DOA6 Graphics Thread

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
We saw in the DOA6 credits that most of the art/graphics was outsourced to a Vietnamese(?) studio, I guess KT's/TN's own artists are in the meantime working on Dissidia, Nioh2 and that Marvel game for Nintendo.
I managed to get Master's phone number again. I asked him about this and he said it was true.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

My speculation for why Dissidia is significantly prettier than DOA: Square Enix paid Koei Tecmo significantly more money to develop Dissidia than what KT would ever invest in their own franchise, DOA6. So they pump most of their resources into Dissidia and DOA6 plays second or third fiddle. We saw in the DOA6 credits that most of the art/graphics was outsourced to a Vietnamese(?) studio, I guess KT's/TN's own artists are in the meantime working on Dissidia, Nioh2 and that Marvel game for Nintendo.

The question is ... Did they really need so many people working for Dissidia NT and Marvel?.

Dissidia NT bombed at sales really hard due it being a battle royale game highly focused in online multiplayer. Now they update the game like ... three or four times per year?.

That Marvel Switch game looks good but it's a Switch game, I don't think they really need that many developers and artist to the point to leaving almost nothing to DOA 6.

Nioh 2 is the key game without doubts, if they fuck it up wit that game then Koei will have a really hard time.

Ninoasker

Dissidia NT bombed at sales really hard due it being a battle royale game highly focused in online multiplayer. Now they update the game like ... three or four times per year?.
Not really. They update it every month with character balances. What they take more time on is when introducing characters and stages, that’s like every 2 or 3 months. Do note however that the team focuses in BOTH the original Arcade and now the home version, so of course they need a good amount of people in the team that can be split in two small ones to work in both releases.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Not really. They update it every month with character balances. What they take more time on is when introducing characters and stages, that’s like every 2 or 3 months. Do note however that the team focuses in BOTH the original Arcade and now the home version, so of course they need a good amount of people in the team that can be split in two small ones to work in both releases.

Yep but they don't need artists and 3D modelers for balance patches, that's why I was referring to a few updates per year, meaning characters, costumes, stages and such things.

Ninoasker

Yep but they don't need artists and 3D modelers for balance patches, that's why I was referring to a few updates per year, meaning characters, costumes, stages and such things.
oops true lmaoo sorry, I was thinking on it as the whole team and not the individual departments inside it

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I managed to get Master's phone number again. I asked him about this and he said it was true.

I wished I would've been wrong there. >__> So they are basically throwing their own so far most important franchise under the bus to get that sweeter Square Enix and Nintendo money.

Don't bother him too much, or he'll have a new phone number soon again. ;)

The question is ... Did they really need so many people working for Dissidia NT and Marvel?.

Dissidia NT bombed at sales really hard due it being a battle royale game highly focused in online multiplayer. Now they update the game like ... three or four times per year?

It doesn't matter that it bombed, they signed that contract before that happened and they got paid likely a very nice sum for the game. Also, TN will want to do their very best work so that Square Enix and Nintendo will commission them again in the future.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Mine. I didn't care for Ninja Gaiden ever. :)

I have the feeling Nioh might take that spot now though. The first game was a big success, both critically and financially, and they seem to put some effort into the sequel.
I only cared about NG because Kasumi was in it. The games are cool though and it definitely deserves a sequel. I’m just not sure how they would really top NG3RE.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I only cared about NG because Kasumi was in it. The games are cool though and it definitely deserves a sequel. I’m just not sure how they would really top NG3RE.

If they include Rachel.
Team NINJA had a better ranged portfolio with the exclusives on the XBOX obviously. Just a string of brilliance and variety kept all players happy.

NG3RE was fine, but brand new experience for today that improves graphics and gameplay intensity that maybe encourage the look of Ninja Gaiden/Black

Razor's Edge was full of content, but despite this I was far more engaged and for longer periods of time with Black... After playing hundreds of hours of the original already.

Brute

Standard Donor
I’m just not sure how they would really top NG3RE.
It wouldn't be that hard. You could start with making some decent stages, adjusting enemy AI, cutting back on explosives and projectile spam, revert health back to NG1 status and remove the stupid effects attached to low health, change the dodge move, etc.NG:B and NG2 were both far better than NG3RE, IMHO

Anyway, back to graphics, does anyone have the name of the Vietnamese studio outsourced for the game's visuals so I know who to blame for this eyesore?

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Downgrade-kun is here again guys, now in form of fire particle effects. Since last update, for some reason, now fire is rendered at ... I don't know, like 10fps?. It's especially clear in forbidden fortune stage.

Ninoasker

Downgrade-kun is here again guys, now in form of fire particle effects. Since last update, for some reason, now fire is rendered at ... I don't know, like 10fps?. It's especially clear in forbidden fortune stage.
Next update looking juicy

Kasumi-dead-or-alive-pixel-art-big-hips-girl-tutorial.png

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Well..it improved game performance, which is better overall. Already good enough, but maybe they can do more

Performance? it's the same in these stages in PS4 Pro at least. I didn't even notice better input delay.

I don't know if this is another bug or what the hell is going on with this game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD