What would you like to see in DOA6?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
this is supposed to be voicing a black woman?
440px-Wendee_Lee.jpg

LOL
Wow.... Of all the mindsets to encounter here on FSD... This is new.

uthkT21.jpg

Truth

Lisa isn't black. She's latina,

Not mutually exclusive.
...View attachment 26860

Yes, this voice actor is supposed to be voicing a character that happens to be dark skinned. I don’t know what you’re implying with your comment, but assuming it has to do with the fact that she’s white and Lisa is black. I don’t really see what’s so funny about it, the voice actress above is talented and they hired her for a reason.

Lets not beat around the bush. Lisa is clearly afro Latina, and this Wendy sis has no kinda bass or latin twang to her performance. Now thats not to say voice actors aren't capable of performing impressions from different cultural backgrounds, many can, but I guess Wendy just isn't one of them. She was hired for her resumé no doubt... Clearly not much else thought was put into that decision.

qnt6kpO.gif

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
this is supposed to be voicing a black woman?
440px-Wendee_Lee.jpg

LOL

Seriously? Look who voiced Bobby from King of the Hill. Look who voiced Ash from Pokemon. Skin color or age doesn't mean anything when it comes to voice acting.

Stop going off-topic. It's really not that hard. This is the 'what would you like see in DOA' thread not the 'can you believe this?' thread.

To everyone: We are not doing this Lisa chat again, and I would advise that people don't provoke it to start. If you want this conversation take it to Twitter or somewhere else.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

...anyways, after thread almost flopped, let's get it back into track.

I was checking the DOA5 costumes at the PS Store and...
A MUST IN DOA6: We NEED to get more casual outfits for Ryu and Hayate.
Ayane and Kasumi are also ninjas yet these baby girls know when to go full casual and just relax and enjoy life while they can when they're not about to murder or get murdered.
Ryu and Hayate are some real boring ass men, they really need to get into some jackets, shirts, jeans or whatever and just go partying a bit with them instead of being working 24/7.
Like, just look at how GOOD and DIFFERENT they look with the Tecmo Anniversary costumes, they literally look like whole new characters because of how REPETITIVE their outfits get with the whole ninja stuff and how casual stuff just turns them into whole new men.
C_106_21.jpg
DQvilSmUEAAm2Xt.jpg

Like wow just looking at casual hunk Hayate has my whole hair go full Hades from Hercules mode bc he LIT AF, and Daddyabusa is rocking those jeans and short sleeved shirt look tbfh. They SERIOUSLY need to throw half of their ninja costumes outta their closets and replace them with casual ones. In this life, there's enough time for work and for partying!!!

zoo

...anyways, after thread almost flopped, let's get it back into track.

I was checking the DOA5 costumes at the PS Store and...
A MUST IN DOA6: We NEED to get more casual outfits for Ryu and Hayate.
Ayane and Kasumi are also ninjas yet these baby girls know when to go full casual and just relax and enjoy life while they can when they're not about to murder or get murdered.
Ryu and Hayate are some real boring ass men, they really need to get into some jackets, shirts, jeans or whatever and just go partying a bit with them instead of being working 24/7.
Like, just look at how GOOD and DIFFERENT they look with the Tecmo Anniversary costumes, they literally look like whole new characters because of how REPETITIVE their outfits get with the whole ninja stuff and how casual stuff just turns them into whole new men.
View attachment 26862View attachment 26863
Like wow just looking at casual hunk Hayate has my whole hair go full Hades from Hercules mode bc he LIT AF, and Daddyabusa is rocking those jeans and short sleeved shirt look tbfh. They SERIOUSLY need to throw half of their ninja costumes outta their closets and replace them with casual ones. In this life, there's enough time for work and for partying!!!

waiting on doa x versace

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They aren't mutually exclusive.
I know but my point is she isn't black, Itagaki said she's Latina. As a black person I don't see her as black either, until I hear otherwise officially, she's Latina.
Not mutually exclusive.

Lets not beat around the bush. Lisa is clearly afro Latina, and this Wendy sis has no kinda bass or latin twang to her performance. Now thats not to say voice actors aren't capable of performing impressions from different cultural backgrounds, many can, but I guess Wendy just isn't one of them. She was hired for her resumé no doubt... Clearly not much else thought was put into that decision.

qnt6kpO.gif
You're making no sense at all tbh. Whether someone is a certain race or not doesn't dictate how they sound, there's plenty of Japanese and asians who live in America but they have American accents and speech. Plus just because someone is of certain descent doesnt mean they'll speak that way, for all we know, although Lisa is latina, she could have been birthed in the US which she was, which explains why she doesn't have a latin twang. Also not all latinas or African Americans have bass in their voice, and if you're gonna point that out then you also have to point out Eliot, Marie Rose, Nico, Mila, and many more who don't speak with their stereotyped accents.

But let's kind of dead this since it is off topic, my point is tho that race shouldn't dictate how a person should sound or whom voices them.
Ok but Hayate wearing something like this? wig
View attachment 26864
Save that for Eliot, the muse and king of DOA xD hopefully he'll get something as revealing as that when they do show his deluxe costume

Ninoasker

Save that for Eliot, the muse and king of DOA xD hopefully he'll get something as revealing as that when they do show his deluxe costume
Eliot can have that exact costume, Hayate would probably wear a variation of it that’s less buttoned and more bare-chested like his Ein C4 costume from DOA2 cause he likes to have an exposed chest like half of his costumes have confirmed lol, and also it would probably be in a white color (I mean he’s Hayate :p)

Bringing this back would be nice.View attachment 26865
If they don’t bring it back I’ll sue them.

Truth

I know but my point is she isn't black, Itagaki said she's Latina.
Then clearly you don’t know, because calling someone Latina does not negate anyone’s blackness any more than calling someone Japanese negates their Asian-ness.
Race is socially negogiated, races may be definined and perceived differently depending on the society. now we all know DOA developers and japan at large has a peculiar (to say the least) relationship with blackness as they do with women. I’m sure they don’t explicitly specify her african ancestry for the same reason the do specify Helena as 23 years of age. Doesn’t make any sense but it sells in their culture, I guess.
You're making no sense at all tbh. Whether someone is a certain race or not doesn't dictate how they sound, there's plenty of Japanese and asians who live in America but they have American accents and speech.
I don’t fully agree. Race may not totally dictate but it influences how people sound. On a physiological level, genetics determines how our voice box forms, the closer people are in ancestry the more similar their voice box will form.
On a cultural level, most Japanese Americans still have a twang even if subtle. There are so many different types of American accents, they are culturally informed and that often includes race.
Plus just because someone is of certain descent doesnt mean they'll speak that way, for all we know, although Lisa is latina, she could have been birthed in the US which she was, which explains why she doesn't have a latin twang.
Ok... The vast majority of American Latinas still do not sound anything like Lisa. Idk y you think you have to be born overseas to have a deviated accent? You can be born in America and just by your parents influence alone, have a foreign twang. For example, Jennifer Lopez was born and raised in New York, she can barely speak spanish, but she’s sounds nothing like Nicki Minaj, Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg. She has clear Puerto Rican influence in her New York accent.
then you also have to point out Eliot, Marie Rose, Nico, Mila,
Sure. The are bad too, I did point out nico.

Reactions: CFW

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Then clearly you don’t know, because calling someone Latina does not negate anyone’s blackness any more than calling someone Japanese negates their Asian-ness.
Race is socially negogiated, races may be definined and perceived differently depending on the society. now we all know DOA developers and japan at large has a peculiar (to say the least) relationship with blackness as they do with women. I’m sure they don’t explicitly specify her african ancestry for the same reason the do specify Helena as 23 years of age. Doesn’t make any sense but it sells in their culture, I guess.

I don’t fully agree. Race may not totally dictate but it influences how people sound. On a physiological level, genetics determines how our voice box forms, the closer people are in ancestry the more similar their voice box will form.
On a cultural level, most Japanese Americans still have a twang even if subtle. There are so many different types of American accents, they are culturally informed and that often includes race.

Ok... The vast majority of American Latinas still do not sound anything like Lisa. Idk y you think you have to be born overseas to have a deviated accent? You can be born in America and just by your parents influence alone, have a foreign twang. For example, Jennifer Lopez was born and raised in New York, she can barely speak spanish, but she’s sounds nothing like Nicki Minaj, Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg. She has clear Puerto Rican influence in her New York accent.

Sure. The are bad too, I did point out nico.
....Lets just move on, you're confusing me and missed my point entirely.... "Truth".
Marie Rose DLC inspo: “I believe I shall take out the garbage”
View attachment 26868
Queen of fashion <3

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD