DOA6 Graphics Thread

uwu

She still looks better in those games than she does in 6. There’s just something off about her and I can’t explain it.
she always looks like she’s about to cry and her hair is very.. stiff.
it looks like they also restructured her face to appear more like honoka’s but with all that she still looks cute i just.. gotta put those pigtails on my good sis

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Slapping reflective surfaces everywhere and where they don't belong looks bad. Why do modders have to always get carried away like this, lol? The ray-traced lighting does however look much better. It partly fixes the unnaturally bright, washed-out lighting and adds some darker shading to where it belongs. Well, DOA6U on PS5 might introduce that to consoles.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Great video about a fighting game developer that actually knows what they are doing and that puts a lot of care and polish into the art of their games:

I can't wait to see what Granblue Fantasy Versus ends up looking like, and I am sure a DOA that fully embraces its traditional anime look again would look amazing if developed by ArcSys as well.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Funny I was last talking about ArcSys... The brand new Guilty Gear looks amazing:

thd8odW.gif

F5yVZWe.gif

I wonder if a 3D fighter could work with that kind of look. I know ArcSys have to polish all character models and their animations like crazy, each single frame. And Guilty Gear games only have limited animation and they are 2D. Fluid 3D might be on a whole other level.
A anime DOA like this is still my dream though, lol.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I feel like we have enough "anime" games. I'd rather DOA stick to its own look.

Idem.

I really love ASW and I follow them since Guilty Gear X but I don't want to seeing them working in all fighting games just because now people like their new cel shading style.

DOA has to be DOA.

Ninoasker

And to be fair an anime DOA would look really weird imo. Even in its past anime-like games, DOA always looked more like “anime dolls” with some human-like feel to them, rather than fully 2D anime characters, which is why the style change on DOA5 wasn’t that “in your face”. Giving them a cel-shaded style outta nowhere with flashy effects a le DBFZ would be so uncanny to me.
and also we don’t need to see the 3 anime trio’s already loli faces in a 2D style that will probably make them look even more loli-cringe, as we can confirm with their usual anime styled promo/collab artworks

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Eugh...DOA6 is such an ugly, glitchy mess. I notice it again and again when I give the game another chance and play it for a while. Overall DOA5LR still has the prettier and more polished visuals.

The men in general have the better body models in DOA6, which is kinda crazy, because DOA usually focuses so much more on the female characters' bodies. The men have in general more polygons, more detailed hands and feet and skin textures and shaders are also higher quality than that of the female characters.

Rig as a thiccer and higher polygon butt than Kasumi, lol.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD