What do you want for NG4?

Ghosty-J

For NG4, I want a combat system more akin to NG2's, but with the SoB mechanic how it's been implemented in RE. Even in Vanilla I've always loved SoB since it felt soooooo good slicing through hordes of poor saps constantly mashing X as if I were high on adrenaline. The sliding-hit mechanic can stay, but they need to adjust that recovery and allow us to dodge out of our own strings. The pace of this game is ridiculously fast, and omitting that from NG3 was just a bad design decision. I also want items and treasure chests back and the experience system to stay the way it is now.

And finally, Hayate as a playable character. At the very least let him appear as a cameo. I'm pretty confident I'm not the only one here who wants that to happen : P

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i want Ryu to go to the Black Spider village(or city considering they can amass an army) because 1) im curious and 2)Ryu is probably gonna run into a lot orphaned children whose fathers he has killed i think it would make for an interesting emotional moment.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You know what I want?

ANY OTHER NINJA VILLAGE EVER TO GET FUCKING DESTROYED.

Seriously, Hayabusa Village is supposed to be comprised of Dragon Ninjas...and it gets wrecked like once ever three weeks.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not all of them, judging from Dragon Sword and subsequent games (Sigma 2, 3).

bingsoo

The Mugen Tenshin clan should get attacked, and Hayate calls for Hayabusa's help. It's an all-out ninja war.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Momiji isn't and that's explained pretty thoroughly in the Dragon Sword game. It's also possible Genjuro and Omitsu are of the same bloodline. Hard to tell but DS is canon.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
they're hayabusa ninja but not dragon ninja.was Murai a dragon ninja? he was Ryu's uncle

never mind i just remembered he specifically said he wasn't,must have been his mother's brother

bingsoo

Probably. In NG3, doesn't Obaba tell her Black Spider ninja to kill the "Dragon ninjas" in reference to both Hayabusa and Momiji? It could be that the village ninja are just referred to by both titles interchangeably, but only Ryu's bloodline is part of the the Dragon lineage.

I don't know.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'd actually like to see Murai return myself, but I'm not entirely convinced it's for anything other than nostalgia.

As for Momiji, I mentioned it once but she definitely is of the Dragon Lineage. Again, this is explained in Dragon Sword, Russian-chiropractic19, so if you haven't played it I recommend you do so. That or just watch some stuff on YT. The Shrine Maidens are very powerful and they're not normal ninjas like most of the rest.

bingsoo

Oh the Shrine Maiden are of the Dragon Lineage? Then Hayabusa and Momiji are related? Interesting.

They seriously need to leave the Hayabusa village alone in 4. Poor villagers can't catch a damn break. Go attack the Mugen Tenshin so Hayate has a reason to join the NG cast.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Oh the Shrine Maiden are of the Dragon Lineage? Then Hayabusa and Momiji are related? Interesting.

They seriously need to leave the Hayabusa village alone in 4. Poor villagers can't catch a damn break. Go attack the Mugen Tenshin so Hayate has a reason to join the NG cast.
It's never explicitly stated but they don't have to be relatives, exactly, to have the same bloodline. The Dragon Lineage is never specifically referred to as just a single family, after all. It'd be nice to get more backstory, though. I agree with getting Hayate involved, but I think it'd be hard to pull off and have us take it as anything other than blatant fanservice. I'm more interested in him just being an extra playable character in other modes, but a badass cutscene or two couldn't hurt as long as Ryu isn't depicted as needing help.

bingsoo

Yeah, they need to leave the story mode for Hayabusa alone. I just want Hayate as a playable character in CC and Trials. There's so much they could do with his affiliation with Wind in terms of his moveset. God, RE made me so much more hyped for a possible 4.

Julius Rage

Bring Murai back - ain't dead.

No objections, I persume.

(Don't you miss the days when Team Ninja would waste assloads of money on CGI movies?)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I went back and checked a few things...and the games are contradictory about the Dragon Lineage lol. Only those with the blood of the Dragon Lineage can awaken the Dragon's Eye, but the Shrine Maidens can definitely do that. So Kureha and Momiji, that we know of, had that ability. But then Ishtaros calls Ryu the last of the Dragon Lineage. Possible that was a typo or mistranslation or it could also be possible that Ishtaros simply doesn't know about Momiji as I'd imagine the Shrine Maidens are relatively well guarded.

I'm over-thinking this obviously.

Brute

Standard Donor
I went back and checked a few things...and the games are contradictory about the Dragon Lineage lol. Only those with the blood of the Dragon Lineage can awaken the Dragon's Eye, but the Shrine Maidens can definitely do that. So Kureha and Momiji, that we know of, had that ability. But then Ishtaros calls Ryu the last of the Dragon Lineage. Possible that was a typo or mistranslation or it could also be possible that Ishtaros simply doesn't know about Momiji as I'd imagine the Shrine Maidens are relatively well guarded.

I'm over-thinking this obviously.
lol, I do the same thing. NG's story makes no sense, but I try to make sense of it anyway.
Zedonius and Genshin also claim that Ryu is the last of the Dragon Lineage, which is strange in itself given that Joe is still hanging around at the time of NG2.

Julius Rage

They should bring Rachel back as an Alma-like fiend boss lol.

Seems funny but that would add some sort of emotion to this series.

What if in Ninja Gaiden 4 all the bosses are reanimated versions of your dead friends and family and only by destroying Murai once and for all will their souls be released? No idea what the premise is going to be but that seems like as good as any.

I used to love this fan fic shit back in the day.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD