DOA5U listed on Amazon... new info

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I personally don't want Rachel or another VF character, though it wouldn't annoy me if it ended up being Rachel (unless Tengu got the boot for her). I'd rather it be a brand new character, or at least Irene fighting with some military/CIA/special forces style. Maybe even Krav Maga.

If it has to be either Rachel or a VF character though, than I'm rooting for Rachel.

Dacthunder

Team Ninja should just reveal all the God damned characters to both end this lame soap opera about them and focus entirely on the much-needed gameplay changes.
Don't know about you, but I like the way Seth revealed all of the new 12 UMvC 3 characters all at once, but showed the gameplay later so we don't have to go through the drama of who's in or not (of course doesn't matter people will still be disappointed either way, but people seem to rage more after waiting too long to see if their favorite character made it in). However, I agree, Teamninja should just go ahead and show all of the characters, especially at E3 with this update.

Ghosty-J

You mean this Candy/Honey ?
[Dat Candy]​

Yup, that's the charac-

tumblr_inline_mmxhb8nsRN1qz4rgp.gif

.........Sweet jeezess.

werewolfgold

Don't know about you, but I like the way Seth revealed all of the new 12 UMvC 3 characters all at once, but showed the gameplay later so we don't have to go through the drama of who's in or not (of course doesn't matter people will still be disappointed either way, but people seem to rage more after waiting too long to see if their favorite character made it in). However, I agree, Teamninja should just go ahead and show all of the characters, especially at E3 with this update.
Seth didn't reveal the characters. People on Gamefaqs found all the character art on the website. Capcom just had to bite the bullet on that one. Were it not for those files, the characters would've just been revealed when their gameplay vids were.

Kronin

Irene would make a bit more sense because the CIA is trained in hand to hand fighting. Rachel is just stronger than most people and swings a war hammer and uses a grappling hook.

Considering that Mysterious black hooded Kasumi in Story mode, this is quite possible, but for some reason I think Rachel is less likely. I'd pick Irene over her, Irene could get a military fighting style or something special force based.

I personally don't want Rachel or another VF character, though it wouldn't annoy me if it ended up being Rachel (unless Tengu got the boot for her). I'd rather it be a brand new character, or at least Irene fighting with some military/CIA/special forces style. Maybe even Krav Maga.
Finally someone showing some love for the poor mistreated CIA agent.. I'm moved guys, and so Irene too
yxy4lyO.gif

sAHeLgSl.jpg

after all the shit that's been said about Leon being a Bayman clone i would think you of all people would understand not everyone has to be a clone.

if Rachel joins DOA she's not going to be lugging around that big ass hammer so she doesn't HAVE to be a slow bruiser.id be expecting her to use her spin dodge and roll to go over and get behind the opponent and mess them up,keep i mind she's about as strong as Ryu is probably less and hes no tank

Sorry Emperor but I have to agree: Leon is not a clone of Bayman, just Akira is not of Kokoro, or Sarah and Jacky of Jann Lee. No doubts that any charaters will be inserted, TN will know how to do to give him an unique moveset compared to the others.
Team Ninja should just reveal all the God damned characters to both end this lame soap opera about them and focus entirely on the much-needed gameplay changes.
I disagree... I know that is inevitable that part of the requests will not find acceptance in the end, but personally I prefer this feeling of suspense and mystery rather to know already all the roster like happened for DoA5.

Kronin

Well, apparently it's a very close match for the idol costumes.. (D32%, O34%, A33%)

Yep, it's really unexpected from me: I think that the Japanese are really choosing between the costumes (also if maybe thinking more to their favourite idols that seen them) rather than about the DoA characters in the teams, a good thing I think.

Dacthunder

Seth didn't reveal the characters. People on Gamefaqs found all the character art on the website. Capcom just had to bite the bullet on that one. Were it not for those files, the characters would've just been revealed when their gameplay vids were.
Don't let Capcom fool you, that was their sneaky way of revealing all of the characters and they knew those images were going to be found. They didn't have to allow those images at all, and after they were seen, Seth did confirm all of those characters, so pretty much that's revealing all the characters. I just wish teamninja reveal all characters at E3, but it looks like they're showing two at a time every other week.

werewolfgold

Don't let Capcom fool you, that was their sneaky way of revealing all of the characters and they knew those images were going to be found.
lolno

That was a grade A f*** up on the part of the site manager. Capcom is not a monolith. Though it is easier just to have all your assets ready and uploaded to the server, in this case...not a good move. And when you have that degree of a leak, "No comment" or "Those pictures that are in the art style of every other revealed character on the site were all lies" isn't gonna cut it. Seth saying that the pictures weren't fake (which would be outright lying if he had said otherwise) does not an official reveal make. They had no choice. Tons of planning and money go into these promotions, trailers, and release schedules. You can't just wing that stuff. Especially when I'm sure that Seth as well as probably Sven and some other higher-ups knew that not everyone was going to be 100% happy with who we ended up with.

There was no sneakiness. If they wanted the characters to have been known, people wouldn't have had to type in random file names to see what picture they would get.

Dacthunder

lolno

That was a grade A f*** up on the part of the site manager. Capcom is not a monolith. Though it is easier just to have all your assets ready and uploaded to the server, in this case...not a good move. And when you have that degree of a leak, "No comment" or "Those pictures that are in the art style of every other revealed character on the site were all lies" isn't gonna cut it. Seth saying that the pictures weren't fake (which would be outright lying if he had said otherwise) does not an official reveal make. They had no choice. Tons of planning and money go into these promotions, trailers, and release schedules. You can't just wing that stuff. Especially when I'm sure that Seth as well as probably Sven and some other higher-ups knew that not everyone was going to be 100% happy with who we ended up with.

There was no sneakiness. If they wanted the characters to have been known, people wouldn't have had to type in random file names to see what picture they would get.
Well, think about it, how many developers would be like "oops we totally screwed up and let images fly" or "lets put images on the website so people can find these characters" no, they knew exactly what they were doing and fully revealed all the characters, they have the control and they are smarter than you think. It doesn't matter, I like for all the characters to be shown at once and that's what I'm wishing for DOA5 U AT E3

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD