The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
My impressions on the game so far (I have an early copy which I'll stream later today)
  • It's VF5FS reimagined in the Dragon Engine. Still good as ever.
  • Online is actually better than VF5FS. You can play anyone across the world without any issues. I believe they use Blitz Netcode.
  • Room lobbies now have room codes. Great for online tournaments.
  • Ranked Matches will take you automatically into Training Mode. Matches are 2/3.
  • I get to watch VF matches in main menu.
  • Customization is limited compared to VF5FS, but I know more items will come in the future.
Overall, I'm having a great time with the game.

human013

Screenshot (287).png

;)

Ninoasker

There's so many missing costumes and accessories... so sad. And I doubt we'll get them at all, there's a reason why the pack is bundled with the game. Hope SEGA proofs me wrong tho.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They're gonna add more stuff, they're just gonna make it dlc like they've done so far. They'll probably add costume D and the other costumes and swimwear in a pack after this along with the missing styles. For now they're trying to slowly usher in content since it's a remaster so they want to take things steady as if it's a new game

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
They're gonna add more stuff, they're just gonna make it dlc like they've done so far. They'll probably add costume D and the other costumes and swimwear in a pack after this along with the missing styles. For now they're trying to slowly usher in content since it's a remaster so they want to take things steady as if it's a new game

Most likely yeah. That's what I was thinking when I saw what was available in the game thus far. I miss Wesker Jacky...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Most likely yeah. That's what I was thinking when I saw what was available in the game thus far. I miss Wesker Jacky...
Yeah they're not gonna just stop, they'll add in the rest as time goes on, but since they're basically giving out a remastered game free from millions of ps+ users, it makes sense they're gonna time release stuff so people won't just play and be done, they have to make reasons to continue playing and supporting the game. I'll be happy when the Final Showdown stuff comes in since that's when the customization was the best, they had different outfit pieces and shoes that weren't linked to a specific costume and hairstyles and items and other accessories were more varied too, but I assume they still need time to remaster the content they haven't yet

Derock

So yeah... I'm gonna put this in as a spoiler.

The PS4 version is a timed exclusive. Based on the data found on the website, it's coming to other consoles and PC as well. Surprisingly, the Nintendo Switch is included.

View attachment 35026
If this is true, I wlll gladly pay for PC and Switch versions. And plus it will be VF's first time (main series, not counting the Virtua Quest spin-off) on a Nintendo console.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Love the game so far! The customization is limited but I know it'll get better, and learning the game is actually simple too. My only gripe is how the music is handled, I think forcing the player to choose a game they want to hear music from is outdated, they should have made it like SC6 and DOA6 and T7 where you can choose specific music for stages since I don't like every song from VF4(Goh, Brad, Jacky) and VF5(Goh, Eileen), and there's not even an option to listen to tracks so I have no ideas on what VF, VF2, VF3 and the other OST sound like although I already know I don't like the VF4 EVO OST or the VF5FS OST xD

Being able to choose the menu theme would be good too and the character select although I like the training theme and the customization music. I also hope they'll add new hit sound effects in the future since I'd prefer some more hard hitting ones, the current ones sound aged imo

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD