DOA6 Graphics Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What do you guys mean by invisible car crash? I'm lost.
I think they mean the car gimmick in the Gamblers Paradise exhibit in the Unforgettable stage, instead of the cars just driving and sending you flying in the air like DOA4, they're just parked and if you hit them like a wallsplat they send you flying and then they just disappear, at least in the trailer when Eliot did it to Brad

KwonJigglypuff

I think they mean the car gimmick in the Gamblers Paradise exhibit in the Unforgettable stage, instead of the cars just driving and sending you flying in the air like DOA4, they're just parked and if you hit them like a wallsplat they send you flying and then they just disappear, at least in the trailer when Eliot did it to Brad

Oh okay I see, I thought it was the cars in the road stage from the Christie trailer.

Too many cars.

Car as a joke newcomer asap please.

Please no

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Someone pointed it out in a status but I can definitely see now that Diego got a new shorter hairstyle. It's grainy but that's definitely new:
Fotor_15449297475074.jpg

I actually like him a lot more with short hair, his default wannabe Travis Touchdown hair is goofy imo xD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Watching this more recent demo build (DOA Fes) of the PS4 version...
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/349310736

(In absolutely shitty image quality by the way. Why do we have to resort to videos like this just two months from release? Honestly, what kind of marketing is that?)

...you can spot some visual improvements. :) The lighting in stages such as the Jurassic Park stage is more aesthetic, less overexposed and less yellow and the shadow map pixelation and flickering on eggs and the slide is gone too. :)

Those loading times though... They are around 20-25 seconds. They need to more than halve those. Is that possible?

Because I might sound like a harsh critic sometimes, I'd like to say one thing though. At least by what I can tell (the image quality of footage we get is as mentioned mostly pretty bad) the console version of DOA6 does seem to look pretty nice compared to PC footage. There does not seem to be that huge of a visual quality disparity between the platforms as we know it from Tekken 7 or Soul Calibur 6. Team Ninja seems to be visually optimizing the heck out of this game on the weaker consoles. I applaud them for that. :)
I'll applaud them even more if they add great PS4 Pro and Xbox One X optimization. If anyone from Team Ninja is reading this: Please also think of automatical supersampling on PS4 Pro attached to HD TVs. The console does feature a forced supersampling solution now if the game doesn't, but that solution is rather ineffective, as it is blurring the image more than it should in the process. Game implemented supersampling on HDTVs is the way to go. Additionally, options like in Nioh would be amazing.

Last edited:

jellypvdding

Found this on Twitter: They significantly toned down the facial contortions for the girls when punched:

Brad punching Eliot:

DugCSOhVAAAr88j.jpg

Brad punching Hitomi:

DugCSOgUUAA1u8u.jpg

:/

maaan, if y'all are gonna be wishy-washy about the gimmick then get rid of it altogether. we been knew that it wasn't a good look for the game. might as well take the blood and bruising textures off while you're at it. smh.

jellypvdding

...I'm actually angry at this. If they're so damn concerned with coddling their waifus then just don't have the mechanic.

for real.

like??? i wasn't impressed with them trying to go hard using entry level mortal kombat shiz in the first place. but if you're going hard then go hard bich! own this new wack violence boner or tuck it under your waistband cos the idea of gender based censoring is lame.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
TN really can't win huh... They have the super expessive punch zoom? people get angry.

They tone it down? people are angry...

Or they could for once stand by their decisions for the direction of the game? Not executing their decisions only half-assed or entirely reversing them afterwards. They'd only make one group (of idiots) angry. ;)

jellypvdding

TN really can't win huh... They have the super expessive punch zoom? people get angry.

They tone it down? people are angry...

yeah that's very true. :)

but they came out with the former. the latter just seems like a punk move cos the tea that tyty was pointing out in their post was that the tone down seems to only apply to the queens of the game. i don't know like... that has me feeling some type of way about the concept as a whole now. :D

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
yeah that's very true. :)

but they came out with the former. the latter just seems like a punk move cos the tea that tyty was pointing out in their post was that the tone down seems to only apply to the queens of the game. i don't know like... that has me feeling some type of way about the concept as a whole now. :D
It shouldn't though. The game is going to be great, I don't care what maneuvers they do for publicity until it's released. I'm probably going to turn off the BB cam all together if it's an option, not because I'm against it, but because it'll get annoying eventually and I'd much rather not have it slowing down fights. TN has been doing the most okayish job of marketing this game. Lmao they're either great or terrible at it but so far they seem to be getting the job done.

The only people left screaming at them now are the people who are actually trying to take DOA6 as a political statement (And weren't going to really play the game anyway), and Momiji/Rachel fans (My sincerest good vibes go out to y'all. Your girls'll be back I'm sure.). So as far as subverting the outrage crowds that were lining up to knock DOA6 down I think TN is doing a bangup job. Plus who knows, the level of violence in the BBs could be a slider like jiggle physics, blood, dirt, and sweat.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think TN really tries way too hard to cater to some people who have complaints about their waifu’s. The face close up to me is unnecessary. I think the powerblow mechanic could’ve been adjusted to fit in 6.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If they're really toning down the facial contortions, they could at least make full facial contortions for the girls an option like how they do the blood, bruises and dirt tbh. I think it's annoying that I'm getting full game features toned down for a bunch of guys who are using their own fantasies as an excuse to make them handle the girls differently.

What'll probably happen next now is that they'll tone down the bruising on the girls as well but keep it full force for the men including Eliot, so ridiculous xD

jellypvdding

It shouldn't though. The game is going to be great, I don't care what maneuvers they do for publicity until it's released. I'm probably going to turn off the BB cam all together if it's an option, not because I'm against it, but because it'll get annoying eventually and I'd much rather not have it slowing down fights. TN has been doing the most okayish job of marketing this game. Lmao they're either great or terrible at it but so far they seem to be getting the job done.

The only people left screaming at them now are the people who are actually trying to take DOA6 as a political statement (And weren't going to really play the game anyway), and Momiji/Rachel fans (My sincerest good vibes go out to y'all. Your girls'll be back I'm sure.). So as far as subverting the outrage crowds that were lining up to knock DOA6 down I think TN is doing a bangup job. Plus who knows, the level of violence in the BBs could be a slider like jiggle physics, blood, dirt, and sweat.

come through with the diplomatic realness honey. you're calming the people down by serving them that well-structed logic with a sprinke of shade thrown at TN's deparment of public relations & advertising. oh yes. :) really hope you're right about it being a slider situation, newwestfam. that way the intensity of pain can be left to the player's personal preference and not some tired gender double standard.

(oh and trust we're keeping that hope alive for wilma and betty to be in 6. believe that cos i will lol at TN if they pass up an oppurtunity to make some more coins off of ryu's queen squad. a solid L-TF-OL) ;)

loll it looks like he’s tugging her hair and she’s like “ugh brad stop itt!!”

rip break blows 2018-2018
nah, brad's just checking if it's a weave... from what y'all have been saying about the hair texture in doa, these girls are out here claiming that their hair is real when it's looking real fake. :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD