IPL Helena Breakdown

AKNova7

Her b p still crushes, her bt throw gets her guaranteed options, her back f+k gives her limbo stun, she has more options from BT, and a few other nuances. Don't know how safe she'll be in the final build.

Ayane players have been complete ass though and/or not much has been said about her, but at least she's being designed with DOA5 in mind.

Honestly, all I wanted was very safe BT transitions on her BT strings. Because then the character didn't have to be played as an unsafe trainwreck.

x Sypher x

I'm with Chris Harris (NinjaCw), reading all of this is very amusing for me as well. Didn't Hayate also get nerfed? You don't hear his fans crying lmao.

IceMage95

Seems like all my alts are being nerfed. Oh well time to find new ones in DOA5. Luckily I don't use my alts often.

BierKlauMeister

It's not funny that she got nerfed but that everyone is freaking out SO hard about it lmao

If they were planning to travel and spend (or better said... invest) money in this game and wanted to go to tournaments with the goal of winning them AND they were planning on maining Helena then it is obvious they are upset and freaking out.

Some people take it seriously, we are in a competitive forum after all, so stop being a fucking asshole making fun of people who are dissapointed and to a some degree affected by this.

EDIT: Chris Harris youre NinjaCW? If so... whats up dude!!! ^_^ This is Sundown remember me? We met in Ohio i think... cool seeing you around, dont take that about the fucking asshole seriously :p

TRI Mike

That's what pisses me off the most. I'm from Venezuela, in Latin America. I'm willing to save money and fly to the US and Europe for the game. But I wanted to do it with Helena and it seems like she's simply not viable.

Chris Harris

If they were planning to travel and spend (or better said... invest) money in this game and wanted to go to tournaments with the goal of winning them AND they were planning on maining Helena then it is obvious they are upset and freaking out.

Some people take it seriously, we are in a competitive forum after all, so stop being a fucking asshole making fun of people who are dissapointed and to a some degree affected by this.

EDIT: Chris Harris youre NinjaCW? If so... whats up dude!!! ^_^ This is Sundown remember me? We met in Ohio i think... cool seeing you around, dont take that about the fucking asshole seriously :p

I traveled playing Makoto in SUPER SF when Makoto was definitely the worst character in the game. I got top 8 @ Dev so don't cry to me about playing with an unwinnable character lmao.

In a game where the majority of the characters have 0 frame advantage attacks on block, everything is minus, and you have a side step her having a "slower" mid is like the difference of 1-2 frames. It's not like her mid is SUPER slow. Bryan wants her boosted up to more of a stronger DoA 5 status. You guys want her to be the best character in the game and because she had her one moment of glory in DoA 4 you are crying.

You want to travel and use her. When the game comes out you better get your ass in the lab and figure it out like a real player would. She has tools just because you don't like them doesn't make her unwinnable just makes it harder to win with.

BierKlauMeister

I traveled playing Makoto in SUPER SF when Makoto was definitely the worst character in the game. I got top 8 @ Dev so don't cry to me about playing with an unwinnable character lmao.

In a game where the majority of the characters have 0 frame advantage attacks on block, everything is minus, and you have a side step her having a "slower" mid is like the difference of 1-2 frames. It's not like her mid is SUPER slow. Bryan wants her boosted up to more of a stronger DoA 5 status. You guys want her to be the best character in the game and because she had her one moment of glory in DoA 4 you are crying.

You want to travel and use her. When the game comes out you better get your ass in the lab and figure it out like a real player would. She has tools just because you don't like them doesn't make her unwinnable just makes it harder to win with.

You didnt say hello back :(

About Helena: It shouldnt be too hard to understand that Helena players are pissed off at finally getting a game that is being really hyped up because it gives you ways to work around the stun game, and then having their main finally showed just to realize she has no fucking way to work aroung the stun game.

These guys have been hyped about finally playing a solid game with guaranteed damage, just to find out their main has to play the same bullshit theyve been doing for 7 years.

I dont main Helena, and dont think its unwinnable with her, but its pretty stupid to make her play the bullshit that is doa4 in doa5, while taking away from her what made her good in doa4.

Chris Harris

Oh haha. What's up Sundown, been a while. Yea it's unfortunate for her but my character does too and they gave her stuff around it during alpha and E3 then took it away. I didn't make a thread because I know if I really wanted to I could still force her into competition. . . .I just have no problems switching to something stronger now.

x Sypher x

You didnt say hello back :(

About Helena: It shouldnt be too hard to understand that Helena players are pissed off at finally getting a game that is being really hyped up because it gives you ways to work around the stun game, and then having their main finally showed just to realize she has no fucking way to work aroung the stun game.

These guys have been hyped about finally playing a solid game with guaranteed damage, just to find out their main has to play the same bullshit theyve been doing for 7 years.

I dont main Helena, and dont think its unwinnable with her, but its pretty stupid to make her play the bullshit that is doa4 in doa5, while taking away from her what made her good in doa4.

Hayate says hi, lol.

@NinjaCW: Does Hitomi still have her attacks out of her punch parry? I haven't seen anyone use them in a while.

Game Over

IMO, the majority of players traveling to tournaments should NOT be traveling with the "expectation" of winning said tournaments. They should be traveling to tournaments with the intentions of supporting the game, enjoying the tournament experience with the game, enjoying time spent in the company of fellow supporters of the game, and utilizing the time there to make themselves a better player. Leave the "playing to win" mindset to the top players, sponsored players, and/or those few LEGITIMATELY seeking to be the best in the world.

With that said, if you are a player, and are not top, sponsored, or seeking to be best in the world, and you WANT to play a low-tier character (Helena, Lisa, Zack, etc.), then you entirely SHOULD play that character! Take inspiration from a guy like Awesmic who NEVER DROPS CHRISTIE. And who knows ... you just might discover something with the character no one even knew was there, or might become a low-tier hero by performing beyond expectation at a big tournament (ala GamerBee, HumanBomb, Mame Spider, etc).

Omegan Eckhart

With that said, if you are a player, and are not top, sponsored, or seeking to be best in the world, and you WANT to play a low-tier character (Helena, Lisa, Zack, etc.), then you entirely SHOULD play that character! Take inspiration from a guy like Awesmic who NEVER DROPS CHRISTIE. And who knows ... you just might discover something with the character no one even knew was there, or might become a low-tier hero by performing beyond expectation at a big tournament (ala GamerBee, HumanBomb, Mame Spider, etc).

I don't think anybody who is really attached to their character will be leaving them behind. I'm sticking with Helena regardless, but if I have a chance to get her fixed before launch I'm gonna take it.

Chris Harris

Hitomi still has her attacks out of punch parry. Both unsafe though. It's beyond random for me to use them though so it's hard for me to even remember to use them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD