DOA 6: Ultimate/DOA 7 wishlist

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
TN is at their best when they don't follow the rules of other fighters and with DOA6 they tried to play copy cat, and after a few months nobody wanted to play.

Well not necessarily, because some of their original ideas for their own rules didn't exactly work either or didn't quite live up to it (hence because of it, they decided to hop on what other fighters do). Issue is that TN copied the wrong things generally.

If TN struggles to even do both, then DOA must certainly need a break. But part of DOA going through that phase to begin with is not even a TN problem either way. TN can be at their best is if KT is at their best, for DOA that is.

Last edited:

human013

• Drop the focus on the tournament and focus on the ninjas. Or, since the tournament aspect of the story already feels really random, just put the tournament in the traditional arcade run with unique endings and let the ninja's story be its own thing.
  • Draw more influence from the fantasy side of DOA.
Dead.jpg

Ds0yJNCUcAE6Hr0.jpg

ss-raidou001.jpg

We have
  • mythical beings (tengu)
  • science experiments (epsilon)
  • clones (phase)
  • jelly girl (alpha-152)
  • cyborgs (raidou)
  • reanimated corpses (raidou and helena's mom?)
  • complete robots (raidou bot)
  • demon (genra)
  • sci-fi technology
  • magic
  • Not to mention the super ninja Ryu and the crazy things in his games
There is nothing that can be considered out of place in DOA so TN needs to go wild. The series has touched both ends of the extremes; young normal girls doing everyday stuff or whatever to a monster trying to end the world (All before DOA5 a.k.a. Itagaki's DOA). Make this the main theme for the next game. Create new characters around this. Create unrealistic but good looking fighting styles. Stop staying grounded to reality because that is boring and DOA can't pull it off well. The cast also needs new rivals and interactions too. I was already bored of the Leifang- Jan thing in 5. Hitomi-Hayate was amusing and I liked it but seeing it in 5 was already enough. Tina-Bass-Mila are just wandering around and hanging out which is boring. Bass-Rig was boring even in 5.

Some ideas
  • A new robot/cyborg or doll/golem. Think Ashlotte or Raiden. The DLC armor costumes in DOA5 for Hayate and Hayabusa were cool so expand on that. If the character is female then, well TN doesn't need much input for that but they can pull an alpha-152 and make her body like a barbie doll if they want to expose her. DOA is about fanservice so they might as well do it.
  • There is already an oni in DOAX so there might as well be one for DOA too. TN should have no problem designing a good looking male or female oni. Just please do not add in transformations like Kilik or Kazuya.
  • A character that can summon things like Kazumi. An alchemist (Big bad in NG3) would be interesting.
  • A character that wears some sci-fi tech to fight. Full suit or just on some parts of his/her body like gauntlets, greaves, boots, and a chest plate or something. The intro cutscene would be them walking up and activating it or putting it on. Nico was one step in the right direction. Why couldn't TN make a henchman character for Nico to use that also use technology to fight? They should never have cared about diversity points and created Diego.
  • A monster girl or chimera humanoid. Of course he or she would look good because this is DOA we are talking about.
The precedents are there. TN just needs to take advantage of it.

And, before anyone says these things do not fit DOA, just look at everything related to the ninjas and everything not related to them. If I looked only at the non ninja side (Kokoro, Tina, Lei Fang, etc) and threw Alpha-152, Genra, or Bankotsubo next to them, they too would look really out of place. Genra, a fully armored demon with magic and a weapon, next to Tina and Kokoro. DOA has gotten too normal and human. It needs to shift to the other side.

KwonJigglypuff

• Drop the focus on the tournament and focus on the ninjas. Or, since the tournament aspect of the story already feels really random, just put the tournament in the traditional arcade run with unique endings and let the ninja's story be its own thing.
  • Draw more influence from the fantasy side of DOA.
View attachment 31756

View attachment 31757
View attachment 31758
We have
  • mythical beings (tengu)
  • science experiments (epsilon)
  • clones (phase)
  • jelly girl (alpha-152)
  • cyborgs (raidou)
  • reanimated corpses (raidou and helena's mom?)
  • complete robots (raidou bot)
  • demon (genra)
  • sci-fi technology
  • magic
  • Not to mention the super ninja Ryu and the crazy things in his games
There is nothing that can be considered out of place in DOA so TN needs to go wild. The series has touched both ends of the extremes; young normal girls doing everyday stuff or whatever to a monster trying to end the world (All before DOA5 a.k.a. Itagaki's DOA). Make this the main theme for the next game. Create new characters around this. Create unrealistic but good looking fighting styles. Stop staying grounded to reality because that is boring and DOA can't pull it off well. The cast also needs new rivals and interactions too. I was already bored of the Leifang- Jan thing in 5. Hitomi-Hayate was amusing and I liked it but seeing it in 5 was already enough. Tina-Bass-Mila are just wandering around and hanging out which is boring. Bass-Rig was boring even in 5.

Some ideas
  • A new robot/cyborg or doll/golem. Think Ashlotte or Raiden. The DLC armor costumes in DOA5 for Hayate and Hayabusa were cool so expand on that. If the character is female then, well TN doesn't need much input for that but they can pull an alpha-152 and make her body like a barbie doll if they want to expose her. DOA is about fanservice so they might as well do it.
  • There is already an oni in DOAX so there might as well be one for DOA too. TN should have no problem designing a good looking male or female oni. Just please do not add in transformations like Kilik or Kazuya.
  • A character that can summon things like Kazumi. An alchemist (Big bad in NG3) would be interesting.
  • A character that wears some sci-fi tech to fight. Full suit or just on some parts of his/her body like gauntlets, greaves, boots, and a chest plate or something. The intro cutscene would be them walking up and activating it or putting it on. Nico was one step in the right direction. Why couldn't TN make a henchman character for Nico to use that also use technology to fight? They should never have cared about diversity points and created Diego.
  • A monster girl or chimera humanoid. Of course he or she would look good because this is DOA we are talking about.
The precedents are there. TN just needs to take advantage of it.

You actually have a good point. TN should differenciate themselves with this fantasy touch.

MIST could genetically modify a male oni re-using Genra's power and even create an exotic female furry. I would be okay with that...

human013

You actually have a good point. TN should differenciate themselves with this fantasy touch.

MIST could genetically modify a male oni re-using Genra's power and even create an exotic female furry. I would be okay with that...
I'm not really into furries like the ones in the west, but the animal-human hybrid characters that are popular in Japan seem good. Like the nine tail fox girl in Nioh. There is no limit for TN. And it also doesn't have to be related to mist. Expand the world. Introduce new elements. Make the world interesting and unique.

human013

• A throw break system similar to VF.
DOA already has a lot of throws per character so this throw break system shouldn't hurt the triangle too much. Throws can only be broken at certain frames and guaranteed throws will be present in a way related to the triangle system like hi counter throws can't be broken.
  • Tighter holds and specific holds for every attack type at every level.
Make the high and low holds function the same way mid holds do. 7H for high punch, 9H for high kick, 1H for low punch, and 3H for low kick. This will reduce the chances of guessing right and will make people think more before holding. Will Hayate do PK or PP? If these inputs overlaps with a character's special holds then change the inputs for those special holds. Maybe use the special button for that stuff.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Bring back the sex appeal. The modest outfits disgust me. Bring back the big bouncing tits. If possible big floppy dicks. Idc I'm not going to pretend like their tasteful costumes have been good... they are so church camp.

DOA has always been fun until they gave in and tried to appeal to esports for the ten people in this community that think DOA needs to be Amish paradise.

Uncensored entertainment is what I believe in and Sony censors visions.

Gameplay wise get rid of the meter. I never want to hear about the god fucking meter again.

mizking

Fanservice related request: TN needs to make Kasumi's blue costume the default again, also the costume looks kinda tight in the boob section for some reason, they'll need to bring back those 5 vanilla physics for that costume, makes my chest hurt looking at that. Who's idea was it to replace an iconic costume with that (nothing against it)

A HD version of 1 (the PS1 edition this time, actually did anyone like the PS1 edition) maybe they can add a HD 2HC as well with PS4/5 users getting an unlockable theme if they beat story (properly, and mean properly, I mean largest, and very hard at 1 round or more with unlimited time) with everyone and the theme is based on that Kasumi promotional image from the Japanese version of the game

human013

not anime.jpg

Fanservice related request: TN needs to make Kasumi's blue costume the default again, also the costume looks kinda tight in the boob section for some reason, they'll need to bring back those 5 vanilla physics for that costume, makes my chest hurt looking at that. Who's idea was it to replace an iconic costume with that (nothing against it)
It doesn't have to be the same original blue default but the costume should have elements people are familiar with.
51S8ueR8NDL._SX385_.jpg

Stars_-_Kasumi.png

WO3U-Kasumi.png

chara_01.png

I would say the important parts to her design are her exposed chest, exposed thighs, and her crotch cloth. Remember, "She kicks high".

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
- Don't utilize a meter-system. If "super move" variations need to be in use for DOA7, they can take form in landing specific moves on NH or on CH. Otherwise, KT/TN can try to elaborate on what was shown in DOA5LR. Like a threshold from *within* the players life bar.
There could be a new offensive "super" move mechanic and a "full body hold mechanic" there won't have to be a meter-system but it can just take form of a mechanic in line with what is going on with the users health bar or if they meet a certain criteria mid-match.

- Allow for side stepping for directional inputs. There was no point in taking that away in DOA6. And, you *don't* allocate a *side step mechanic* into a meter system, especially in a 3D fighting game. No 3D fighting game should ever do that.

- Put at least two or three more cool *male* characters akin to Terry Bogard, Geese Howard, or Kyo Kusanagi for example.

- Okizeme needs to be in favor of the offender, not the defender. This what EmeryReigns was speaking about much earlier this year.

- Get some stronger writers for the story mode. Give the secondary characters time to shine and actually contribute something to the story other than... whatever a lot of that nonsense was in most of DOA6's story line, if you can even call it that. And, no. I am not the best writer in the world but I am 100% *sure* you can come up with better materials than what we've saw.
I'd prefer if KT/TN would just ignore certain stories altogether.

- Keep the fanservice. And, don't listen to woke game journalists or some weirdos on twitter. Just don't. The partial reason is because people (especially folks in the FGC, including... particularly well-known players in the West) are wildly inconsistent or oddly specific about this factor.

- In response to the last statement, introduce two or three likable female characters equivalent to Nyotengu, Tamaki, or Mila for example.

- Introduce more elaborate environmental hazards like in DOA4 and in DOA5LR (reference: Several specific stages from DOA4 and the cliffhanger factor from DOA5LR).

- Goes without saying: Better netcode.

- Tag Mechanic. There are people who enjoy that mechanic. And, an arcade mode with actual character endings.

Last edited:

T..J. Bernard

I forgot a couple things. Here are some extra things as well (Mainly for DOA 7 should that come out):
1. Blacklist (Like how SF has it)
2. Options for Wired only lobby and vice versa (We can see the symbol but I think this should be expanded upon)
3. If they were to add guests not Tifa, go out of bounds out of nowhere, wouldn't expect this kind of character (I'm thinking for example Neji/Hinata from Naruto).
4. Idk if DOA 6 has this but the ability to rewind on replays would be dope
5. Extra battles that can potentially unlock certain DLC, for a limited time. Potentially fight classic bosses and such.
6. A rank system overhaul is a must (I personally hate the fact that you can go 60-20 for example and still have a negative turnout with rank points, depending on the rank.)
7. Since they can pull from NG, (With Momiji, Rachel, Ryu, and such) why not add for example a Fiend character.

There's probably some additional stuff, but this is the most I can think of.

human013

- Keep the fanservice. And, don't listen to woke game journalists or some weirdos on twitter. Just don't. The partial reason is because people (especially folks in the FGC, including... particularly well-known players in the West) are wildly inconsistent or oddly specific about this factor.
This so F***ing much!!

I'd also want them to avoid circlejerks and echo chambers too. Places where there is no diversity of thought and everything said in those places are just taken as fact without ever looking at anything. Or places where everything they propose is considered amazing. And avoid people and communities that think they are morally superior. I don't like people who constantly blame everything on people of a certain nationality or people with certain hobbies when their community has a DOAX thread that is incredibly more active than any other thread and their people also buy DLCs regularly.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Toning down DOA was obviously a bad idea and they learned the hard way with DOA6. If it was my way the sexual tone would have been turned up a little bit from 5 and it was downed.

If people can’t take it seriously so be it. If the fighting game is good and you liked it to begin with I can’t say what the problem is with ultra attractive men in underwear or sexy women with their bouncing breasts. It’s going to be m rated anyway.

The funny thing is when blood was announced people said that it could achieve it’s M rating now and that it made sense... but I personally prefer sexy characters wearing sexy clothes to the disgusting and pointless gore we see in wack ass Mortal Kombat.

Sony put out a lot of dumb rules that have censored developers art or what their vision is and I will no longer buy a Sony product because of it.

DOAX is making more money than DOA6 could ever hope to achieve and that’s because DOAX is more DOA than their most current fighter that people have been playing for over 20 years.

I liked it when Team NINJA was in bed with Microsoft as far as politics go. With Sony... gross.

Last edited:

marussya

DOA6U/Doa7 wishlist : 1.the fact of its existence 2.enough efforts from Devs to make a good game which all doa fans will like to play

That's all.
In a worst case it can be just a port with only graphical improvements. In better case - a fixed version of a game that all fans will like, version that will give a good profit to prove that series deserve a good-quality next installment at least

Last edited:

human013

I think what TN did to DOA6 has more to do with trying to fit into the FGC than the censorship Playstation has in mind. Just look at the tournament mode in DOA6. But, the rumor/ thought of DOA6 getting censored or having less fanservice did way more harm than good so I don't know why some people think less fanservice will make DOA more popular or respected.

jusD

I think what TN did to DOA6 has more to do with trying to fit into the FGC than the censorship Playstation has in mind. Just look at the tournament mode in DOA6. But, the rumor/ thought of DOA6 getting censored or having less fanservice did way more harm than good so I don't know why some people think less fanservice will make DOA more popular or respected.

Because it's two different issues:
- TN removing fan service because some vocal, American, political minority don't like "sexy" just to get recognition -> betrayal of actual fans and gamers for opinions of people who never even buy or play games. Even for those fans who would like moderation it would stil be seen as a low blow.
- TN willingly going back to the DOA 3-2U-4 levels of fan service, Xtreme games not included. Those titles had most sold copies and people played them most so obviously if we just turn the time back all will be good...

... but the problem is that time will never turn back and the days of just arcade or couch multi with friend who only had fighting games to play 2vs2 or 4vs4 is gone. While fighting audience got smaller (especially casual audience), the big chunk of the DOA market is in "sexy waifu simulator" and turning it more modest (as I would stil like even if I know how pointless it would be to shot yourself in the foot when you already are one legged) is only possible via soft filtering:

Let player chose if they want sexy mode (with more skimpy costumes, 10 liter sweat/second and anti gravity tits) or SFW mode and from there give them ability to create own mode by tagging different content for different, self chosen modes. Maybe I would like one SFW, one NSFW with only sexy costumes and even specific fighters and one Beach mode where only swimwear of my choosing are allowed and only specific beach stages for the available stages in random.

NikkySan

lol I knew this thread would devolve into rants about censorship... anyway...

The series either needs a full blown reboot (retell the story from DOA1-4 but not how they did it in Dimensions where they overcomplicated it and made Ryu into fucking John Cena where Kasumi went from killing Raidou all by herself in the original storyline to needing Ryu's help to beat him and making him the one to defeat Genra, not Ayane) or a soft reboot, set a good 15-20 years later after DOA6 and Marie Rose and Honoka retconned out of existence, I will never forgive TN for shoehorning them into the storyline and making them important characters. The story got so stupid with DOA6. Get rid of NiCO and Tamaki too, stop shoehorning Xtreme characters into the games just to please the loli-obsessed pervs.

If DOA7 took place a number of years later, replace most of the cast with a new generation of characters and only keep a handful of old ones like Kasumi, Ryu, Jann Lee, etc. Mei Lin becomes a fighter trained by Elliot and uses Elliot's moveset from DOA5 plus a few of her own moves to give her own identity, Elliot fully transitions to Gen Fu's fighting style. Leifang becomes pregnant with Jann Lee's child some time after DOA6 but he leaves her because her family never accepted him (her family is very wealthy so they always viewed him as a "lowlife street rat" even though he saved her life once). Leifang raises their child on her own, and teaches them Tai Chi Chuan (only as self defence and a way to keep them out of trouble, Leifang doesn't want her child to become a fighter). Leifang's child grows up wondering who their father was, but Leifang never mentions him because she was heartbroken by him leaving her. When they turn 17/18, the first DOA tournament in nearly two decades is announced and they run away to enter the tournament knowing Jann Lee will likely be there, much to Leifang's dismay.

For gameplay, I think they need to go back to basics and use DOA2-3 as a template, no more special gauges, break blow/holds, etc. They're trying to turn the series into Tekken in hopes of it being taken more seriously by the FGC. In reality, DOA would be taken more seriously if holds weren't possible while you were stunned, no combos are guaranteed until you are launched.

Bring back slopes, stairs, snow, etc. for the stages. DOA5-6's stages were so fucking bland and lifeless. Stop recycling stages, the wrestling/boxing ring stage has been used for 3 games in a row now! The undulations in the terrain actually brought strategy into the gameplay, you'd need to be aware of where you are in the stage and adapt. DOA2-4's stages were so detailed and unique.

I'm fine with fanservice, but the guys should be sexualised as much as the girls are. You got plenty of women/gay men who love the DOA series too and (almost) all the male characters are hot, give us bulge physics already!

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD