DOA6 Graphics Thread

Ninoasker

Scamco delivering those hot hispanic kings with no fear of being seen with a furry body or ass! TRUE MEN!!!!!!!!

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Not to keep harping on stuff, but...the way the head is connected to the neck does not look right. They got to stop intentionally posing stuff in an unflattering way.

I noticed the same weird bump Hayabusa has jutting out of neck also jutting out of Brad's neck when he turns his head. Seems many characters have that same problem. :/

Japanese game devs just want to keep everyone waxed af, even their big strong guys. The fact that Miguel from Tekken has a hairy chest still surprises me even to this day, but that may be cause he’s the typical “hot hispanic macho from Spain” character.

You have to thank one particular man for Miguel, Cervantes and others character designs like that:

latest

Kawano is obsessed with big pecs, open shirts/vests/jackets and sometimes some chest hair. If there's a character/costume like this in Tekken or Soul Calibur, you always know he was the designer, lol:

519903-cervantes%20scvi.jpg

He's obsessed with breasts in general though...

18j254qkhks4fjpg.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Scamco delivering those hot hispanic kings with no fear of being seen with a furry body or ass! TRUE MEN!!!!!!!!
View attachment 28962
SKSKSKSKSSKSJSKSB Hispanics stay winning!
I noticed the same weird bump Hayabusa has jutting out of neck also jutting out of Brad's neck when he turns his head. Seems many characters have that same problem. :/

You have to thank one particular man for Miguel, Cervantes and others character designs like that:

latest

Kawano is obsessed with big pecs, open shirts/vests/jackets and sometimes some chest hair. If there's a character/costume like this in Tekken or Soul Calibur, you always know he was the designer, lol:

18j254qkhks4fjpg.jpg
Praise the lord (Kawano)
tenor.gif

I love how he likes big tiddies for both men and women and not just little girls (looks at TN and KT). I think the SC characters are overall really well designed and interesting.

Ninoasker

latest

18j254qkhks4fjpg.jpg
fuck, his interests are literally me lmaooo, guess I have someone new to stan! x

praise Takuji Kawano and his IMPACT

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Praise the lord (Kawano)
tenor.gif

I love how he likes big tiddies for both men and women and not just little girls (looks at TN and KT). I think the SC characters are overall really well designed and interesting.

fuck, his interests are literally me lmaooo, guess I have someone new to stan! x

praise Takuji Kawano and his IMPACT

These are the real subtitles, lol:

tiddies.jpg

Seriously, Kawano is the best that happened to both Soul Calibur and Tekken, he is such a great artist. He also did this congratulatory artwork for Tekken 7 recently:

tekken7-celebration-illustration-by-takuji-kawano.jpg

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Well, you guys are all being weird now. lol

It also applied to Rock (British).
latest

You missed the updated version.
tekken-7-4-million-all-characters-art.original.jpg

Yeah, Nina and Anna went up 1 or 2 cup sizes compared to in the actual game. At least stay on-model, dude. lol

Speaking of being on-model, though it's often made fun of, the SC4 breast chart would actually be a good idea. It'd be something you'd want laid out for consistency reasons across an art team.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
By the way, Beside introducing new errors on character models, they actually also fix errors from time to time, and not just the navels. ;)
Some months ago I posted this error going on with Marie Rose boot laces:

33393403858_3e21ef1182_o.png

When I checked now, that issue was gone:

48405943026_e942fd0d9c_o.png

I noticed something else though. They downgraded their proudest achievement with the new bikinis, their elaborate, new jiggle physics. When you are in DOA Central, Wardrobe you can directly compare it on Honoka when you select different revealing costumes and rotate Honoka's character model to the left and right. On older costumes, especially visible on that Yoko from Gurren Lagann knock-off costume, you clearly notice there's stronger jiggling and deformation going on than in her new bikini. To visualize it somehow, it went from this...

866F2066EE7B1F9114CDBA8184630784CED8E9A1

...to this:

tenor.gif

werewolfgold

I noticed something else though. They downgraded their proudest achievement with the new bikinis, their elaborate, new jiggle physics. When you are in DOA Central, Wardrobe you can directly compare it on Honoka when you select different revealing costumes and rotate Honoka's character model to the left and right. On older costumes, especially visible on that Yoko from Gurren Lagann knock-off costume, you clearly notice there's stronger jiggling and deformation going on than in her new bikini. To visualize it somehow, it went from this...

...to this:

tenor.gif
oneangrygamer has entered the chat

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Yep, they fixed some issues and bugs even if there are a lot of them still there.

Abut physics, they didn't downgrade them, it's just different physics. Deluxe costumes are designed as the costumes without horizontal and vertical limitation (like if the girls were literally naked) meanwhile bikinis have some restrictions (but these still have buttocks physics) like other costumes.

While DOA5 had like two or three different setups for physics, DOA6 has a lot more, almost one for each costume (some of them share the same setup though).

mizking

By the way, Beside introducing new errors on character models, they actually also fix errors from time to time, and not just the navels. ;)
Some months ago I posted this error going on with Marie Rose boot laces:

33393403858_3e21ef1182_o.png

When I checked now, that issue was gone:

48405943026_e942fd0d9c_o.png

...to this:

tenor.gif
And they still haven't fixed Kasumi's boot laces....

Jyu_Viole_Grace

And they still haven't fixed Kasumi's boot laces....

Yep, that costume still has some issues but they fixed her puff sleeves:

This is how it was before the Mai/Kula update but I noticed since this costume was used in Mai chapter, they fixed this awful UV mapping issue.

They are also fixing other issues and interesting enough almost all these issues were previously exposed by a famous Japanese 3D artist known as oldenorgel.

He deleted all his tweets mocking at this game but I posted them in this forum months ago and they were used to mock at all this game visual issues. He reached almost 2k retweets and over 100 comments among the japanese community.

So here is what I think. Oldenorgel is well known among the Japanese community and Team Ninja, he didn't only was invited to some Japanese DOA events but he also designed some DLC outfits for DOA5:

This one as the best example.

And here you can see him playing with Nyotengu as しのび_olor

I think Team Ninja is trying to save the face after being exposed for such an important DOA5 japanese contributor and they are slowly fixing some things.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Onryoki

Standard Donor
What's wrong with how Kokoro looks in DOA6? She looks just like she did in DOA5. In both games she, out of all the girls, looks closest to a realistic anime doll, if that's what you like.

Also, that gif of yours show's her in a prerendered video. This is what she actually looked like in DOA4 and DOAX2:

maxresdefault.jpg
She still looks better in those games than she does in 6. There’s just something off about her and I can’t explain it.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I see Kokoro as always more or less, just a bit tweaks but the worst transition from DOA5 goes for Nyotengu.

All her sensuality is non-existent in this game. For me she went from SSS tier to B tier at most.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD