DOA6 Graphics Thread

shinigamy87

A graphic "mistake" that I really can't bear is the sword of Nyotengu in pirate costume that crosses through the hat when I see her in the wardrobe. And now with the Summer Breeze costume the same thing happens with the umbrella. They have to use another pose for her.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This Stage is a Buggy Mess, it pisses me off!! XD
The Seaside Eden stage could be Great, but they've done fcked it up again :(
List of bugs, many more could be found in this particular stage that are not in this video:
1st clip: Wood bench in the background
2nd clip: Vegetation on the rocks
3rd clip: Rocks in the background
Please Team Ninja, Fix this Stage properly, this stage could be a Classic!!

All stages have errors like this going on, not just the new beach stage. The asset swap when you get closer to an object or view it from an angle is super apparent.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
You maybe should be, otherwise you are not going to convince them to add the green goatee. ;) Getting proper navels on the male characters was a serious, hard and lengthy fight.
When I get the energy to fight for anything to do with this game, this will be the first thing that I will advocate for. The FIRST.

rjqnraos19

20190826233929_1.jpg

20190826235546_1.jpg

cats.jpg

left mk11 / right doa6

I can't understand... what is.... wtf...

look at these insane poly count...!!!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DOA characters always had some of the highest polygon counts in the business (except for male bodies in DOA5), wastefully high actually. You don't even need that many polygons to make a face look good as you can see on the MK11 comparison. And while they pumped insane amounts of polygons in faces and hair in DOA6, they reduced the polygon count elsewhere on the girls' bodies. As I said, that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, as you can have good results with lower polygon meshes as well, if you do it right, but the low polygon angles have unfortunetaly really become noticable on the girls in DOA6, especially on shoulders, legs and feet.

fwdp0yus76dn7p3zg.jpg

flymf7efe46jn8dzg.jpg

lrhprck6ydml71dzg.jpg

It's once again a sign that whoever worked on the DOA6 models worked very inconsistently and ineffective.

werewolfgold

Monkeygigabuster

DOA characters always had some of the highest polygon counts in the business (except for male bodies in DOA5), wastefully high actually. You don't even need that many polygons to make a face look good as you can see on the MK11 comparison. And while they pumped insane amounts of polygons in faces and hair in DOA6, they reduced the polygon count elsewhere on the girls' bodies
As a modder,I will give some more information
Each costume model in DOA will use the universal head and hair so head and hair doesn't include in the costume model. Probably that's why they try to make the head and hair as good as possible.
That's mean Team Ninja will usually create face/hair for the character as a base and then outsources other costume model to other Koei Techmo division

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Christie has high polygon count in that costume, just like in DOA5.

That is an example of awful skinning skills. Look at her in her DOA 5win pose, you will see how her butt is perfectly rounded and then look at her in her DOA6 win pose, you will see that they messed it up with skinning process.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I finally looked at the problem in detail. It is definitely the butt jiggle physics at fault here. Both for the visible polygon edges as well as the shadowing tracing the polygons. The jiggle deforms the polygon mesh and the lighting treats those deformations like indentations or protrusions and so shadowing is applied there. With the jiggle physics turned off the issue is gone. That's why when I take photos I always turn the jiggle off. It isn't visible in photos anyway (except as weird polygon edges and shadowing), lol.

I also took a closer look at the models in the new bikinis. They really took a step back in model quality from DOA5:

48709318387_2036fdd0c2_o.png

48708818758_951020aa8d_o.png

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD