DOA6 Version 1.15 Released - New Slow Motion Effect

Team NINJA has released yet another new patch for Dead or Alive 6 including free game changes & paid DLC for all platforms! Players discovered new gameplay adjustments hours before the patch notes dropped at Team NINJA's official website. New 'Training Gear' DLC has been released, and Team NINJA has a free Kasumi outfit prepared for all players to celebrate 2 million Core Fighters downloads.

While Diego and Rig's 1P commands remain intact, Black Moon & Emery Reigns quickly discovered that most low-tracking 1Ps have been nerfed. Some players could consider this a very good thing for the game considering the strength of these moves, but others may wonder why on earth Momiji would be nerfed of her natural combo from this input when she's already near the bottom of the tier list. Hayate was beginning to build momentum in the offline scene with an impressive showing from Perfect Legend, but his 1P natural combo has also been nerfed!

As of 1.15 there is a new slow motion effect that should prove to be useful against some annoying attacks. So far this feature has been a well-received by most and has been noted to help punish against various unholdable moves.

Community: what do you think of the 1.15 update and what did you find prior to the notes? Do not forget to download your free Kasumi costume, and PlayStation Plus members still have a few days to get their free premium tickets for one DLC costume.

Last edited:
I think the addition of a slow motion effect after non direct holds will definitely be an easier way to punish moves, it just would be nice if they toned it down somewhat since after lengthy attacks it sort of breaks the flow xD

It also seems like either Kasumi and Phase having voice sounds after their throws is either a bug or maybe it's gonna be a universal thing to make reacting to throws easier. But idk if it's a good idea since Offensive holds and more telegraphed throws were really the only throws for the longest that had voice audio, I actually thought in the trailer Kasumi's 4T became an OH because of it

Also it seems like most of the cast's tracking 1Ps were adjusted and nerfed to grant advantage rather than be reliable as a free cancel, like Kula isn't able to use P after a 1P in stun/CH anymore, she just gets +6.

Last edited:
Momiji is not the bottom of the tier list.

Honestly, all 1P natural combos should be gone.

Yes I edited that. Meant to say "near the bottom" and have adjusted it since.

I guess I don't create tier lists to share, but my personal tier list requirements:

- Can XcaliburBladeZ win a match at a offline tournament with this character against another high level player.? He's without doubt one of the best players because he can use nearly every character as if they were all his mains. I haven't seen Momiji perform well at offline tournaments since 2013 when BladeZ knocked out Master of TFC with Momiji.

- How many people are selecting this character at offline tournaments?

- How often is this character winning offline tournaments? It's not the end of a character if they have won nothing (like Momiji) but to climb the tier list they should win events and prove themselves on multiple occasions -- simply looking good on paper isn't always enough.

I don't even like tier lists, but they can give a general idea at times if done properly.

Yes I edited that. Meant to say "near the bottom" and have adjusted it since.

I guess I don't create tier lists to share, but my personal tier list requirements:

- Can XcaliburBladeZ win a match at a offline tournament with this character against another high level player.? He's without doubt one of the best players because he can use nearly every character as if they were all his mains. I haven't seen Momiji perform well at offline tournaments since 2013 when BladeZ knocked out Master of TFC with Momiji.

- How many people are selecting this character at offline tournaments?

- How often is this character winning offline tournaments? It's not the end of a character if they have won nothing (like Momiji) but to climb the tier list they should win events and prove themselves on multiple occasions -- simply looking good on paper isn't always enough.

I don't even like tier lists, but they can give a general idea at times if done properly.

My personal tier list requirements:

- Is the character's kit helping a player to win more or less relative to the rest of the roster?

Momiji also isn’t near the bottom, Momiji is a mid tier character. Bottom
Of the Tier list would be Bayman, Raidou and Marie Rose.
On another note, Raidou FINALLY has a GB from his PPPP string. It was about time they fixed that.

Slow motion
Assisted Flashy Quick Cash Grab Kusoge,a new beautiful surname for doa6
Spending your time in training to be able to have the reaction and to know how to punish moves is outdated,in the next patch they should add an auto thow punish aswell lol
the more i see the patchs for this kusoge the more i know this kusoge will never be as good as good doa5lr

Last edited:
It's not even subjective. She's never won anything and I doubt she ever will.

Tournament results have nothing to do with tiers. Ayane hasn't won anything, but she is without a doubt a top tier character. You gonna say shes low tier because she hasn't won anything? Gehektabal won a tournament with Bass after the nerf making him mid tier, but by your standards Bass would be S tier for winning a tournament.

As of 1.15 there is a new slow motion effect that should prove to be useful against some annoying attacks. So far this feature has been a well-received by most
This stepping motion was a copout 20 years ago and instead of making some matching animations or something else they made it worse somehow...

Why is a basic jab liable to lose a quarter of your health bar but these big unsafe moves get zero hold damage? It's never made any sense to me.

I'm almost completely convinced that Team Ninja is trolling us out of spite now.

Slow motion
Assisted Flashy Quick Cash Grab Kusoge,a new beautiful surname for doa6
Spending your time in training to be able to have the reaction and to know how to punish moves is outdated,in the next patch they should add an auto thow punish aswell lol
the more i see the patchs for this kusoge the more i know this kusoge will never be as good as good doa5lr
Why are you negative about this change? Those unholdable moves are hard to punish, even offline. Nothing wrong with making it easier to punish a certain move. It’s not like they added this after every hold.

It's not even subjective. She's never won anything and I doubt she ever will.
What does winning tournaments have to do with the tier of a character? It’s about the level of a player, not the tier of a character. Even if characters are trashtier that doesn’t mean that they’re unable to win a match. It’s kind of a ignorant thing to say.
This stepping motion was a copout 20 years ago and instead of making some matching animations or something else they made it worse somehow...

Why is a basic jab liable to lose a quarter of your health bar but these big unsafe moves get zero hold damage? It's never made any sense to me.

I'm almost completely convinced that Team Ninja is trolling us out of spite now.
Doesn’t do a hold only that amount of damage on HiC though? A jab is usually a quick attack that has followups and barely can be punished because it has followups. A slow attack like Jann Lee’s dragon kick can’t be held but also can’t be blocked so you can’t punish it like a jab. You can only punish it by ducking or holding correctly which results in an evasive hold, punishing people after an evasive hold can be quite hard. The slo-mo effect is there to make the punishing after landing an evasive hold easier.

Why are you negative about this change? Those unholdable moves are hard to punish, even offline. Nothing wrong with making it easier to punish a certain move. It’s not like they added this after every hold.

What does winning tournaments have to do with the tier of a character? It’s about the level of a player, not the tier of a character. Even if characters are trashtier that doesn’t mean that they’re unable to win a match. It’s kind of a ignorant thing to say.

Doesn’t do a hold only that amount of damage on HiC though? A jab is usually a quick attack that has followups and barely can be punished because it has followups. A slow attack like Jann Lee’s dragon kick can’t be held but also can’t be blocked so you can’t punish it like a jab. You can only punish it by ducking or holding correctly which results in an evasive hold, punishing people after an evasive hold can be quite hard. The slo-mo effect is there to make the punishing after landing an evasive hold easier.

Tier lists literally change for people after tournaments. I remember people said Alpha sucked at the beginning of vanilla. She had craaazy advantage on 7K, more OH damage that was eventually nerfed and a bunch of other things.

After BladeZ won NEC 13 with Alpha and all of a sudden Alpha needed to be banned. Eliot is another prime character that people thought sucked and then boom BladeZ shut those people up too.

If you are just looking at it from a tool perspective there are too many variables. Making a tier list based on tournament use and wins seems more concrete to me. I don't judge a character by their tools because those tools might be better for someone else.

Tier lists literally change for people after tournaments.
Character tiers don't change. People's perception of them changes because they often encounter more information (ie: tech) when watching the pros go at it. But if you've properly labbed, you'll already have a good idea how those things are going to play out before the tournaments, which then will at best validate what you already know or at worst be useless console lag (lol).

If you are just looking at it from a tool perspective there are too many variables.
By that logic, the gaps in your knowledge won't be magically filled by watching tournaments, as all of those players in the tournament may also be lacking knowledge/variables that could drastically affect tiers (not to mention that tournaments themselves introduce a bunch of new variables in addition to all the ones present in the game's tools due to this thing called "meta").

At the end of the day, the competitive DOA playerbase is very small and filled to the brim with character loyalists. There are people who think that Rig is top tier simply because Hoodless is a top tier player and he happens to play Rig. But he's not winning because he picked Rig. Hoodless is winning because Hoodless is better than everyone else.

Im all for hard work with reward and against the stupid trend of "fuck up the skill gap and make fgs more simple" ,There is a thing called training mode to learn how to punish those hard moves, having the reaction and being able to punish those hard moves in a real match is a reward you earn with time,DOA6 is already a assisted game and this change make it even more assisted lol

Tier lists are literally just measuring characters with a metric unit consisting of dreams and space magic.

Im all for hard work with reward and against the stupid trend of "fuck up the skill gap and make fgs more simple" ,There is a thing called training mode to learn how to punish those hard moves, having the reaction and being able to punish those hard moves in a real match is a reward you earn with time,DOA6 is already a assisted game and this change make it even more assisted lol
It’s not really lowering the skill gap, and people still need to enter training mode in order for them to punish those moves. The slow motion attack just makes it more reactable, slow characters like Raidou, Bass, and Brad Wong couldn’t benefit from it as much.

Maybe it’s just me butI don’t see how this game is a assisted fighter. The fatal rush is a pretty weak auto combo that can be punished and ducked easily. Break holds are stupid and ruin the momentum but I also don’t see how that’s much of a assist when it’s basically nothing more than a parry that does minimum damage.

Tier lists literally change for people after tournaments. I remember people said Alpha sucked at the beginning of vanilla. She had craaazy advantage on 7K, more OH damage that was eventually nerfed and a bunch of other things.

After BladeZ won NEC 13 with Alpha and all of a sudden Alpha needed to be banned. Eliot is another prime character that people thought sucked and then boom BladeZ shut those people up too.

If you are just looking at it from a tool perspective there are too many variables. Making a tier list based on tournament use and wins seems more concrete to me. I don't judge a character by their tools because those tools might be better for someone else.
Again, that proves that the player is good with them. That doesn’t say anything about the character, fucking Xcal or SonicFox could be using Marie Rose and win a tournament. That doesn’t mean that Marie Rose is suddenly top tier. A player not winning a tournament with a certain character says very little about the character itself.

Tier lists are just a list where people give a character’s toolset a grade. A character with a higher toolset grade doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re better characters, it just means that it’s easier to win with them based on the tools that they possess.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD