Win/lose/intro quotes in Japanese?

Brute

Standard Donor
The word itself means "strict", but in context, it's probably more like "Jerk!"
So "kibishi" means strict? I knew Hayabusa said "Kibishi" before something along the lines of "komoto-shae" when talking to Kasumi in DOA2 (for reference, the english subtitles were "Know that the way of the shinobi is a harsh one").

Nameless Sama

Yep. Definitely "Iku zo." Widely used term. I could give you a rough translation of the English back into Japanese for the other quote, but I'd rather listen to it myself to make sure. Opening part is most likely "katsu koto" though (victory, winning, etc.)

Thanks for using my video xD

werewolfgold

Okay, everyone. I'm done with all the DOA5 quotes (for real this time). If there isn't a pink addendum somewhere, then you can assume that the English line they used in the game is a pretty good translation.

Now, just because a translation wasn't as exact as it could be, doesn't make it "wrong" per se. Take a look at the direct translations and you can kind of think about why they might have decided to change a few of them. Sometimes, the English equivalent doesn't fit the time. Although, there are a few that seem a little...strange.

And don't forget to read up on what "onegaishimasu" means. lol

I'll try to get to the other requests soon.

Last edited:

Blazeincarnated

tumblr_muq8mwvyNA1shsc0mo1_r1_250.gif

"Pātī no hajimari da ze!" (Let's get this party started!)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD