DOA6 Graphics Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Let's take a look at the newest trailer for the game that Team Ninja actually puts some effort into:

This should go in the Nioh 2 forum... and seriously you can see Team NINJA's efforts a lot better on PC than you can on an archaic Playstation. I've played on both -- it's a night and day difference, but it's easy to take shots when they do stuff like ruin Hayabusa's neck.

But even if you were in it for taking pictures, it does a solid job of that, and you can see it thanks to the photography thread.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
This should go in the Nioh 2 forum... and seriously you can see Team NINJA's efforts a lot better on PC than you can on an archaic Playstation. I've played on both -- it's a night and day difference, but it's easy to take shots when they do stuff like ruin Hayabusa's neck.

But even if you were in it for taking pictures, it does a solid job of that, and you can see it thanks to the photography thread.
What effort? They didn’t even produce DOA6 themselves. A 3rd party company in vietnam did. They haven’t even paid that much attention to DOA6, which you can clearly see in terms of content, gameplay, and graphics.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
What effort? They didn’t even produce DOA6 themselves. A 3rd party company in vietnam did. They haven’t even paid that much attention to DOA6, which you can clearly see in terms of content, gameplay, and graphics.

Try playing on PC with the highest settings (it's not even a demanding game) and PS4 can barely handle it. Not to mention Sony just sucks in general. Censoring games, content and everything else.

Not to mention he went off-topic just to sack the game... like he does every day (it's so last season).

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Try playing on PC with the highest settings (it's not even a demanding game) and PS4 can barely handle it. Not to mention Sony just sucks in general. Censoring games, content and everything else.

Not to mention he went off-topic just to sack the game... like he does every day (it's so last season).
This has nothing to do with Sony. They removed game modes such as tag for whatever reason. They added in unfinished modes such as the story mode where they admittedly didn’t add some cutscenes for whatever reasons. The wardrobe in DOA central, where you can only change the glasses and hairstyle. Literally nothing new. The lighting is atrocious on some stages.

Sony can’t be blamed for TN letting a 3rd party company create DOA6 just so they canwork on Nioh2. Nioh looks so good because they put effort into that game, you can clearly see they didn’t put as much effort into DOA6 as in Nioh. Don’t tell me that it’s the budget because even games with a small budget can still look good, and not totally be unfinished.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

So much BS in this and your last post...
DOA6, apart from resolution, does not look significantly better on PC, graphics customization options are extremely limited and lazy compared to other PC ports, all the graphical glitches, bugs, poor lighting, poor texturing, low quality and low effort in general are existent on PC as well.
We will keep on pointing that out in the DOA6 graphics thread, if you can handle it or not. Just stay out of here if it bothers you so much. Simple solution.

And get out with that Sony "censoring" whining. That is so last season. Only lolicons are affected and throwing a temper tantrum over that, because that is what Sony actually is cracking down on. Oversexualization of underage/underage looking characters, which is thank God also just in the tiniest percentage of games. Sorry, if it affects the games you play...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
So much BS in this and your last post...
DOA6, apart from resolution, does not look significantly better on PC, graphics customization options are extremely limited and lazy compared to other PC ports, all the graphical glitches, bugs, poor lighting, poor texturing, low quality and low effort in general are existent on PC as well.
We will keep on pointing that out in the DOA6 graphics thread, if you can handle it or not. Just stay out of here if it bothers you so much. Simple solution.

And get out with that Sony "censoring" whining. That is so last season. Only lolicons are affected and throwing a temper tantrum over that, because that is what Sony actually is cracking down on. Oversexualization of underage/underage looking characters, which is thank God also just in the tiniest percentage of games. Sorry, if it affects the games you play...

Yes the DOA6 graphics thread, not the Nioh 2 graphics thread. Have you actually played the game on PC, or watched the tournaments that run on PS4 in comparison to those that run on PC? There is a reason the community has put in so much effort to make PC the main system for DOA6 at tournaments... because it runs better and looks better too!

The 'Muscle' stage on PC makes the PS4 version look like a backyard wrestling ring. 'Road Rage' looks leagues better and doesn't destroy my eyes like the Playstation version does. If it can be done on PS4 it can be done on PC better, how long is it going to take some of you console fanboys to understand that?

Censoring is never last season. If it's done it's an invasion on woman just as much as lolicons that never once crossed my mind to begin with. PS4 is inferior for that, and PC knows no boundaries in comparison. I do INDEED ignore this thread to the best of my ability because I just don't see the sense in it.

The photography thread does a good job of showing what DOA can do for people that like taking pictures like you. You say this is a graphics thread but really it is your soap box to whine about the game. Are you at least willing to admit that?

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Yes the DOA6 graphics thread, not the Nioh 2 graphics thread. Have you actually played the game on PC, or watched the tournaments that run on PS4 in comparison to those that run on PC? There is a reason the community has put in so much effort to make PC the main system for DOA6 at tournaments... because it runs better and looks better too!

The 'Muscle' stage on PC makes the PS4 version look like a backyard wrestling ring. 'Road Rage' looks leagues better and doesn't destroy my eyes like the Playstation version does. If it can be done on PS4 it can be done on PC better, how long is it going to take some of you console fanboys to understand that?

Censoring is never last season. If it's done it's an invasion on woman just as much as lolicons that never once crossed my mind to begin with. PS4 is inferior for that, and PC knows no boundaries in comparison. I do INDEED ignore this thread to the best of my ability because I just don't see the sense in it.

The photography thread does a good job of showing what DOA can do for people that like taking pictures like you. You say this is a graphics thread but really it is your soap box to whine about the game. Are you at least willing to admit that?

And it’s wrong to talk about Nioh 2, a game that’s supposed to be developed by the same company that created DOA6? He used Nioh 2 as a comparison to prove what TN is capable of in terms of graphics and DOA6 didn’t get any of that.

He can talk about Nioh 2 in a DOA6 graphics thread. We even have ridiculous threads like the hair and other kinds of fetish threads on this forum, but you wanna police him saying he shouldn’t bring up Nioh 2 in a DOA6 graphics thread? A joke, literally a joke.

The PC port might make DOA6 look better, but not everybody has a PC. It also doesn’t mean that the console versions have to be neglected and ignored.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
And it’s wrong to talk about Nioh 2, a game that’s supposed to be developed by the same company that created DOA6? He used Nioh 2 as a comparison to prove what TN is capable of in terms of graphics and DOA6 didn’t get any of that.

He can talk about Nioh 2 in a DOA6 graphics thread. We even have ridiculous threads like the hair and other kinds of fetish threads on this forum, but you wanna police him saying he shouldn’t bring up Nioh 2 in a DOA6 graphics thread? A joke, literally a joke.

The PC port might make DOA6 look better, but not everybody has a PC. It also doesn’t mean that the console versions have to be neglected and ignored.

It wasn't a comparison, and also he wasn't correct about what he said. A lot of effort went into both titles, more money went into Nioh 2 for obvious reasons. It was a pointless off-topic slap. I'm not policing him more than I am pointing out the obvious on what this thread really is about.

I'm not saying Tyaren isn't a good contributor. I'm saying that he continuously beats the same dead horse then claims that I'm bsing when he said that PC isn't a noticeable improvement over PS4. It must be fun to live in a fantasy land. I can fight my own battles, and I think he can too; just saying. You're not doing his argument any favors and instead of looking at my whole argument you are looking at little bits and pieces that maybe you think you can attack.

Anything else? Or should I leave you guys back to pretending you are paid game developers that knows how this stuff works budget and all? ;)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The 'Muscle' stage on PC makes the PS4 version look like a backyard wrestling ring. 'Road Rage' looks leagues better and doesn't destroy my eyes like the Playstation version does.

Got any proof for those hyperbolic claims? Digital Foundry and other tech analysers did find no such substantial improvements on PC.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Got any proof for those hyperbolic claims? Digital Foundry and other tech analysers did find no such substantial improvements on PC.

For the 'Muscle' watch PC footage and PS4 footage, the PS4 footage will be colorless and is not nearly as bold in comparison. PC version doesn't give much more in customization options but I appreciate having control of better shadows, effect quality and object display. Not to mention on PC it has better anti-aliasing, texture filtering and shader quality.

PS4 was adamantly tossed from Summer Jam 13 and replaced with real gaming machines that only get better while PS4 ages like spoiled milk.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
For the 'Muscle' watch PC footage and PS4 footage, the PS4 footage will be colorless and is not nearly as bold in comparison. PC version doesn't give much more in customization options but I appreciate having control of better shadows, effect quality and object display. Not to mention on PC it has better anti-aliasing, texture filtering and shader quality.

PS4 was adamantly tossed from Summer Jam 13 and replaced with real gaming machines that only get better while PS4 ages like spoiled milk.

Got actual proof like screens and video comparisons/analyses? As I mentioned, Digital Foundry and others already did those comparisons, with screens and videos to back up their findings. They didn't come to your hyperbolic conclusions of the game looking "leagues better".

Also, for someone who accuses others of platform bias you sure seem to have your very own. Can you maybe discuss in here without constantly whining about Sony and PS4? Do you see us doing that in regards to PC or Xbox?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Got actual proof like screens and video comparisons/analyses? As I mentioned, Digital Foundry and others already did those comparisons, with screens and videos to back up their findings. They didn't come to your hyperbolic conclusions of the game looking "leagues better".

Also, for someone who accuses others of platform bias you sure seem to have your very own. Can you maybe discuss in here without constantly whining about Sony and PS4? Do you see us doing that in regards to PC or Xbox?

My own two eyes are the only proof I need to make it through my day. I'll let it go okay? But maybe you should be open to the idea of people disagreeing with you.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Eh...? You came in here (and all over the forum in general) complaining about us being so mean to DOA6. Seems you can't handle us disagreeing with you. I can't remember me ever coming up to you and complain about what you wrote.

Because you take it all over the forum yourself... the costumes, the old stage thread; anywhere you can. I'm going to defend DOA when I see an opportunity to do it and admit when something is wrong and leave it at that. You can't expect to go into a DOA forum expecting no one to disagree with you can you?

I would also like to think performance has something to do with graphics and Playstation is utterly behind here. The game is intolerable unless you have a Pro.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
You can't expect to go into a DOA forum expecting no one to disagree with you can you?

What? You brought the disagreeing thing up, not me. You in general like to accuse others of behaviour you are guilty of yourself all the time. Like complaining about other people's views, about having platform bias. You are projecting.
I'm also not actually fundamentally disagreeing on anything with you, I just wanted proof for your bold claims, which you didn't bring. We all know the PC version looks better, but in my opinion DOA6 is still a very flawed graphical showcase.

I would also like to think performance has something to do with graphics and Playstation is utterly behind here. The game is intolerable unless you have a Pro.

Hm...and whose fault is that? Not Team Ninja of course, for not properly optimizing the game on consoles (when other fighters seem to run in 60fps and more polished visuals fluidly), but of course the evil PS4 and evil Sony. They censored a good framerate, lol.

U_C_A_F

Sorry @deathofaninja but you're in denial if you think the PC version is light years ahead. I downloaded both core fighters versions and even maxed out theres nothing visually better in the PC version than the Pro other than potential higher resolution. textures, lighting, shadow quality and everything else not related to rendering res is exactly the same so stop spreading bs, hell even the mighty PC version doesn't even have HDR support while for some random ass reason only the xbone x version does. TN treated DOA6 as a halfassed rush job and they deserve to continuously be shitted on for it.

Ninoasker

2019 and Console Wars & Consoles vs PC Wars are still a thing LMFAO

Idk why HARDCOA GAMERZZZ are so dramatic, being multiplatform is the way to go, periodt.

Also the whole "10 times 0 equals 0" rule can be applied here. Better quality for a game that in itself looks ugly equals to looking ugly. Just in higher graphics quality. I'm sorry but DOA6 is a flop when it comes to graphics. Everything is a mess, quality is all over the place and it varies between characters, stages, lightning etc. In fact, quality varies between a character's OWN costumes!!! Remember when the male models had the correct navel placement in some costumes and then the old, incorrect one in others? Like I said, all over the place. And we ain't saying this because we hate this franchise or whateva bc otherwise we wouldn't even be here at all. We say it because it HURTS to see our beloved franchise being treated like this because TN just doesn't give a fuck about it anymore.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
What? You brought the disagreeing thing up, not me. You in general like to accuse others of behaviour you are guilty of yourself all the time. Like complaining about other people's views, about having platform bias. You are projecting.
I'm also not actually fundamentally disagreeing on anything with you, I just wanted proof for your bold claims, which you didn't bring. We all know the PC version looks better, but in my opinion DOA6 is still a very flawed graphical showcase.

Hm...and whose fault is that? Not Team Ninja of course, for not properly optimizing the game on consoles (when other fighters seem to run in 60fps and more polished visuals fluidly), but of course the evil PS4 and evil Sony. They censored a good framerate, lol.

I already explained how PC looks better and I'm not wasting my time taking screen shots for both when it's incredibly obvious from a performance and graphical perspective that the PC version blows PS4 out of the water.

I think it's pretty obvious from the opening frames that PS4 is almost beyond washed out for its own good.

The most important thing is how the game runs. Like you said the frame rate is awful on PS4 and the load times are a big issue of breaking the flow of gameplay at tournaments. Not even digging into the visuals you can see already the PC version is vastly superior.

I feel bad for PS4 players... I really do! There is a reason everyone is pushing for PC at tournaments... and not console. Performance.

Sorry @deathofaninja and even maxed out theres nothing visually better in the PC version than the Pro other than potential higher resolution. textures, lighting, shadow quality and everything else not related to rendering res is exactly the same so

HAHAHAHA!

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I already explained how PC looks better and I'm not wasting my time taking screen shots for both when it's incredibly obvious from a performance and graphical perspective that the PC version blows PS4 out of the water.

I think it's pretty obvious from the opening frames that PS4 is almost beyond washed out for its own good.

The most important thing is how the game runs. Like you said the frame rate is awful on PS4 and the load times are a big issue of breaking the flow of gameplay at tournaments. Not even digging into the visuals you can see already the PC version is vastly superior.

I feel bad for PS4 players... I really do! There is a reason everyone is pushing for PC at tournaments... and not console. Performance.

HAHAHAHA!

What's actually laughable is that because no one agreed with you here, you had to vent in your profile, making stuff up. XD

Guys, he claimed we said consoles are equally as powerful as PCs. He was either lying to make himself feel better and to get at least some agreement from others, or he lacks complete reading comprehension and that's why we were talking past eachother all this time.

Last but not least, and that is the last thing I say to you here, the Gamingbolt video you shared literally says of the oh so superior and leagues ahead PC version:
"DOA6 is no technical behemoth. It is a decent looking game, but there is no excuse for providing players with such a barebones PC graphical settings list."

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD