Status
Not open for further replies.

xOmniCloudx

Considering Ubisoft apparently sent her a review copy of Assassin's Creed Syndicate (she has a review up on her channel, game isn't out yet), I wouldn't call that universal knowledge.

Beyond that, a thread about dlc costumes probably isn't the best place for discussion regarding sexualization and objectification in gaming and such.

I was just about to edit this in my post.

Jadeinchains

Considering Ubisoft apparently sent her a review copy of Assassin's Creed Syndicate (she has a review up on her channel, game isn't out yet), I wouldn't call that universal knowledge.

Beyond that, a thread about dlc costumes probably isn't the best place for discussion regarding sexualization and objectification in gaming and such.

Yeah the conversation should really go back on track to what this thread is really meant to be about.

KwonJigglypuff

Lol, I don'think that was the point. Her point was sexualization or better said objectification is bad...of course she only referred to female objectification though. ;)

Those phone calls are so...awkward. XD

Well that was my point when I said she was to extreme.
She said that objectifying humans is bad, sex is bad, etc. I'm saying objectifying isn't bad as long as male characters get the same treatment.

I'm not fond of nudity but sexy costumes are always fun whoever wear them. But that might be only me, I don't get excited by nude pixels (except Baeman).

However, I'm not found of harassment towards her. 4chan and the internet in general has been very mean with her.

Chapstick

Story of DOA6 (Spoiler Alert!):

Five months after Gen Fu taught Eliot his secret skill, he died from old age. After living his life as a good human, God gave a chance for to revisit earth again, as half human. Gen Fu then came back from the sky with his immortal angelic wings. Feeling young and strong, his passion to fight was reinvigorated again. With this passion, he kidnapped Nyotengu to gain Hayabusa's attention, but he didn't give a fuck. His temper led him to waste her and proceed to kidnap all DOA girls instead. Wind blew strongly, carrying waves of old man's smell. The blowing wind carried message to the Wind Boy, Hayate, that Kasumi and Ayane are in danger. Without thinking twice, Hayate rushed to where the wind blows to take them back. Hayabusa realized Hayate's sudden mission, so he followed after he sent his falcon to tell Bass, J. Lee, and Zack to help rescuing their dear families and friends.

Few hours later, they came together to defeat the Angelic Gen Fu, but none of them could defeat him, as only Gen Fu can beat Gen Fu himself. Hayate talked to Hayabusa, suggested him a very bad idea with high risk, yet worth the try. Hayabusa nodded in approval. Hayate then left the scene immediately. Raidou, the skill thief, was resurrected as half cyborg a while ago, talked to Hayate about this problem. Raidou's villainy mind never dies, he agreed to help Hayate just to be able to learn Gen Fu's ultimate move and so there goes the big man met Gen Fu on the field for a fierce battle. The furious fight didn't take long for Raidou to learn Gen Fu's ultimate move and copy it. Gen Fu, who have waited for a worthy challenge, finally ready to kill his mighty opponent. Finally, 'The Old Man Passion' was blasted from his rock solid hand towards Raidou. At the same time, Raidou executed the very same move. Huge explosion happened - the light was so blinding, the tremor was earth shattering. There goes the life of two resurrected legends. They died again on the very same earth. Beyond the smoke, Hayate knew his sisters were saved. He quickly ran onto them. But alas, the double 'Old Man Passion' created radiation and impregnated DOA girls. Together, they gave birth to Rai Fu, the son of destruction. Rai Fu killed Hayate immediately. Hayabusa summoned his Fire Drago at him, yet Rai Fu ate it. Seeing this, the rest of the boys felt unnerved and ran.

Will they defeat Rai Fu in DOA7? Maybe. Maybe not.
This was weirder than my post where Alpha did a jello shot out of Phase 4's cleavage and Honoka used her boob as a volleyball. Congrats

Likely won't hear a peep about the next dlc until at least November 1st

Hayabusiness

So... the Tatsunoko pack, is it gonna feature many Tatsunoko series or only Yattaman (70s) and Hakushon Daimaou? Because not having Science Ninja Team Gatchaman would feel like a wasted opportunity, plus I want Jann Lee as Hurricane Polymar. Not to mention having any sort of outfit from Yattodetaman would be my dream (I absolutely love that anime!).

Darkslay

Oh god the Tatsunoko collab, i have soooo much hope for it.
The Karas/Ryu dream HAS to become a reality.
karas ryu.jpg

Hayabusiness

If it were for me, Ryu would be Joe the Condor and Hayate would be Ken the Eagle. Ayane and Kasumi could both get Jun's outfit.
Even if I never watched Karas though, his character seems like a perfect fit for Ryu too...

Another choice could be Kasumi -> Ken and Ayane -> Joe, that would be cool too IMO, since they both have a rivalry.

That said, I have a gut feeling Marie will either get Yattaman-2 or Akubi (from Akushon Daimaou). Yattaman-2 cuz she seems the character most fit for the role, Akubi cuz people wanted Marie to get a Arabian Genie-style outfit ever since the first Halloween contest.

Chapstick

Whatever costume he get, I bet Hayabusa will still wear his damn face cover. Lol.
Good

Idk why they don't add a toggle for all his outfits so you can take it off or put it on. Marie can wear her maid headband with her school gym uniform but Hayabusa can't remove his mask on his c1 (which he did a lot during the cutscenes in NGRE (which came out months before DOA5)).

Hayabusiness

Whatever costume he get, I bet Hayabusa will still wear his damn face cover. Lol.
I gave up on seeing his face again ever since Last Round came out. I mean, look at the concept for his werewolf outfit... no mask. In game version? Fucking mask.
They probably hate their own model :rolleyes: I just want more than 2 costumes that show his face... pls...

/rant

Regardless, Ryu would get his face covered in both a possible Karas outfit or a Science Ninja outfit, so I don't think there's even a need to bet, lol.

SoftCabbage

Good

Idk why they don't add a toggle for all his outfits so you can take it off or put it on. Marie can wear her maid headband with her school gym uniform but Hayabusa can't remove his mask on his c1 (which he did a lot during the cutscenes in NGRE (which came out months before DOA5)).

Answer: because he's a guy

Chapstick

Answer: because he's a guy
He's one of the biggest characters in the game being the main character of another series of theirs. They know plenty of people try out DOA because they like Hayabusa in Ninja Gaiden (I've seen at least four people in lobbies online say they're playing because they like him in NG). His face is already made. It makes no sense to me because it isn't a massive amount of work to add the option.

werewolfgold

Has anybody noticed the spelling mistake on Marie Rose's Wonderland costume? It caught my eye yesterday and now it bugs me so much lol
Yeah, it was mentioned. Maybe TN can patch in a fixed texture if people spam their FB page with it. Should take about 5 minutes to open up the file and fix...

...which means they won't do it probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD