The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Only criticism I have is the UI, that's about it. Also, it's cool that they started embracing the Tekken flashes for every hit.

I will say one thing... At least I don't have to use my Xbox anymore to host VF5FS tournaments. I will be looking forward to hosting tournaments for VF5US in the future.

DyByHands

I am so in for this. Though i will complain about the character models. After an update they still worse than they were in DOA5.
And only ps4 (atm) is pretty lame.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team

Radiance

PS4 exclusive =/

Shame. I guess I won't be buying it since I don't have a PS4. They really need to stop this exclusive nonsense. The only way I could justify this is if all the money Sony paid them for this game to be exclusive goes toward to production of VF6..

AIKALAS

It's confirmed that VF5US will be free with PS+ until August. Yes, you heard that right. On the same week as EVO 2021, no less.

Fyes!!!! It feels like 2012 again imma really try to master this game (el blaze main) this summer.

They really breathed new life into this game as a DOA player this warms my cold dead (or alive?) heart looking forward to esports events :)

As for the character models I seriously thought we were going to be catfished again by the promo art but im so happy with the update. Vanessa in particular looks gorgeous. I will admit that DOA5 is incomparable in that department but they did a great job over all.
20210525_211607.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I am so in for this. Though i will complain about the character models. After an update they still worse than they were in DOA5.
And only ps4 (atm) is pretty lame.
Well tbf their DOA5 models were made by Team Ninja and they're always good at making guest characters look better than their own game, and in VF's case that's gonna always be a thing since VF imo hasn't really had a graphically impressive entry since VF4 where the models were imo way better and more solid(the only thing they lacked were facial expressions since they looked like robots)

Fyes!!!! It feels like 2012 again imma really try to master this game (el blaze main) this summer.

They really breathed new life into this game as a DOA player this warms my cold dead (or alive?) heart looking forward to esports events :)

As for the character models I seriously thought we were going to be catfished again by the promo art but im so happy with the update. Vanessa in particular looks gorgeous. I will admit that DOA5 is incomparable in that department but they did a great job over all. View attachment 35010
Yeah the models imo look better. They're not top tier models but they're definitely better than their VF5 ones. I like how Vanessa looks more like an African American

Derock

Maybe it's me because the team are trying to make the VF cast become more "realistic" than 4 era. Sarah looks better (but I still think Team Ninja did her right) and Pai looks authentically Chinese, which is awesome. Akira's face screams one of the Yakuza characters that can be easily fit to challenge Kazuma Kiryu. Jacky, however... maybe it's his spiky shonen-type hair but his face is something I have to get use to.

Last edited:

Hold_Junkie93

Join my stream on monday. At 4PM EST You guys already know my history with VF on this site. 7 year experience offline with the best of VFDC. Known as one of the 2 Eileens along with Tricky that can teach you unique tricks and tips. Gon’ be chilling and answering any questions

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The game is ugly. In DOA5 it’s the outside that counts as well as the inside. With VF the quality no longer matters. PS4 exclusive? This certainly proves that more people at sega need to be fired in favor of people with college degrees and studies business.

I’m sorry but how could I ever pretend to have faith in Sega again... they drop the ball on purpose whenever they get the chance. You know I gave in to a 32x? Everyone told me No no no! I kept saying yes? What did sega do other than pound my disappointment year after year.

Hold_Junkie93

The game is ugly. In DOA5 it’s the outside that counts as well as the inside. With VF the quality no longer matters. PS4 exclusive? This certainly proves that more people at sega need to be fired in favor of people with college degrees and studies business.

I’m sorry but how could I ever pretend to have faith in Sega again... they drop the ball on purpose whenever they get the chance. You know I gave in to a 32x? Everyone told me No no no! I kept saying yes? What did sega do other than pound my disappointment year after year.
Tekken 7 ain’t exactly pretty considering it’s a 2015 game. Though, VF could look better, as any game. DoA does have a patent for that Soft engine. As for exclusivity, imo it helps devs focus on exactly what they need to do in order to make the experience smoother. Instead of needing departments that have to handle the issues for each console that could have a unique issue.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The game doesn't look the best but at this point, I think it's just a blessing to have a current gen VF xD Its basically a VF5 iteration so it makes sense they didn't go super all out with the graphics, I think they just went back and fixed up what needed changes since VF5 imo has always looked weaker besides the stages, plus the game had a ton of customization options and hairstyles and clothes so a game can only do so much when they have to basically make new clothes and hair from scratch nearly everytime.

Speaking of which I wonder if they'll include the customization mode in this game, I'm hoping it's gonna be included and not just a ps+ exclusive free game that has just the basic modes like online, training, arcade and nothing else.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD