Characters Thoughts on the ninjas?

FatalxInnocence

Last time I'ma be off topic!

I don't agree with Ryu being the 'strongest' ninja indefinitely. I would rule Ayane out, and maybe Hayate. But Kasumi, I'm not sure. Her entire attitude towards fighting is very anti, but when she wants to win ( DOA1 ) she will. Her heart is never in fighting, and her purpose of entering the tournaments after DOA1 was solely to see or find her brother. So for that reason, I wouldn't rule Kasumi out over Ryu. Not to mention how everyone is trying to clone her instead of Ryu... and it's not because she's weak. I could debate this for awhile... but this isn't the right place ;P nor is it even really that important.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Ryu being the strongest ninja is by word of god even with Itagaki gone neo TN still maintains so. Kasumi is skilled but so is Ryu what he has over the others is his range of ninjutsu and ability to use ANY weapon like a pro, and the fiend blood making him stronger than the average human so imagine Leon with super speed.

FatalxInnocence

Ryu being the strongest ninja is by word of god even with Itagaki gone neo TN still maintains so. Kasumi is skilled but so is Ryu what he has over the others is his range of ninjutsu and ability to use ANY weapon like a pro, and the fiend blood making him stronger than the average human so imagine Leon with super speed.

Oh, well if the creator himself stated Ryu is the strongest ninja in the universe then I can see why people are saying it. But if they're basing it solely off the DOA and NG games alone, it's rather naive. =]

Brute

Standard Donor
But if they're basing it solely off the DOA and NG games alone, it's rather naive. =]
That's like saying it's naive to believe that Anakin was seduced by the dark side based only on the Star Wars movies, despite an absurd amount of overwhelming evidence pointing to that.

DOATEC clones Kasumi and messes with Hayate likely because of their association with Raidou, who was from the Mugen Tenshin, not Hayabusa clan. Or because let's be real for a minute: those dumbshits couldn't capture Ryu if they tried. He is called "The Singular Super Ninja," as in he's the only one. He canonically whoops Kasumi's ass. He can come back from the dead. I'm not sure what other evidence you need. It sounds like you're just a Kasumi fanboy who doesn't want to admit that Ryu is obviously far more powerful canonically (and yes, I'm a Ryu fanboy, but seriously, the intrinsic and extrinsic evidence all points to him being the most badass ninja ever).

Brute

Standard Donor
I think he thought TN was saying he was the strongest ninja character ever Brute
Which they do. But even if they didn't, all-and I mean all-other evidence "based solely on DOA/NG" suggests Ryu is the most powerful ninja. It's not naive to agree with what evidence supports. Otherwise it would be naive to believe that we need oxygen to breathe.

TakedaZX

Well I almost posted to this the other day but I just got a hold of my laptop. Eh. Long story short the ninja's were toned down in this game. I don't know how good Aane was in DOA4 but she comes out on top for the most part while in DOA5 (not U), her and Kasumi both seemed to top Hayabusa and Hayate.

They only pose a threat if you don't know what you're dealing with. Their strengths can be a curse as much as a blessing (an example being 3h+k for Hayate. A great crush yet very easy to predict and react to, or Ryu's Izuna drop. It offers great damage but you risk being Hi-Counter launched/blown while trying to mix someone up in the stun game).

I think a lot of characters can use tweaks. @Tenryuga is right to an extent. I want Hayate improved but not so much for balance but rather than to comeplete his character. Doing this will (probably) raise him up as well as make him more interesting.

Hayate is boring as shit and sucks as a leader, always getting caught. Kasumi tries too hard to be cool; she should go into Hajin-mon and stay in those shadows. Ayane represents female ninjas pretty well. Busa is apparently untouchable in reputation. I have to say, Momiji is quite a breath of fresh air (in personality and style) in this ninja "family". If only Team Ninja made a ninja game and left the DOA story to the no -ninjas...

I like that she is strike-centered, but I wish she would have been more Hayabusa-lite. He is all over the place as-is, and inheriting more of his strong points into hers would have been really cool, like the same way that Bass and Tina's playstyles differ with similarities. I'm hoping that made sense, lol.

Brute

Standard Donor
I like that she is strike-centered, but I wish she would have been more Hayabusa-lite. He is all over the place as-is, and inheriting more of his strong points into hers would have been really cool, like the same way that Bass and Tina's playstyles differ with similarities. I'm hoping that made sense, lol.
By "more Hayabusa-like" what do you mean exactly? More gimmicky stance-type stuff? I think her jump stances occupy that role. Izunas? Well, we can't just giver her all of Hayabusa's tools and then some, 'cause then what would be the point of Ryu?
She already has his 6P+K, 6KP, 1P2K, 2H+K, 236P etc. and often has buffed versions (2H+K crushing mids like Ryu's used to, having a 1PP mix-up, etc.) Not really sure what you want.

TakedaZX

By "more Hayabusa-like" what do you mean exactly? More gimmicky stance-type stuff? I think her jump stances occupy that role. Izunas? Well, we can't just giver her all of Hayabusa's tools and then some, 'cause then what would be the point of Ryu?
She already has his 6P+K, 6KP, 1P2K, 2H+K, 236P etc. and often has buffed versions (2H+K crushing mids like Ryu's used to, having a 1PP mix-up, etc.) Not really sure what you want.
I'm think that he's saying he hates that at her core, she's not Ninjutsu. She's Aikido or however you spell it.

If that's the case, I agree.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm think that he's saying he hates that at her core, she's not Ninjutsu. She's Aikido or however you spell it.

She's a ninja at the core. The Aikido thing is a croc of shit. Aside from her idle stance and 41236T, she has about nothing that's reminiscent of Aikido. On the other hand, her double-jump moves, ninpo attacks, and the 85% of her strikes that are stolen from Hayabusa, Hayate or Kasumi make her feel quite ninja-like.

I remember when they said "she'll be a slower ninja." My ass. TN was just high when trying to describe her.

Yeah, sort of. Not more flips exactly, but more Hayabusa-like attacks (I don't think she has enough). I don't think having strikes from other ninjas makes her more ninja-like. Mugen tenshin ninja style is more boring than Hayabusa-style fighting. At least Ayane puts a spin on MT style to make it more flashy.

I originally meant more like Hayabusa himself; but designed for close range specifically. It sucks that Busa has attacks like H+K,K,K that are useless, but Momiji could have done something with it. Momiji could have also done more with her jumping stance. Imagine SC4 Taki or SC5 Natsu, something like that. Her 6pkkp juggle is cool but her 12 frame throw needs to go. She's not fooling anyone with the fighting style she uses.

Maybe she could have had more options to move around with (I can imagine a ninja that dances near close range to cause whiffs), she may have felt more mobile and ninja-like. She's pretty much a conservative ninja when we take away her main juggle, her jumps, and her "Izuna."

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah, sort of. Not more flips exactly, but more Hayabusa-like attacks (I don't think she has enough).
She has a lot. Frame properties are different on 'em, but aesthetically she shares a good deal.

I don't think having strikes from other ninjas makes her more ninja-like.
If having ninja-like strikes, clothing, ninpo and jump/flips/mobility moves doesn't make her "ninja-like," what does?

I originally meant more like Hayabusa himself; but designed for close range specifically. It sucks that Busa has attacks like H+K,K,K that are useless, but Momiji could have done something with it.
So you don't like Hayabusa's useless moves, but wishes Momiji had them, too? What?
Why not alter Hayabusa's to be useful first? Worry about Momiji.

Maybe she could have had more options to move around with (I can imagine a ninja that dances near close range to cause whiffs), she may have felt more mobile and ninja-like. She's pretty much a conservative ninja when we take away her main juggle, her jumps, and her "Izuna."
Momiji lacks agility moves? Okay, I'm done...

AkaShocka

Yeah, sort of. Not more flips exactly, but more Hayabusa-like attacks (I don't think she has enough). I don't think having strikes from other ninjas makes her more ninja-like. Mugen tenshin ninja style is more boring than Hayabusa-style fighting. At least Ayane puts a spin on MT style to make it more flashy.

I originally meant more like Hayabusa himself; but designed for close range specifically. It sucks that Busa has attacks like H+K,K,K that are useless, but Momiji could have done something with it. Momiji could have also done more with her jumping stance. Imagine SC4 Taki or SC5 Natsu, something like that. Her 6pkkp juggle is cool but her 12 frame throw needs to go. She's not fooling anyone with the fighting style she uses.

Ok, I'm just confused. Ok, so you say Busa's H+K, K, K is useless but Momiji could of done something with it? What? Hers would of been safer or faster? Momiji has like 2 thousand of Ryu's moves, she needs no more.
Momiji has everything a character needs. Mix ups, speed, great juggle damage, decent throw damage, multiple stances, and she's pretty safe. She's fine as is.

Chapstick

At least Ayane puts a spin on MT style to make it more flashy.
Macklemore-Laughing.gif

Kasumi tries too hard to be cool
How? The only thing I can possibly think of is her flicking her ribbon off at the end of 5's story which might have been a call back to Ayane's ribbon cutting scene. Both of them having strong determination and a thirst for revenge in those scenes makes me believe it is.

Tenryuga

Man don't hate on Kasumi flicking off her ribbon. That was the coolest thing she has done since she decided she would stop being cool in DOA4 and be all like "I don't wanna fight..." :( instead of "No one stands in my way." :cool:

I thought her clone was pretty cool in this game too. I loled when she encountered Rig and he grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving and she sighed while lookin away like "This bum..." And whoops his ass.

:kasumi:

Last edited:

Argentus

With Argentus's mentality toward ninjas, I guess it's safe to say Christie's a ninja too.

Christie just has speed. But poor mixup in comparison, nowhere near the mobility, and no bs.tricks like juggles off everything, ports, or stance dodges (ss aside). Christie is much easier to deal with. Or at least, not so infuriatingly bs.

Argentus

She's a ninja at the core. The Aikido thing is a croc of shit. Aside from her idle stance and 41236T, she has about nothing that's reminiscent of Aikido. On the other hand, her double-jump moves, ninpo attacks, and the 85% of her strikes that are stolen from Hayabusa, Hayate or Kasumi make her feel quite ninja-like.

I remember when they said "she'll be a slower ninja." My ass. TN was just high when trying to describe her.

Only real difference is her style is almost completely vertical, as opposed to other Ninjas being horizontal, sometimes diagonal.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD