Status
Not open for further replies.

xOmniCloudx

Didn't Leifang actually beat Jann Lee during DOA4, which was her goal all along?

Most of the characters already accomplished their goals by the end of doa4, or at least have no real story anymore.

Hayate's still a bitch

It warms my heart that he gets shitted on so much. He's straight garbage as a character.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Didn't Leifang actually beat Jann Lee during DOA4, which was her goal all along?

Most of the characters already accomplished their goals by the end of doa4, or at least have no real story anymore.

Hitomi struck out on her own and found Ein
Leifang beat Jann Lee and proved she didn't need to be saved.
Zack became rich once again, this time on a steady income instead of needing tourney winnings to maintain his lifestyle
Helena reinvented Doatec and found her mothers killer
Tina keeps accomishing soany goals she's fatigued and aimless in 5, returning to wrestling by the end of it (going back to her roots)
Bass is retired
Leon deserted
Gen Fu retired
Brad Wong became a worthless drunk instead of the wise version he was originally, content to annoy Eliot
Eliot is training
Ryu is just there to act as insurance against the enemies the other ninjas face.
Ayane avenged genra and reconciled with Kasumi.
Hayate's still a bitch
Etc

Only the new pair (rig and Mila) ave anything going on, even then only Rig really (mila has no plot relevance or story arc beyond being excited to meet the daughter of her idol and her fire getting Tina pumped up again, which is why I headcanon she's Laurens daughter to give her and Leon some seriously needed story arcs and relevance). Lisa was trying to remake Ein, dlc and NG characters are just irrelevant extras.

Bayman, Helena (and by extent, Zack), Kasumi Hayate and Ayane are battling Donovan Rig Lisa and Christie, while the rest do the regular tournament for no particular reason beyond standard competitiveness and money rewards.

To be honest it seems DOA5 is finally doing something about DOA4 pretty much ending a good amount of the characters' stories and progression by giving them new reasons:

- Bass has ties to Rig as a friend, who we now know the true identity of. No idea how Tina nor Mila will fit into that.

- Jann Lee also has unsettled beef with Rig and will be on the lookout to settle it.

- Hitomi probably will want a grudge match against Jann since she lost to him and Lei would probably follow suit because BFF's

- Gen Fu, Eliot and Brad Wong will probably be wrapped into the new story over them training Eliot to be a real badass.

And even then, stories like Helena and Ayane's may not be completely over yet either(Helena may still want to know the reason of why her mother was assassinated and Ayane may still be a bitch that may continue to be slowly defrosted) and even then with the new characters, the stories WILL flare up again with a vengeance(Raidou's presence in general even though he won't remember them, they damn sure remember him or whether Marie is a true genuine bodyguard to Helena compared to Christie or Honoka's ties to Raidou and Ayane)

Five months after Gen Fu taught Eliot his secret skill, he died from old age. After living his life as a good human, God gave a chance for to revisit earth again, as half human. Gen Fu then came back from the sky with his immortal angelic wings. Feeling young and strong, his passion to fight was reinvigorated again. With this passion, he kidnapped Nyotengu to gain Hayabusa's attention, but he didn't give a fuck. His temper led him to waste her and proceed to kidnap all DOA girls instead. Wind blew strongly, carrying waves of old man's smell. The blowing wind carried message to the Wind Boy, Hayate, that Kasumi and Ayane are in danger. Without thinking twice, Hayate rushed to where the wind blows to take them back. Hayabusa realized Hayate's sudden mission, so he followed after he sent his falcon to tell Bass, J. Lee, and Zack to help rescuing their dear families and friends.

Your story was awesome till then, after that became shit.

SoftCabbage

DOA6 will follow the daily lives of Marie Rose and Honoka then cut to cool Ninja scenes occasionally. Honoka running with bread in her mouth and Ryu fighting off some enemy will be happening at the same time.

Pretty much most likely what's gonna happen. lol

Oh wait, you forgot the scene where Marie Rose takes a milk and slipped over, causing the milk to rain down on her face and body, then the camera will moving from her face to her crotch in slow motion with her wet "aaaaaaa~" face.

Lady Tengu

More like Fan Service Delivery.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-3698-1375807923-23.gif

Argentus

To be honest it seems DOA5 is finally doing something about DOA4 pretty much ending a good amount of the characters' stories and progression by giving them new reasons:

- Bass has ties to Rig as a friend, who we now know the true identity of. No idea how Tina nor Mila will fit into that.

- Jann Lee also has unsettled beef with Rig and will be on the lookout to settle it.

- Hitomi probably will want a grudge match against Jann since she lost to him and Lei would probably follow suit because BFF's

- Gen Fu, Eliot and Brad Wong will probably be wrapped into the new story over them training Eliot to be a real badass.

And even then, stories like Helena and Ayane's may not be completely over yet either(Helena may still want to know the reason of why her mother was assassinated and Ayane may still be a bitch that may continue to be slowly defrosted) and even then with the new characters, the stories WILL flare up again with a vengeance(Raidou's presence in general even though he won't remember them, they damn sure remember him or whether Marie is a true genuine bodyguard to Helena compared to Christie or Honoka's ties to Raidou and Ayane)

Your story was awesome till then, after that became shit.
Jan lees beef with rig means nothing as he also had beef with Leon and Ryu, the other two "strongest men" in doa3 and doa2, respectively.

Hitomi doesn't seem the type to hold a grudge or even want a grudge match over a lost set especially since she's been in 3 tournaments now.

Gen Wong are already training Eliot more or less.

Rest is pure speculation except Bass' reaction to Rig.

Number 13

Jann Lee's beef with Rig is nowhere near Leon/Ryus. Jann Lee interactions with Ryu honestly seems more at friendly/respectful terms. Leon didn't also piss off Jann as much as Rig did who beats him in a bar in front of everyone. You know how prideful Jann is.

They would not have bothered showing a dissatisfied Jann thinking of when Rig beated him earlier even when winning the tournament if they didn't have any planned buildup. Considering DoA 5 story is a bit more meaningful compared to past games [outside of Dimensions] since it's not all split up with a bunch of "what ifs" and contradictions I would say it means more then the previous encounters too.

Darkslay

Jan lees beef with rig means nothing as he also had beef with Leon and Ryu, the other two "strongest men" in doa3 and doa2, respectively.

Hitomi doesn't seem the type to hold a grudge or even want a grudge match over a lost set especially since she's been in 3 tournaments now.

Gen Wong are already training Eliot more or less.

Rest is pure speculation except Bass' reaction to Rig.
Lee and Ryu share more of a friendly rivalry, as shown in DOA4, they both respect each other's strengths. He did face Leon, but that only once though, and the outcome of that match isn't even revealed, it could have gone either way.

His grudge with Rig goes way beyond that, that opens up a lot more room to mold the arc beteween those 2, that could even make Lee somewhat of a main character in DOA6's story, but we'll have to wait and see.

xOmniCloudx

I always interpret Anita getting gangbanged by a group of misogynists shortly before and after videos and interviews like this and is in the process of it happening while she writes anything on social media. It reminds me of people that are heavily religious and or against homosexuals and constantly spread pure hatred of them but, then when no one is looking they engage in the behavior themselves. So deep down, Anita can't cope with the fact she LOVES this stuff and lashes out by doing what she does. It's a vicious cycle. Yup, that's 100% the truth. It would explain A LOT.

xOmniCloudx

I thought the phone call from Anna was the coolest thing ever

I got the Anna one which was awkward since my mom picked it up and gave it to me. Her reaction..... The Ivy Valentine one was awesome too. I got another one but I can't remember the game. I wish that they would do this for more games and at places other than Gamestop.

2 on 1 :O

*in horrible English accent* Now begone!

Everyone knows by now that she doesn't actually play video games and is just a con artist. I've even seen other feminists who try to distance themselves from her. If people could have been adults and held in their rage instead of harassing her she would of been gone by now.

I'm well aware she's the Ann Coulter of video games. I just like to interpret things the way I explained it anyway as it's better. Same way Ann's getting gangbanged by Blacks and Mexicans when nobody is looking while they spend all of the money she makes from racist and political tools of any political party on costly luxuries :p

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really agree with her. In theory, she is 100% right. I would like to see the same for male characters.

Lol, I don'think that was the point. Her point was sexualization or better said objectification is bad...of course she only referred to female objectification though. ;)

Those phone calls are so...awkward. XD

Last edited:

Juihau

Everyone knows by now that she doesn't actually play video games and is just a con artist. I've even seen other feminists who try to distance themselves from her. If people could have been adults and held in their rage instead of harassing her she would of been gone by now.
Considering Ubisoft apparently sent her a review copy of Assassin's Creed Syndicate (she has a review up on her channel, game isn't out yet), I wouldn't call that universal knowledge.

Beyond that, a thread about dlc costumes probably isn't the best place for discussion regarding sexualization and objectification in gaming and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD