The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The game doesn't look the best but at this point, I think it's just a blessing to have a current gen VF xD Its basically a VF5 iteration so it makes sense they didn't go super all out with the graphics, I think they just went back and fixed up what needed changes since VF5 imo has always looked weaker besides the stages, plus the game had a ton of customization options and hairstyles and clothes so a game can only do so much when they have to basically make new clothes and hair from scratch nearly everytime.

Speaking of which I wonder if they'll include the customization mode in this game, I'm hoping it's gonna be included and not just a ps+ exclusive free game that has just the basic modes like online, training, arcade and nothing else.

Well we still got some work to do boo boo. I hate to say but PS4 ain’t current gen anymore. We gotta get that PlayStation 5 upgrade.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
A lot has announced.
  • Tournament mode which has Single Elim, Double Elim, Round Robin.
  • Classic VF1 DLC (Changes the VF Characters and UI into classic versions, $10 DLC)
  • Brand new arcade stick
  • An Arcade Release for VF5US (comes out one day after PS4's release).
  • A tournament series and a VF eSports show.
  • Merch such as mugs, T-Shirts, Music, Sports Towels...

I'm loving the support that SEGA is pouring out with this game. This is quite a time right now for the VF community. And like I said, we are more welcoming!

Ninoasker

The game is ugly. In DOA5 it’s the outside that counts as well as the inside. With VF the quality no longer matters. PS4 exclusive? This certainly proves that more people at sega need to be fired in favor of people with college degrees and studies business.

I’m sorry but how could I ever pretend to have faith in Sega again... they drop the ball on purpose whenever they get the chance. You know I gave in to a 32x? Everyone told me No no no! I kept saying yes? What did sega do other than pound my disappointment year after year.
yes we get it you find every game that's not DOA ugly, move on

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thank God there isn't a bloated roster in VF and only 5 broads out of 19 characters.
Broads? Sounds like someone isn't much a fan of women fighters xD and tbh I wish that they would add more fighters, the roster is good but it lacks variety but I guess it's for easier balancing

CFW

Very interested to see what 5US brings to the table esports-wise. Was expecting some major balance changes and maybe a new character or 2, but it's also free so I really can't complain. Just can't wait to finally play again lol, playing on PSNow is awful. Hope this leads to a proper VF6 in the future.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Thankfully for VF graphics do not mean everything. The VF characters will always look better in DOA. At least until a new proper VF release.

Hope I didn’t derail the thread too bad. Hehe. I’m on a role, but those pics I saw I couldn’t resist. Sega is crazy releasing this as a PS4 exclusive. This would have made a lot of money on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
In regards to online, this is a rough translation I read. This is from a roughly translated text from GAME Asahi. Apparently it's dubbed as "Blitz Netcode".

So it looks SEGA is trying to replicate Rollback in its own way for 3D fighters to operate.

Link: https://game.asahi.com/article/14357029
1622309033915.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD