THE STRONGEST THREAD IN THE WORLD (The LEON Thread)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
some of the most badass back-to-back moments come from two people who hate each others guts.

Exactly!
If they hate each other, I would like them both.

If they like each other... then I would only like Leon .. lol..

The only reason I dislike Bayman right now is simply for the fact that Leon isn't there..and that I truly believe that they are very different.
I actually liked them both in older DOAs ...

Hopefully Shimbori will make sure that they become even more different this time around.
(been hearing good things guys ;) )

DontForkWitMe

I just want Leon to stop brooding over his dead lover and kick some ass alongside Bayman. Furthermore, I want some closure to why he was so "familiar" with Zack in DOA2.

Other than that, I can't help but notice some conflict between his movesets and Mila's current ones... especially regarding the tackle. If TN decides not to get rid of the tackle for both characters, they could make Leon's tackle an offensive hold while Mila's is a special throw. Besides, Mila's a faster character anyway.

The one and only way to get over a chick is to hook up with another one. I vote Tina simply because the strongest man in the world needs a strong bitch by his side and become the strongest couple in the world...also for the lulz that would inspire once Bass finds out and then you'd have an epic rivalry

what would happen if an unstoppable force that is Leon meets an immovable object that is Bass?

nuclear-explosion-4-pics-1-gif_4.jpg

Awesmic

Standard Donor
The one and only way to get over a chick is to hook up with another one. I vote Tina simply because the strongest man in the world needs a strong bitch by his side and become the strongest couple in the world...also for the lulz that would inspire once Bass finds out and then you'd have an epic rivalry

what would happen if an unstoppable force that is Leon meets an immovable object that is Bass?

They surrender.

TakedaZX

Giving Nicoles strings to Leon? Eh... I'll take it. I liked that wall grab she had especially too alongside her :P::P::6::P::P::P: | :3::P::P::6::P::P::P: | :3::P::P::P:. Most of the other moves I couldn't care less about.

41236T will be cool as well.

PJudge

Aha! The thread I've been waiting for has appeared! I'm hoping that he has the basic stuff really. The 4T Neck Tree Hang throw was always cool, and I liked the added damage if you were in water too. The tackle is obvious, it has to be there. It would be pretty cool if they added a few more options to it, so instead of a headbutt at the end you can pick them up and throw them against the roof (if there is one) or something.

Costume-wise, I'd like to see the black vest and red pants. That was awesome.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Was never a big fan of neck tree hang,it always just seemed to end to weak for my taste,I'd prefer if he slammed them down after he does is

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I agree that his air throw should be more accessible. Leon, and Tengu for that matter, don't have much in the way of true juggles.
As Rikuto said in one of the Dimensions threads "One does not juggle with Leon. One Air Throws." Leon never really needed juggles, just an opportunity to launch or knock someone into the nearest wall/pit/desert storm.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Might as well not even throw them this is the same guy with the worlds strongest bitch slap.his power blow will probably knock someone into anouther stage,regardless of whether they are connected or not lol...actually joking aside they should give that ability to tengu.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Leon had the best wall throws and can just put you in a corner in one hit. Once he gets his hands on you, you're going to be magnetized to the wall.

Also, CH :6::K: shenanigans. Those are always fun.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I am actually more looking forward to see Shinbori's concept of "inividuality" to shine with Leon...
sure he will have his iconic moves and throws ... those are no brainers ...
what im REALLY excited about is the new stuff ... how will he portray ... the STRENGTH in THE STRONGEST MAN..

Man, I honestly cannot wait!

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
So he is more than a returning character now... An old dog can learn new tricks I guess.

Interesting.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
As Rikuto said in one of the Dimensions threads "One does not juggle with Leon. One Air Throws." Leon never really needed juggles, just an opportunity to launch or knock someone into the nearest wall/pit/desert storm.

That's exactly why I said that the height requirement needs to be reduced. That way he can actually do his air throw more often. Same goes for Tengu.

I'm hoping that he has the basic stuff really. The 4T Neck Tree Hang throw was always cool, and I liked the added damage if you were in water too. The tackle is obvious, it has to be there. It would be pretty cool if they added a few more options to it, so instead of a headbutt at the end you can pick them up and throw them against the roof (if there is one) or something.

All of that is good. Love the idea of a ceiling throw followup to the tackle OH. And speaking of the tackle OH, I want them to buff the damage on the headbutt followup to be the same damage as the rapid arm break followup. It should be like how Bayman's 46T has two followups that both do the same the damage, but serve as ways to throw off your opponent due to the differences in timing to break the combo.

Leon should get that treatment with his tackle OH, so that there's actually a point in doing the headbutt. It's such an awesome looking move, but the arm break currently does more damage, so it's better to just go for that.

DontForkWitMe

the reason headbutts do less damage is because its unbreakable unlike the rapid arm breaks so the leon player can choose to have less damage but guaranteed or more damage that is not guaranteed

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
the reason headbutts do less damage is because its unbreakable unlike the rapid arm breaks so the leon player can choose to have less damage but guaranteed or more damage that is not guaranteed

Okay. I did not know that. Thanks for clarifying. Still, if you master the just frames on the rapid arm breaks, then that is guaranteed too, which still makes headbutting useless if it's weaker.

Brute

Standard Donor
This. I always did the headbutts because I like guaranteed damage.
I get spoiled with it from Izunas.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I have a feeling that Leon's :7::P: will serve as a CB, while his :4::P+K: can be served as a Power Blow. Just throwing that out there.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD