this 35 page and growing topic.

Also, whats the status of the tool that will allow us to edit the files them selves on xentex? Are they getting any closer?
That would be here http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc-community-mod-resources.5565/

Blash

We're still waiting for utilities to read the model into a 3d app and then inject the changes back into the files. That would allow changes within a costume. Add/changing/mixing costumes requires a lot of difficult stuff, and we're waiting on changes to the process too.

From what I ready, the 3d importer is working at least. I haven't verified yet.
Cool, I figured that was the case. I have been working in 3D for a while now and Id feel comfortable editing 3D models now (might be an initial learning curve, but I know I could get there fast) but I would love to tinker with some models and see what I could do!

synce

Can you just import the models into zbrush and go crazy with the sculpting or is it more complicated? (Do you have to redo bones, textures, etc) I've never actually tried it but I'm tempted to

The Enforcer

Cool, I figured that was the case. I have been working in 3D for a while now and Id feel comfortable editing 3D models now (might be an initial learning curve, but I know I could get there fast) but I would love to tinker with some models and see what I could do!
Can you just import the models into zbrush and go crazy with the sculpting or is it more complicated? (Do you have to redo bones, textures, etc) I've never actually tried it but I'm tempted to
@Blash, 3dsmax will probably be the go to for that, since it's the only program I'm aware of that scripts are written for.

@synce, it all depends on the scripts, and right now it's just 3dsmax, BUT the upside is bones and stuff get imported. That said, the only thing that has been automated in the past for editing has been vertices. ... and textures via other apps. UV's, Bone's, custom meshes, are a Whoooooole other problem.

Some progress. Trying to get the ground lighting just right...
Those look amazing! Definitely look better already, the first shot the disparity in the lighting was obvious, not as much now.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If someone could turn the beach stage in to:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-to-bioluminescent-phytoplankton-9072197.html

I think it would be hella spectacular

It would, but seeing how I'm working on that stage at the moment, if someone figures out how to easily change the sea I'd appreciate it. It's been very difficult so far as it's not like (or i haven't found) the "blue" texture. Seems to be an overlay of blue in the atmosphere and such. Certain textures that if I alter still get a blueness added to them.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Damn that looks sick Mr.Wah. Are you going to release that when you are done? Do you think you can upload all the textures on that map for download?

gamemaster14

Just wondering, haven't seen it but has anyone retextured those ridiculous looking tecmo bowl football gear for the guys so they look like the gear of real football teams and maybe don't look so bad (no offence if you like them of course, I just think they look bad)

crapoZK

Standard Donor
The Dream...
ytPjW.jpg

When the files get Decrypted, I wish this could come back as a mod (THE POTENTIAL). Saying that, can we get the files for DOA4 cracked? Or can we not. Or are they already cracked?

gamemaster14

I do remember some Minimal modding to DOA4. I can honestly not recall if the Models were ever exported, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Just wondering, how did you get the life bars completely on Zack's side like that. I have seen screenshots like that but never quite understood how they were made.

The Enforcer

I do remember some Minimal modding to DOA4. I can honestly not recall if the Models were ever exported, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Just wondering, how did you get the life bars completely on Zack's side like that. I have seen screenshots like that but never quite understood how they were made.
I don't recall what progress was made, but I thought stuff could be pulled if it was possible from X2 which had similar file structures.

I originally though the life bars on the side was from holding the trigger or something, like during a win pose, or watch mode.

gamemaster14

I don't recall what progress was made, but I thought stuff could be pulled if it was possible from X2 which had similar file structures.

I originally though the life bars on the side was from holding the trigger or something, like during a win pose, or watch mode.
I will have to fire up the old 360 again and figure that out. The thing about the trigger in watch mode sounds right though.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
9C489D43D5E3A9F61684E384D1D0171735B0D90C

I got the mod!

NOTE: To make this mod even better, Zack with Darker skin, like this (Tyaren removed the eyebrows to make him even more reminiscent of his DOA3/2U look):
FSD PP.jpg

Would finish off the product. I would do it myself, but I'm not cut out for that life, and I fear that I would fuck up my game, lol)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD