News Version 1.19 Introduces Ground Game Changes & Character Tweaks

With a plethora of balance adjustments, ground game changes & character tweaks, Version 1.19 is easily Team NINJA's biggest update for Dead or Alive 6 yet as made evident by the tantalizing patch notes. The trend of releasing 'Revival' outfit packs continues with the 'Chinese Dresses' from Dead or Alive 5. The DOA community has taken firm passes on most recent updates to the game, but version 1.19 has fighters back in the lab looking for all of the new character possibilities before the exciting release of the new Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation character.

Version 1.19 doesn't just make big game changes, but also fixes a slew of mistakes and bugs including: displayed values to moves, missing moves & mistakes from the command list, Christie's posture animation during defeat, incorrect half-hit display in Skill Info, Combo Challenge issues, character specific AI problems and Phase 4's 'Cyber Costume' lighting during stance changes. They also made several changes to the Danger Zone system to account for more damage & adjust bizarre follow up attacks. Team NINJA also made some fixes to "the gravity" of character models to reduce some animation issues.

Team NINJA is encouraging players to utilize hard knock backs with changes made to the ground game in version 1.19. Tech rolls are possible until the end of the hit reaction." The added ground attack hit box is a welcome change as it illustrates the need for more move creativity and more individuality to a player's move set, and this is now more apparent than ever for DOA6 with 1.19. A great example of this would be Darkslay's Oki setups, tech & value breakdowns.

You can also view some Kasumi Force-Techs and Setups from community contributor, @KasumiLover! Other adjustments to the game meta have been put into place with High Counter damage changes & select level adjustments. Almost all of the characters were tweaked in some way with version 1.19, and some characters such as Christie were nerfed pretty hard as mentioned in the patch notes. Veteran Christie player, @Awesmic showcases changes made to Christie while also highlighting some positives.

It seems that 1.19 has the DOA6 player-base busy, and with a new character on the way, hopefully we can expect some more impressive game changes and maybe even some additional moves to our favorite characters and new arenas to fight in. What did you think of version 1.19 and what have you found for your character? Sound off in the comments and expect additional character content for this story as time goes on and players continue to dissect the new update!

Last edited:
Honoka being a grappler now is insane lmao. These are the type of game changing patches I’d like to see more often, this patch made me actually hop on DOA, so they did a good job!

That you're an asshole who should have been banned from this site years ago?
I rather have Brute around than you. He might be an ass sometimes, but you’re like this monotone grumpy old man. I’ve never seen you be positive for a change, you’re like Argentus, also somebody who was negative all the time.

Honoka being a grappler now is insane lmao. These are the type of game changing patches I’d like to see more often, this patch made me actually hop on DOA, so they did a good job!

I rather have Brute around than you. He might be an ass sometimes, but you’re like this monotone grumpy old man. I’ve never seen you be positive for a change, you’re like Argentus, also somebody who was negative all the time.

I'd be positive if the game was actually good. Notice that the WC being over no one is playing the game now? I was positive about the game before and during the beta, then we got the full game and it was just one thing after another. The few good things about the game kept getting nerfed and the rest of the game was just doa4.2. Its not a good game.

At least when I post though I'm talking about the game. Brute just attacks people and never contributes to any conversaiton. Any other community he would have been banned a long time ago.

I'd be positive if the game was actually good. Notice that the WC being over no one is playing the game now? I was positive about the game before and during the beta, then we got the full game and it was just one thing after another. The few good things about the game kept getting nerfed and the rest of the game was just doa4.2. Its not a good game.

At least when I post though I'm talking about the game. Brute just attacks people and never contributes to any conversaiton. Any other community he would have been banned a long time ago.

January and February are pretty slow for tournaments in my opinion. Nobody seems too shocked or upset that DOA isn't returning to CEO or making it to EVO.

Final Round is expected to be a pretty big event and I look forward to it. It's not a mega popular game but as long as people are playing and Team NINJA is making money (they are) the wheel will inevitably keep spinning regardless of the naysayers.

You and Brute should learn to get along instead of typically you throwing shade. You both have a lot to give and I personally don't understand the hostility.

I'd be positive if the game was actually good.
I was positive about the game before and during the beta,

Well, see, the beta wasn't any better than the main game. A lot of the game's issues were already present at that time, and I voiced them, only to have you tell me how toxic I was for being critical. Then the full game comes out, and you become way more negative than I ever was, but that irony is just lost on you, somehow.

At least when I post though I'm talking about the game.
Piss off asshole.
Could use a little work.

lmao I remembered this raansu dude like he was protecting DOA6 like a mother,now changing to this attitude?

arwh Im kinda sad for him

Anyway I personally like the patch tho,cause it actually in correct direction BUT It's too late.This very patch should have came in two months after the game released,while teamninja took almost a whole year to figure it out lol RIP

Well, it's late for the game maybe but it's never too late for me, lol. Tbf, though, this is coming a year after release just like DoA5U came a year after vanilla DoA5. At least in that case, the changes coming with DoA5U made it look like a new release while DoA6 can be looked at as a 1 year old game. Probably still a lot of things left to address, like input lag being a big one (though I've read there's less on XBO, which I play on, not sure about PC tho), but it's something.

I made a poll to try to gauge the community's response to the patch, but there doesn't seem to be many takers :p

Based on the few votes already, seems the response is mixed as hell, lol. No one seems to be willing to explain their vote or get into details, though. I've only seen people talk about it in different corners, but no discussion. Just based on what I've read around, it seems most people are positive about this patch. I've seen people express disappointment in the past that the community generally talks more about "casual stuff" than the competitive aspects of the game, but I think part of it might be fear of getting into contentious arguments XD (which happens with the non-competitive aspects too, but I guess that would be less expected). I wouldn't mind seeing a respectful discussion myself, though.

Last edited:
lmao I remembered this raansu dude like he was protecting DOA6 like a mother,now changing to this attitude?

arwh Im kinda sad for him

Anyway I personally like the patch tho,cause it actually in correct direction BUT It's too late.This very patch should have came in two months after the game released,while teamninja took almost a whole year to figure it out lol RIP
Patch or not I was playing last night and the game still spazzzes out like when I punch the game slows down and does a total diff move , sad to see a game that could have been a great game still riddled with bugs like that.

Well, see, the beta wasn't any better than the main game. A lot of the game's issues were already present at that time, and I voiced them, only to have you tell me how toxic I was for being critical. Then the full game comes out, and you become way more negative than I ever was, but that irony is just lost on you, somehow.

Could use a little work.
I called you toxic because you are always insulting everyone, not because you were critical of the game. Any other major forum you would have been banned already.

I called you toxic because you are always insulting everyone, not because you were critical of the game. Any other major forum you would have been banned already.
Funny, as I've been an exceptionally active user on many different forums and have never banned once from any of them.

I can be a little cheeky when making my points, but it's not like I just tell people to "piss off" or whatever. I'm not that much of a sourpuss.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD