Characters What do you think of your Main's Costumes?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
:eliot:

120px-ALBUMFL22M3709006028120.jpg

10/10 - Iooks even better than his default from DOA4, has beautiful details, is beautifully modeled with nice textures and a gorgeous blue. (Only the clipping issues of his sash annoys me a little...)

120px-ALBUMFL22M3653006028120.jpg

8/10 - Initially I didn't like it, because it looked so grey and kinda dull, but after a while I started appreciating it. Again this costume is beautifully modeled with great texures and it fits Eliot's new emo style. Really good job, dear designers! :D

120px-ALBUMFL22M3809006028123.jpg

7/10 - The original looks way better. I miss the brilliant blue. :/

120px-ALBUMFL22M0552006028110.jpg

6/10 - Looks much better with the jacket and hat, but still okay! :/

120px-ALBUMFL22M3824006028123.jpg

5/10 - I somehow don't like it. I think, it's too big and looks like it fit an old person like Gen Fu better. :(

120px-DOA5U_Eliot_C6.jpg

8/10 - I sooo wished the cat ears were gone! >__< Otherwise it's a great design, the detailing, modeling and textures are also great!

120px-ALBUMMM19G0328006028087.jpg

7/10 - It's nice and it totally suits him...but I don't like the blocky modeling of the shoulders. :/

120px-DOA5_Eliot_Fighter_Screen.jpg

3/10 - No, no, no... D: I don't like this at all. It looks lazy, the modeling and textures are also really bad. Guess, this was thrown together in like twenty minutes...

120px-ALBUMMM19G0338006028087.jpg

3/10 - Looks stupid on most of the guys, most of all Eliot. D:

120px-DOA5U_Eliot_Sports_Screen.jpg

7/10 - It suits Eliot. :) But the modeling and texture work isn't the best...

120px-DOA5U_Eliot_Halloween_Screen.jpg

8/10 - It's growing on me. But probably more because of @David Gregg's avatars than due to it's quality of design or overall idea.

120px-DOA5U_Eliot_Casual_Screen.jpg

7/10 - I think, the design is great and it suits Eliot perfectly, but unfortunately the costume looks really bad up close. Bad modeling and bad textures. Come on TN, you spoiled, a wonderful outfit! :/

120px-DOA5U_halloween_vol2_eliot_costume_13.jpg

7/10 - I don't really get it...but it's okay. :) I haven't bought it, so I don't know, if it is at least modeled and textured nicely.

15062453254_32d77cbf78_o.jpg

1000000+/10 - Imho his very best! :D

Polterscheist

Well, my main is Ein and he only has 10 costumes so I'm ordering them from worst to best.
C10) His new ninja suit: TERRIBLE. So bad I've been depressed all week.
C6) Halloween 2013: The only costume I ever bought that I never downloaded. Hate the bondage look, would've been decent with red skin.
C5) Christmas 2014: Almost as bad as C6, but antlers are cooler than devil horns.
C4) New one for Last Round: This one would be ok if he was wearing a normal tank top instead of fishnet.
C3) Shirtless red pants: A classic look that gets old fast.
C7) Painter Jumpsuit: Alright costume, the zipper needs to be up higher.
C1) Classic Leather: Better than DOA2 because the belt is black instead of white, but the fishnet is stupid. Again.
C9) Halloween 2014: Pirate, we had 3 pirate costumes in that pack. This one is lazy, needed a hook for a hand or a peg leg.
C2) Classic Karate Gi: Simple and classic. It has looked better in the past but it's fine here.
C8) Christmas 2013: Only costume with a full shirt and no fishnet = winner by default.

Ein's costumes suck in this game. It makes me sad. They should give him a miami vice suit with rolled up sleeves, or a hawaiian shirt, or a t shirt and jeans.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

LOL Ein's Ninja costume is the only Ein costume I haven't bought that's how bad it is.

Xmas 2014 you can argue with but it atleast has a fun element to it, same with pirate but ninja Clans I was expecting something cool.

wait, wait, wait, wait,....
@Polterscheist

You like Pirate Ein, Black Santa and Gi over his C1!? his C1 is the best costume he has :( it's pretty much the only costume I ever use still lol.
What you need is DOAD C1 best costume Ein has ever gotten perios, in fact it's heresy they haven't added it in the game yet.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I actually like Ein's painter overall and his Last Round outfit is the absolute worst for me. I cringe, everytime the computer chooses it. D:

Polterscheist

I'm so glad everyone hates Ein's C10. I'm less depressed now :) Hopefully Team Ninja learns from this.

His dimensions costume is good too, but my favorite look for him is DOA2 C6 Black jacket and jeans with a hard core shirt. I like his C2 from that game too, white t shirt and denim vest. He mostly just needs street clothes. As for the santa outfit, the gut is funny and even though I'm getting sick of it, full shirt + no trace of fishnet = winner by default. They should give the guys a detail option that changes what undershirt/ t shirt they wear. For example Ein C10) detail 1= fishnet, 2=shirtless, 3=black full t shirt that isn't backless, 4=tank top.

I think I'm ok with his C4 costume because they gave Jacky a really bad one, C5.

Last edited:

Zeo

That costume is legit horrible, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's worse than his Halloween 2013 costume, that's still his worst attire hands down. With this last pack I've pretty much given up hoping that TN gets his outfits right on their own.

If he gets a decent outfit it will be a legacy outfit. Even then they'll probably use his disco outfit or chainmail outfit from DOA4 his two weakest outfits among his otherwise decent wardrobe from past games.

lotr9690

Helena's could be better. If she truly had an aristocrat background she wouldn't be caught dead in a monochrome outfit. Especially if it matched her hair. She wouldn't wear orange or red... the wealthy "high class" population go for bright pastels in lieu of royal blues and dark reds... or champagne yellows. I'd see her in pale blue... lavender; stuff that were high contrast. Also, Ayane would look fantastic in yellow. I mean she doesn't look terrible. She has more potential than she gets. But I suppose one could say that about the whole cast? The costumes I like the most are for Ayane and Phase 4.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
As I've stated before, I love everything Kasumi wears, anything she wears is made of awesome!:) I like Marie Rose's outfits for the most part, and Phase 4's costumes are great too, but I wish they'd give her more casual wear.
:kasumi:10/10
:phase4:7/10
:marierose:9/10

lotr9690

As I've stated before, I love everything Kasumi wears, anything she wears is made of awesome!:) I like Marie Rose's outfits for the most part, and Phase 4's costumes are great too, but I wish they'd give her more casual wear.
:kasumi:10/10
:phase4:7/10
:marierose:9/10
latest

I nicknamed it the Mad Hatter (I'm so obvious! lol) - Lewis Carroll is one of my favorite writers. Anytime I see his influence - no matter how distant - I always credit him lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
latest

I nicknamed it the Mad Hatter (I'm so obvious! lol) - Lewis Carroll is one of my favorite writers. Anytime I see his influence - no matter how distant - I always credit him lol
That's my third all time favorite Kasumi outfit, with her Cop DLC and her ninja jumpsuit being the other two!:)

SoftCabbage

Some characters I can't do have great costumes. They are Tina, Helena, and Sarah.

My favorite is Mila and Christie, but Christie has better wardrobe than Mila imo.

My new favorite of her's is the ninja suit. Damn cool.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Some characters I can't do have great costumes. They are Tina, Helena, and Sarah.

My favorite is Mila and Christie, but Christie has better wardrobe than Mila imo.

My new favorite of her's is the ninja suit. Damn cool.
I've always felt like Christie had one of the best wardrobes in the games. It's a shame she doesn't get more outfits because people in Japan think she's too told.

Pictured Mind

I've always felt like Christie had one of the best wardrobes in the games. It's a shame she doesn't get more outfits because people in Japan think she's too told.

The Japanese mostly prefer asian characters.

I remember seeing a top 10 female character list from Japan and the only non-asian characters were Marie Rose at number 2 (no surprise since Japan likes little girls, shots fired) and Helena, who was all the way at the bottom at number 10.

Last edited:

Mayor-Of-Mustard

The Japanese mostly prefer asian characters.

I remember seeing a top 10 female character list from Japan and the only non-asian characters were Marie Rose at number 2 (no surprise since Japan likes little girls, shots fired) and Helena, who was all the way at the bottom.
I wonder what it would be in other countries. In Scotland I still expect Kasumi to be at No1 haha

SoftCabbage

I've always felt like Christie had one of the best wardrobes in the games. It's a shame she doesn't get more outfits because people in Japan think she's too old.

Oh well. She's definitely not looking like current pop culture trend where 17 y.o girls have preteen physical.

Christie is old adult anime typical where usually the girls were tall, long legs, big boobs, pink lips and have pearly eyes.

Helena, who was all the way at the bottom.

I thought Lisa's rating is at the bottom in Japan, because of, well...

Viva La Lisa

Oh well. She's definitely not looking like current pop culture trend where 17 y.o girls have preteen physical.

Christie is old adult anime typical where usually the girls were tall, long legs, big boobs, pink lips and have pearly eyes.

I thought Lisa's rating is at the bottom in Japan, because of, well...
Well what??

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD