DOA5LR (Casual) suggestions for Team Ninja

Brute

Standard Donor
I just feel that completely removing them would lead to him feeling less unique (izuna drops aside). I think it's something that somewhat fits him. t's not like we could just slap something like his teleports onto other characters onto other characters. Maybe Hayate, I guess. But, I don't think he needs it with how his wind stances already work.
Well, see, a lot of us got accustomed to Hayabusa back in DOA2 and DOA3 where he didn't have the teleports.
Perhaps I'm biased because he's my main, but to me even in the absence of Izunas and teleports Hayabusa demonstrates one of the most unique styles and movesets in the game. Many of his moves are even featured in Ninja Gaiden, such as 6PK, 8T, 1P+K, 7P, H+KKK and his old 3H+K. While others are similar to his Ninja Gaiden moves, like 6KP, ongyoin T and 236P+KPPK.

Teleports are much less signature of him than those moves are, imo. I feel like merely teleporting isn't really a "Hayabusa-staple." Even without the teleports his moveset would still be 10 times more novel and unique than Hayate's or Momiji's.

And that is only covering aesthetics. Gameplay-wise, the teleports are just not something I like at all. If you mained him, you'd get tired of having to really on gimmicks in neutral 100% of the time because some idiot thought that would properly compensate for having some of the shittiest mix-ups and neutral game pressure in the franchise.

Last edited:

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Stages
- More of them.

Costumes
- More of them (especially for the male characters).
- More customization for accessories and hair.
- Less cookie cutter and fanservice-y costumes.

Other
- *Improve the netcode and accuracy of the connection indicator.
- Fix the glitchy replays
- Fix frozen lobbies or add ability to quit back to main menu after a set time
- Remove all information about your opponent in ranked search, apart from connection and add disconnect rate.
- Throwdowns should use saved ranked match search settings (not sure if this is already the case...)
- Add ability for 2P (offline) to play with you in online tag
- Allow creation of tag teams without requiring everyone to back out to the lobby
- Add mute capability (for noisy/annoying people on mic)
- Change default create lobby settings to 3, 60 second rounds, normal health
- Can't have a new game without new characters. Add 3+ new characters. Add Kage Maru from VF.
- Decrease size of move details box

Hayabusa
- Make 66k_4K > Ongyoin transitions optional
- Give him a mix-up starting with a low (like the 2nd hit of 3K2K) into a high, mid (DOA4 236K!), or low follow-up
- Increase 8T hitbox size
- Add abstract/philosophical intros/win poses

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Buff Ein's wardrobe. Buff Hitomi's personality to DOA3 status. Bring military and mafia suit Hitomi into existence. Buff the rosters outfit selection; Too much cutesy girly shit. Give me more cool badass outfits for both the males and females.

.....Nerf Ayane.

Argentus

I just feel that completely removing them would lead to him feeling less unique (izuna drops aside). I think it's something that somewhat fits him. t's not like we could just slap something like his teleports onto other characters onto other characters. Maybe Hayate, I guess. But, I don't think he needs it with how his wind stances already work.
You could slap it on any of the ninjas, but none of them need it, and it doesn't fit a 3d fighter, are the three problems with it.

Jaguar360

Hayabusa
- Make 66k_4K > Ongyoin transitions optional
- Give him a mix-up starting with a low (like the 2nd hit of 3K2K) into a high, mid (DOA4 236K!), or low follow-up
- Add abstract/philosophical intros/win poses
Agree with all of this. 7P's Ongoyin transition should also be optional like in DOAD/DOA4.
I wanted to put handstand stance in my post, but I figured that would be more of a DOA6 thing, so I just went with 236K instead.

werewolfgold

I just realized how jacked up my last post was. My apologies.

And that is only covering aesthetics. Gameplay-wise, the teleports are just not something I like at all. If you mained him, you'd get tired of having to really on gimmicks in neutral 100% of the time because some idiot thought that would properly compensate for having some of the shittiest mix-ups and neutral game pressure in the franchise.
I meant more on the gameplay side of things and not the aesthetics, but I definitely understand how the change from his DOA 1-3 self into the later games could be jarring for long time players. I don't think tools need to be outright removed, though. If it doesn't properly compensate, just buff him where it's warranted.

and it doesn't fit a 3d fighter
This isn't the topic to get into a deep discussion about this. But, there's not really an objective reason why this would be true. Many people (online) seem to be getting some sort of mileage out of Ryu's Ongyoin, including the teleports. Though, I find the recovery on the straight teleport to be a little wanting and thus not easily made useful for me. But, Ryu's not my main so maybe other people can.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Stages
Freedom Survivor
Burai Zenin
Aerial Gardens

Costumes
HelenaDOAUC5.jpg

pai-pr.gif

For the Ayane fans
AyaneDOA3C1.jpg

Other
- Better netcode
- More cliffhangers
- DOA4's tag mode (because DOA5U's is garbage)
- More dangerzones
- Buff Pai

@Project Bokuho @LightSonic @mizking

3 costumes (only one per character, so your choice is limited to three characters only) ! It will be easier to determine each character's most requested costume this way.
Updated.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
STAGES:
  • The Aerial Gardens (DOA2U)
  • The Demon's Church (DOA2U)
  • Azuchi (DOA3)

COSTUMES:
  • Bankotsubo skin for Nyotengu (complete with his voice clips and "Bankotsubo" name change near health bar). Or at least giver her his original C1 outfit.
    Tengu C1.jpg
  • Leon's C3 from DOA2U.
    leon.jpg
  • Bayman's C2 from DOA3.
    bayman.jpg
OTHER:
  • Jintsuriki added to the BGM.
  • Jintsuriki Remix added to the BGM.
  • Karma added to the BGM.
  • New option for BGM to allow it to play any track randomly instead of assigning it only to present stages or characters. Allow us to choose which tracks are enabled/disabled in this random filter.
  • Massively improved netcode.
  • Everything in the game immediately unlocked (costumes, movies, story chapters, titles, music, et cetera).
  • Vanilla DOA5's wall detection for throws and holds.
  • DOA5UA's hairstyle/accessory selection menu at the character select screen.
  • Change the life bar color again to make distinction between this game and the other versions more noticeable in videos. I'd prefer the green color from DOA2U.
  • System voices from past games (DOA, Monica, 2U Tengu, 4/D Tengu, 2U Raidou).
  • All previously released DLC for 5 and 5U available on disc (I know this is already deconfirmed, but still).

Surely, there are more things I'd like to see, but they escape me as I post this.

Chapstick

STAGES:
  • Kyoto in Bloom (DOA4)
  • Snowy Koku An (DOA2U)
  • Seaside Market (DOA4)
OUTFITS:
DOA%2B%2B_Kasumi_C4.jpg
DOA++ C4
DOA%2B%2B_Leifang_C1.jpg
DOA++ C1
DOAD_Kasumi_c3.jpg
DOAD C3

OTHER:
  • Toggle Akira's headband off
  • Loose hair for Ryu
  • Toggle off Ryu's mask on all outfits
Dear Team Ninja,
Please change Ayane back to the Ayane from DOA5
because I don't like this 1P+K to spin around
I liked the 11 short cut...and wtf is a 7P+K Power blow? I dropped her, I'm just hoping u love me and change it back :)
She can KBD now that it was changed to 1P+K and imo it makes it easier to do accurately. You dropped her over this? Also Leifang has a 7P+K PB.
Oh and also please let Kasumi's 4H+K become a sit down stun, love u long time
it already is one

PhoenixVFIRE

STAGES:
  • Aerial Gardens(DOA2U)
  • Seaside Market(DOA4)
  • DOATEC Great Hall(DOA4)
OUTFITS:
LeiFangDOAUC12.jpg

HelenaDOAUC10.jpg

DOAD_Kasumi_c3.jpg

OTHER:
  • Better Netcode(like literally everyone has said)
  • Bring KO replays back(Like when you kill someone in a spectacular way, it does the replay thing after you win, showing you destroying them.)
  • Buff Eliot and make his combos actually fucking interesting. Seriously, the fact that most of his combos completely rely on spamming :3_::P: is soooooooo boring.
  • ????(all the other shit people have said? haha)
I've been really out of touch with the game for a bit, so I'm not sure what it needs more of? I chose Seaside Market and DOATEC Great Hall because I really want stairs back in the game along with stair grabs.

Last edited:

Blash

@Chapstick Wow! That DOA++ Kasumi C4 looks VERY see-through. Its cool, but with the updated graphics, I dunno how they could pull it off with out breaking their own no nudity rule!

Chapstick

@Chapstick Wow! That DOA++ Kasumi C4 looks VERY see-through. Its cool, but with the updated graphics, I dunno how they could pull it off with out breaking their own no nudity rule!
I think it's just supposed to be the same material as the training dummy outfits

DOA5U_Kasumi_C7.jpg

Or some kind of breastplate

Lightning_Returns.jpg

It's supposed to be a futuristic cyber ninja sort of thing.

Dr Drake

i wish for doa :

-a better netcode

-a faster game (powerblows and cliffhanger are delaying the the enjoyment)

-a few Input corrections because some inputs feels woolly

-fighting outfits for every fighter like Ein´s karate suit.

- and if the put in new Fighters plz no recyclining. Mila, Rig and Nyotengu are good exsamples

-I also want more cooler male fighters.

-and i want a gorilla Costume for BASS

-and the old lobby system with the zack shop would be nice :)

Last edited:

Tokkosho

this is the perfect chance to see that stage i suggested i don't even remember how long ago.
The burning DOATEC building from DoA 4's ending in which you can break the glass by the stairs to either drop straight down to the helipad stage or make it a cliffhanger. Because its burning and falling apart i would imagine the stairs being blocked by a pillar (or not, i'd personally enjoy seeing the original style of knocking someone down the stairs) or having the middle section where the already breakable windows are blocked. And whatever else they would add to make it more interesting. Anyway that's what i imagine, maybe with some other dangerzones added to the building and helipad to spice it up.

Rubedood

STAGES

DOATEC HK
SNOW
GREAT OPERA

COSTUMES

Rachel
10246247_523963827707707_474449606152736647_n.jpg
Nyotengu
Something like Banko's C2 from DOA2U but with red skin
DOAUtengu_cos02.jpg
Helena
HelenaDOAUC10.jpg

OTHER

-Improved Netcode
-Life bars set back to 270
-Buffs across the board for the characters that need them, which is pretty much everyone that isn't already high tier
-Make Nyo a heavyweight
-PC VERSION!

TOBMAST3R

So, this is my little list of things I would like to see. There´s much more I could add later, but that it is for now.

STAGES
1. Aerial Gardens
BNV3AjhCUAAuCSN.png

2. Koku An
BZk9Vz8CEAAR9LU.jpg

BNlkz2SCUAAH0Nf.png

3. Ray House
BN561y0CMAE810k.png

COSTUMES
1. Rachel (Lizard or Casual Hunter Contest Design)
BsagZMECAAEdqBl.jpg

BkHDqqbCUAE8BAu.jpg

2. Gen Fu Jin and Jang Blue Classic outfit
BbWHj-mCYAEf2eB.jpg

3. Hitomi Classic Outfit on the right side
BMvbfQYCAAEs-V_.png

OTHERS

1. Would be great if we could abandon some outfits in Random Games:
BffnHrzCAAAa7mu.jpg

2. Bloody Hall
BatJpm-CYAAdYEM.jpg

3. This win pose:
BJz60ZpCAAAJoId.jpg:large

4. It would be awesome to play as a grown up Sanji.
BVzkGrgCUAABCJ_.jpg

5. SYSTEM VOICE MONICA
BN2-wN6CEAIQTp-.png

6. alternative Sakura
BNoH4exCcAE6cZA.png

7. Cliffhangers

BtohtqvIUAAv2fP.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD