What would you like to see in DOA6?

KnacKrover

What do I like to see
- Stages interactive based on DOA2U
- Hang cliff return in DOA6
- Break hold work same as any hold-counter moves
- New character's themes that fit their personalities (it could be either rearranged or very original)
- New K.O/stunts animations
- Stage K.O feature could turn on/off (you know... from DOA3 and 5)
- Special dialogues intro for specific characters (not reuse one with Bayman vs Leon tho)

mizking

Returning Characters
Tengu (DOA4 moveset with a few changes)
Shiden (moveset based on a previous version of Hayate)
False Kasumi (except that she glows blue when the blue costume is worn to differ from Kasumi herself. Moveset will also be based on DOA5.She will also remain silent when facing off with any of the 4 ninjas. She'll also have the demonic laugh intro from DOA 2 when the red costume is worn. Phase 4 has other outfits anyways)
SUPERDUPER PHASE 4 PROJECT THING (For the expert player, based on DOA5 final boss. Banned from tournaments and turned off in the random filter by default.)
Living Raidou (pretty much copies the moveset of the original 8 characters)

Guest Characters
Tifa Lockhart
Lili

Customization
Glasses
Lei Fang's ponytail
Kasumi's low ponytail from DOA4
The option to remove the sword from Kasumi's outfits or replace them with the Sakura Moon sword
Kasumi's blue cape from NG3RE optional for the DOA5 black suit and it's recolors
The option to have Lei Fang's leather jacket zipped up or have the outfit unzipped with the top under. DOA 1 sneakers also optional.
Hitomi's DOA4 green jacket but the blue bra can change colour or be removed
Kasumi's DOA1 red bicycle shorts for her white outfit (lol)
Tina's Brunette hair
Helena's red and blue hair ties

Outfits (if there has to be fetish stuff again they have to be in the game already)
Halloween 2013 and 2014
Pre DOAX2/DOA5 swimsuit set (those can include, Kasumi's Pink swimsuit from DOA2U, Lei Fang's black swimsuit from the DOA2 promotional photo, for reference, see the back of the DOA2 PS2 EU cover. Tina's Zebra swimsuit etc)
Ninja Gaiden costumes such as Kasumi's Sailor outfit or Ayane's NGS2 purple dress

Last edited:

delSai

Replays after rounds?? (ala doa1-4, soulcalibur etc) :S
Some kind of dynamic round end system would be cool, if you knock someone down or back it goes into replay, but if the opponent is in a state where you can continue to attack and combo like before they fall down its like like in DOA5. I kinda like messing around and doing attacks after the rounds over lol

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I fully support the team adding victory poses that reflect the character, humiliating the defeated opponent or if you're Kasumi you can runaway like normal. :p

They better add the jukebox option. The sound direction DEFINITELY took a hit after Itagaki departed and that's why they made all of the old and better tracks available.

Anybody that likes Honoka's shit fairy song needs help.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I fully support the team adding victory poses that reflect the character, humiliating the defeated opponent or if you're Kasumi you can runaway like normal. :p

They better add the jukebox option. The sound direction DEFINITELY took a hit after Itagaki departed and that's why they made all of the old and better tracks available.

Kasumi doesn't run away in her winposes tho, never has aside from teleporting XD

Also the OST imo dropped when DOA4 came, the veterans got tracks that were nowhere near as memorable as DOA2, DOA3 had some good tracks but it went downhill. DOA5's sound for the new characters was just aged imo, only Marie Rose and Rig had tracks that did them justice, the rest of the characters got fairly weak tracks. They need to hire the composer from Nier Automata or from the Tekken franchise because imo although DOA has good tracks they seem aged, they need to get with the times and get more modern sounds

They also should do a final round track for all stages too since that's the big thing in most fighters, one track playing the entire round is cool but a nice track that shows the tension and build up of the final match would be cool too

NewWestFan

Premium Donor

I agree with everything you've said here. Just felt compelled to correct a grammatical error for you so the last sentence makes sense.

Leifasumi

Kasumi

Bring back her iconic win pose

giphy.gif

Still can't believe they removed it! (although, I prefer the DOA4 version of it)

Give her her old VA as an option (like how it was in DOAU2) or let the old VA voice Phase 4 from now on.

Hayabusa

I can't stand what they have done to this costume specifically, I am talking about the yellow or gold part, it looks so tacky and ugly.

It didn't look bad in DOAU2

latest

or better yet, give him the DOA3 version

Last edited:

Leifang12

Kasumi

Bring back her iconic win pose

giphy.gif

Still can't believe they removed it! (although, I prefer the DOA4 version of it)

Give her her old VA as an option (like how it was in DOAU2) or let the old VA voice Phase 4 from now on.

Hayabusa

I can't stand what they have done to this costume specifically, I am talking about the yellow or gold part, it looks so tacky and ugly.

It didn't look bad in DOAU2

latest

or better yet, give him the DOA3 version

I still don’t get why they can’t bring back every win and intro saying from older DOA games in DOA6! They have the vocal recordings and they still sound fairly good these days ! Just make a DOA6 for the fans !

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'd like to see them make the terminology less confusing. Super/Special/whatever - I think this is self explanatory and way clearer to any player: new or old. Change the H button to Guard like VF. Trying to be different for the sake of being different is dumb. If you want people picking up your game for the first time to know what's going on, use already familiar terms. I can adjust no problem and it's a simple change that doesn't actually change the game but makes it more available. They should go through the whole terminology. Like, "super blow" doesn't work but that's how attack/blow translates. Maybe just call it a "super move" like everyone else. That's easy to understand. Ya feel me?

HkVsZRG.jpg

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I'd like to see them make the terminology less confusing. Super/Special/whatever - I think this is self explanatory and way clearer to any player: new or old. Change the H button to Guard like VF. Trying to be different for the sake of being different is dumb. If you want people picking up your game for the first time to know what's going on, use already familiar terms. I can adjust no problem and it's a simple change that doesn't actually change the game but makes it more available. They should go through the whole terminology. Like, "super blow" doesn't work but that's how attack/blow translates. Maybe just call it a "super move" like everyone else. That's easy to understand. Ya feel me?

T0KNoBN.jpg

YES!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I still don’t get why they can’t bring back every win and intro saying from older DOA games in DOA6! They have the vocal recordings and they still sound fairly good these days ! Just make a DOA6 for the fans !

First of all, the voices will have to be rerecorded becauses voice actors changed in some cases, the same voice actors sound different from game to game and the voice samples were recorded in lower quality back then. Tech standards change over time. That's why the Virtua Fighters in DOA5 sound so bad in comparison to the other characters.
To provide high quality and cohesive voice acting in general they would have to rerecord everything.

Secondly, animation standards change as well. Animations were a lot simpler and cruder back then. Having a highly detailed and complex current generation Kasumi model with much cruder PS2/Xbox generation animation would look very jarring. Each model also has to work with each animation. That would mean a lot of of tweaking and cleaning up anyway. More realistic lip movement and facial expressions would have to be added as well.
They would have to reanimate everything from scratch to make it look good and cohesive by current generation standards

Last edited:

mizking

Kasumi doesn't run away in her winposes tho, never has aside from teleporting XD

Also the OST imo dropped when DOA4 came, the veterans got tracks that were nowhere near as memorable as DOA2, DOA3 had some good tracks but it went downhill. DOA5's sound for the new characters was just aged imo, only Marie Rose and Rig had tracks that did them justice, the rest of the characters got fairly weak tracks. They need to hire the composer from Nier Automata or from the Tekken franchise because imo although DOA has good tracks they seem aged, they need to get with the times and get more modern sounds

They also should do a final round track for all stages too since that's the big thing in most fighters, one track playing the entire round is cool but a nice track that shows the tension and build up of the final match would be cool too

Imagining a Tekken 7 final round version of Eternity... From something beautiful sounding...TO REAL ANGRY

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Imagining a Tekken 7 final round version of Eternity... From something beautiful sounding...TO REAL ANGRY

Tbh that's one of my favorite themes but I feel that's somewhat too hardcore for DOA6 with the stages they have now. I can see a track like that in like legacy White Storm Stage and then for the final round it suddenly snows really hard and hail begins fall too xD

DOA5 has music changes in some stages already, like I loved the hot zone stage since it goes from grungy to more menacing and then it finally pops off when you break that wall XD They can take it even further tho with more suiting tracks for this game's darker tone

Koshosho

I'd like to see Miss Monday and Yaiba Kamikaze join the roster in DOA6 especially Miss Monday. I mean if Momiji and Rachel can join the fun why not them?

KnacKrover

I'd like to see Miss Monday and Yaiba Kamikaze join the roster in DOA6 especially Miss Monday. I mean if Momiji and Rachel can join the fun why not them?

I personally never played Yaiba NG Z 'cuz the game got negative critics and also Inafune (only one true Megaman legacy) but for character...I'm not sure how to put this but instead..... /insert strong language for DOA6

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD