The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Who is everyone using? I tried Aoi but idk, she's too complicated for me so I'm gonna use Pai who I always felt most comfy with and I'll try to master someone else later that I'm familiar with like Lion or Lei Fei. The tutorial also made me realize some things I didn't know before like how to recover quicker and the offensive move from defensive evading xD

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
So here's a little Easter Egg with the Legendary DLC.

Who is everyone using? I tried Aoi but idk, she's too complicated for me so I'm gonna use Pai who I always felt most comfy with and I'll try to master someone else later that I'm familiar with like Lion or Lei Fei. The tutorial also made me realize some things I didn't know before like how to recover quicker and the offensive move from defensive evading xD

I use Goh.

One thing about this game is that Nitaku is VERY important. Here's the definition from VFDC:

In Japanese it means two-choice. It describes a situation where you have enough advantage (in frames) to force your opponent to choose between defending a mid attack or avoiding a throw. Simply holding Guard to defend the mid will make the opponent vulnerable to the throw; attacking to beat the throw will make the opponent vulnerable to counterhit by the mid. In VF, there is no one simple technique that will successfully defend against both, so forcing a nitaku situation on your opponent is an effective way to attack. In VF5, nitaku is available at +7 frames or better.

Derock

I'm a Pai player. Honestly, the difference between her original VF and DOA self, is that she lost one move: :3_::3_::P::K: (which was originally in Vanilla 5, but was deleted in R and later updates). Hakkeshou setups are bit difficult to pull off, and her Meishouhou stance is a different command.
Also, this move: (when rising) :P+K::P: is easier to pull here than in DOA for some reason. Her counters are her reversals using :4: or :1: :P+K: but depending on the opponent's animation, such as elbow, knee, etc. Also her throw damages are better than DOA, i.e. :2_::6::H+P:.
So here's a little Easter Egg with the Legendary DLC.

I was wondering about Virtua Fighter Kids music. Thanks SEGA for adding those tracks in as well!

AIKALAS

Can't even begin to explain how much I love this game! Hopefully they figure out the net code but I hope this is successful for Sega and they supportthis game for years to come (characters and gear etc.), I dont wanna see VF6 anytime soon it seems that number is cursed for fighting games lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not surprised tbh, there's really nothing they can do ATM to push the series forward, I think a remaster is the best thing for now so they can get a new generation of players interested and playing it as a way to see if a VF6 will be worth making. I think VF5US tho is gonna do well since it's got attention from new and longtime players alike

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
For heads up in regards to feedback for for that game, features you want to adds etc. RGG has a very good history for feedback in regards to it, especially for the Yakuza games as they "do" listen:

In the Yakuza series (which is probably one of the best story driven games out there), the teams behind it were also watching on how fans reacted to the games etc. and hearing feedback at events or online popularity with Yakuza. If you got concerns or something with VF, you should reach out to them. Those guys do listen.

Tried it and the game is pretty dope.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
This game is hard but so satisfying. DOA really introduced me to a new series and I love it. This game makes me return to actually learn the game, something Tekken and MK have failed to do these past few weeks.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
....Anyways, learning the combos in this game is really fun, I feel like there's alot more variety and variation compared to games like Tekken and DOA where you have to go more for max damage while in VF there's alot more options, at least as far as Pai is concerned, I like her since she reminds me a bit of Kasumi and Anna Williams if their styles were merged together, and she has a reversal and low throw and a reset throw too which is perfect xD

Derock

During the lab with Pai, I never knew her stun game especially at the wall was that crazy. No wonder they emphasis on her strategy on combo-ing at the walls. Add it with :4::6::H+K:, guaranteed that ouch factor...

...still can't do that 1-frame knee for Akira. :p

I'm hoping 5US will guarantee a 6 in the next couple of years. If the rumor of timed exclusivity is true, I will play this on my Switch and of course, PC.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They still use number notations yeah. Unlike MKs or Tekken's limb system using LPRP / ff+3 etc.
Ok good! I've been learning Pai's combos and such the last few days and I've think I've gotten good enough to make a sort of beginner type combo video for her, her combo enders and her 466P+K and rising K enders are actually alot more fluid and easy than I expected and her combos are kinda like a Kasumi although she has quite alot of highs like an Anna xD

Onryoki

Standard Donor
9AE7CBF9-EDA8-4D61-952F-11221E66CC8A.gif

the game is extremely fun, it’s a shame I haven’t played this game before. I definitely recommend it to everybody.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Ok good! I've been learning Pai's combos and such the last few days and I've think I've gotten good enough to make a sort of beginner type combo video for her, her combo enders and her 466P+K and rising K enders are actually alot more fluid and easy than I expected and her combos are kinda like a Kasumi although she has quite alot of highs like an Anna xD

I was surprised you went with Pai! I'd imagine knowing Pai there would probably give you even more on an edge on DOA5 Pai. Codemaster would be very happy ahaha.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I was surprised you went with Pai! I'd imagine knowing Pai there would probably give you even more on an edge on DOA5 Pai. Codemaster would be very happy ahaha.
Yeah I may go back and see if Pai in that game is similar but I always used pai most since she reminded me of xiaoyu when I was elementary and she's who I mashed through quest mode with xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD