I doubt she’ll get only 2 costumes. She had multiple classic outfits back in DOA5. I think she’ll get already 3-4 costumes.she will have round face and shiny, a bit like marie rose. 2 default costume recolor , 2 variant of shrine maiden suit
the rest paid dlc nurse, bride etc
I hope she gets her C2 with mask, this would make her costume way betterI’d be happy if she gets a new C1 but that’s probably not happening. I’m more worried about that moveset of hers... I hope she gets a second stance and some flashier moves
One could say some people are so happy to have Momiji that there now willing to give rushed content a pass. Issues like this wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't just a reminder that DoA6 has been an afterthought from the beginning for TN/Tecmo.I feel like y’all are nitpicking at this point....
What @Jyu_Viole_Grace said.One could say some people are so happy to have Momiji that there now willing to give rushed content a pass. Issues like this wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't just a reminder that DoA6 has been an afterthought from the beginning for TN/Tecmo.
I bet they didn't even plan on adding Momiji yet but were forced to while they still have a few people still interested in this game. Either way I hope Momiji fans are happy she's back.
DOA 5 was the same and even worse with cloth physics:Man that game looked good right from the gate and had noticeably more care put into it. DoA6 fans did finally get Momiji so at least certain people can stop constantly asking for her.
I speaking in general that DoA5 looked great right from the gate which it did.DOA 5 was the same and even worse with cloth physics:
I don't have here my PS3 so I can't get direct pictures from my game but even if these are low quality pictures from a Youtube video, you can see how cloth physics weren't perfect in DOA5.
This has nothing to do with UV mapping, skinning or rigging, there isn't an "artistic" way to fix this, the only way to "fix" this is adding more bones and physic bodies to the skirt.
You can add over one million bones to the skirt if yout want, maybe then you will get near to perfect skirt physics but then maybe you have to play the game at 480p and 30fps.
We are talking about Momiji and if she's supposed to be rushed in comparison with DOA5U.I speaking in general that DoA5 looked great right from the gate which it did.
Just gonna chime in and say real quick, the buggy alpha maps on hair, which is one of the reasons it looks kind of atrocious, are distinctly not an issue on PS4.This should go in the Nioh 2 forum... and seriously you can see Team NINJA's efforts a lot better on PC than you can on an archaic Playstation. I've played on both -- it's a night and day difference, but it's easy to take shots when they do stuff like ruin Hayabusa's neck.
This is a good summary.From how I see it, DOA6 did some things really well, and while some of those base implementations have potential to make the game gorgeous, it seems like a lot of that was messed with by bad decisions further in development..
- They moved to a PBR based render engine, following other fighting games. Allows better lighting simulation, more realistic materials, etc. Materials are done pretty well in this game. Metals look like metal, cloth looks like cloth. Especially compared to Tekken 7, where wool sweaters are laminated in plastic and then dunked in bacon grease. I also personally love the APO stage's use of volumetric fog.
- Most meshes, while reused from DOA5, are overall much higher poly and give smoother surfaces.
- Almost everything was re-UV mapped for more efficient texture space usage. I believe the majority of reused costumes have new, higher res textures than 5. This was done to remove fake painted shading to use more of the engine's lighting.
- I think they've patched some weight painting issues with Kasumi and Marie? Floating geometry and such.
Even though I have more negatives than positives, it's much easier focus on what you don't like. DOA looks pretty good.. it just sucks that these little things are there.
- They magically fused together the old method of rendering semi-transparent objects, forward rendering on top (literally rendered on top) of the new engine. While this is great for the purpose of reusing DOA5 hair assets, it's applied inconsistently to characters, (tina, marie) the textures are the same resolution as 5, there are artifacts, (pixelated scalps,) and it doesn't photograph properly with the aperture due to incorrect depth buffering.
- The lighting isn't accurate to the environments. A light follows the camera pointed at the characters, in dark enclosed spaces there's rim lights on both sides of a win pose, the ambient light is cranked up on the throwdown stage.. I think this is pretty unfortunate since the early beta throwdown stage had excellent atmosphere, even if it was a bit dark.
- Poly count is super inconsistent, and very inefficient- face meshes are ridiculously high poly. This includes the back of the head on characters that have hair fully covering it up. Body meshes were redone: male bodies are leaning high poly but are overall a good balance. Female bodies are oddly low poly everywhere minus the hands. Leifang's new C1 is a good example of inconsistent topology- the "ropes" she has on her outfit are overly detailed while her actual top itself is jagged on the edges where it shows her midriff.
- Bad poly count is probably why we didn't get tag cause of performance lol
- Inconsistent texture resolution and detail. I noticed that Kasumi's braid hairstyle is 2k, the one with the least surface area. Her other hairstyles are 1k.. what...???@#*&#?? I tried modding in the higher res texture onto her ponytail but it just didn't work. Has to be done from TN's side. (there's also lots of copies of textures, wasting hard drive space)
No, this is a lie! I was told the PC version looks far superior, it looks leagues better, UNIVERSES better!Just gonna chime in and say real quick, the buggy alpha maps on hair, which is one of the reasons it looks kind of atrocious, are distinctly not an issue on PS4.
And, for reference, that's PC with max settings at 1080p and PS4 on prioritize action, so I gave PC as much of an advantage as I could.