DOA6 Deluxe Demo

Macca Beam

we've seen face BBs on these (and nico's in her own trailer) so it should be obvious they just didn't want people nutting to ryona of the most popular ones before the game comes out

also let's not go we wuz hivemind here, because the bearhug and powerbomb were far more patrician than some pleb MK facepunches

Marteze

we've seen face BBs on these (and nico's in her own trailer) so it should be obvious they just didn't want people nutting to ryona of the most popular ones before the game comes out

also let's not go we wuz hivemind here, because the bearhug and powerbomb were far more patrician than some pleb MK facepunches
this post is disturbing

Macca Beam

shouldn't have to hear that from someone going around upboating equally edgy posts. we're all enthusiasts here.

Yurlungur

I think me and marteze just get enjoyment in a schadenfreude sort of way when we see characters we don't like getting punched in the face, not so much in a sexual manner lol

Macca Beam

well that kind of schadenfreude entertainment is also considered disturbing in most standards so that would make him a hypocrite

Zeo

Ok so I've touched on this demo and.

Diego is everything anyone could want in Ein. His 66P is basically a better and safer (albeit slower) 236P that doubles as a get in tool. He has less lows but he has all he needs. His crush game is nearly identical, he can stun launch just as well, throw game is on point, his 4P string is superior and he's packing what Ein needed in 5, frame advantage. 4PP, KK, 6P+K, 236P all give frame advantage on top of an i13 2P that gives +1. He doesn't have very many moves and he doesn't track SS very much, but he's got enough. Simple but deadly, he's perfect. Though he makes me lament what Ein could have been if he'd returned.

Only other things that come to mind are...

1. No lobbies, they said we'd have them, we didn't. I was forced to play randoms.
2. Break holds cost 2 meters instead of 1. Got screwed out of some matches due to that.
3. If you turn on throwdowns in training and disconnect, you're sent to the ranked match menu. If you go into a match after that and exit, you get sent back to training again.

These problems I'm sure aren't present in the full game, the demo we've been given is likely an older version of the game.

legibifou

Oh, i just realised that the colosseum stage, online, is now empty. TN has removed people on the stands. It's a little weird because we still can hear all the cheers of the crowd.
If I'm not wrong, the crowd was here in the first demo.

Jerk

Ok so I've touched on this demo and.

Diego is everything anyone could want in Ein.

I just decided to start checking Diego last night before I fell asleep. Didn't think of Ein but that makes sense now. I dig his more visceral moveset. Like every move is "angry" - lol.

Oh, i just realised that the colosseum stage, online, is now empty. TN has removed people on the stands. It's a little weird because we still can hear all the cheers of the crowd.
If I'm not wrong, the crowd was here in the first demo.

Interesting... haven't been matched in that stage much and didn't notice. Maybe it's for performance issues?

Akumasama

Finally played a few days on the demo and my my, I'm such a noob. It was easy in the lowest ranks, got like 30 rank wins, then I got against rank Bs and started to get my ass kicked lol
I have a few comments to share, hoping someone will be enable to enlighten me:

Somewhat Important aspects
1) I've been having issues with the triggering of Break Blow and Break Hold (often). You press the right command but instead of what you want you get a normal first hit of the Fatal Rush if you're tryin for Break Blow (happened to me rarely though) and in the case of Break Hold, it simply doesn't happen. Are there some conditions to produce Break Hold if you're receiving blows? I was under the impression that, provided you have at least 50% break Gauge, you can do Break Hold any time. Instead I often find myself pressin the command, and again, and again, even spamming it, but nothing happens and I just keep getting hit.
At first I thought it was a matter of controller configuration, I use H+P+K for sidestep and break gauge related stuff. So I tried to use the (S) button instead, but I'm getting the same result. Anybody has an explanation for that?

2) What is the difference between setting (S) and H+P+K in the controller config screen? Since they went to the lenghts of putting them separately you'd be leaning to think there should be a difference, but I couldn't find any...

3) Sometimes, more often than I'd like it to happen, you find yourself backturned without reason. Against Elliot I was finding myself magically swapped feet towards enemy, when on the floor, even if I fell head towards enemy. Bug?

4) There seems to be zero command buffer after you perform a Break Hold, this is somewhat annoying, wonder if I'm the only one feeling like this.

5) Do they really want to avoid adding a Tatami stage for Training mode? Having a stage with no walls at all was SO USEFUL for Training. Having to constantly reset in the current training stage is SO annoying. Or is it just me? At least add an alternative version of that stage with no walls damn it ><

Totally Irrelevant aspects
1) You can't move anymore after a round is over. Nooooooo :(

2) The lack of phrases and animations when you win a round, so boring, it's always the same thing. Bet it's not just a demo thing. Irrelevant, but sad.

3) If your opponent disconnects the second you win a match, you don't get the points, don't get the win streak, and he doesn't lose the streak either. Wonder if this is intentional? I don't seem to recall it worked like this in DoA5, did it?

4) While I absolutely love the graphics, the "shine" effect on skin is a bit too strong? I like how the game looks brighter than the dark/dirty DoA5 looks, but the shine effect looks a bit too strong to me. Playing on PS4 Pro here.

5) Is the default health bar lower than it was on DoA5? Rounds seem to be lasting less, not sure I like this, but I'm confident it will be customizable at least in Lobby matches.

Last edited:

candynarwhal

I found out I had a free month of Xbox Live Gold to redeem. Guess who's been on this demo like mad for the past couple hours...

That is to say, I ventured out online for the first time since DOA4 - and I found out I'm not so worthless after all!

Still got my ass whooped a fair few times, though. :oops:

Shout-out to the Tina mirror match that sent me a nice message after he wiped me the fuck out. <3

human013

In stun I know I need to hold since SE is gone but I just can't bring myself to do it. It feels too weird. It goes against my DOA5 core values:(

I'm liking the game but it's not as amazing as people made it out to be. I was more excited for DOA5 but that was probably because it was my first DOA game. After years of DOA5, DOA6 isn't too groundbreaking for me.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Thoughts about the beta:

-I really like this neutral game really focused in footies and small combo strings (in comparison with DOA 5 and its stun system). I have flashbacks from DOA2U and I really like it.

-I'm in love with DOA 6 stages, I love how much interactivity there's in several of them and how gorgeous they are in comparison with DOA 5.

-Training mode is savage. I'm really impressed with the framedata implementation. It's the best training mode in a 3D fighting game.

-In my opinion is a bit annoying going to training mode, selecting a character and wait for matchmaking just to use the character you selected in Online mode. It's way too annoying having to go first to Online mode, selecting a different character and then going back to training mode. You should be able to play with the character you selected in training mode.

-After a ranked match in training mode, when you finish it and you are back to the training, would be nice if the game could remember your last settings (IA actions .. etc).

-Netcode is better than I expected. Back in DOA5 Ultimate I felt lag even in character screen selection. Now if you play only against people using wire connections and +4, matches tend to be good. Still nothing like local play but it's something.

-Graphics are really good overall in my opinion but there's something off with light reflections in skin and especially with hair. Sometimes looks like it's plastic material due lighting reflection way too much in hair. Adding anti aliasing would be nice as well.

-They have to reverse break blows animations into Honoka, Marie Rose and NiCO. It makes no sense adding a option to turn violence off and then removing these animations for everyone.

-Costume selection is really good for female characters in my opinion. A good mix of cute, fashionable, casual and sexy costumes like in old games. I was expecting some more costumes for male characters, especially for Hayate and Ryu since they are popular but maybe they could add more costumes for free like they did in DOA 5 vanilla.

-I really like this new BGM in comparison with DOA 5, I feel it way more inspired.

In general, I'm liking DOA 6 way more than DOA 5 and I didn't dislike that game at all.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD