DOA6 Graphics Thread

Xhominid The Demon Within

TBF, the default costumes aren't as atrocious in quality as the custom-character DLC parts are, similar to the way that DOA5 had some DLC costumes that stacked up horribly with the base launch content.

But that said, Bandai somehow pumped out shit that fell short of even my abysmal expectations for them. It hurts!

That's true, but the issue is that SCVI already had quite a few assests(including the character models) feel more they was plucked straight out of SCIV-SCV.
I mean they did say that SCVI was the last chance but you think Namco Bandai would atleast give them SOMETHING to work with?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
AN ACTUAL BULGE, IN A VIDEOGAME?????

Where’s the people who says devs don’t bother on making bulges because “genitalia is a big no no cuz it’d make the game’s rating go up”?

Ohh that bulge looking thick and juicy though View attachment 27648

Anyway, that spiderman game looks absolutely amazing, I wish TN had the funds and the good staff to actually make something look so good. Still, it looks better than anything bamco produces so you don’t hear me complain.

NiCO looks amazing in the thumbnail! Love the colour of that jacket and the hairstyle.

Not the only well developed parts:

30760197777_bd98b6f159_o.png

44976125634_0affb2a03a_o.png

It has also less to do with just the budget than also with the ability of the artist and the care of the artist working on the suit. The suits are generally of high quality, but certain artists just put more care in them and they seem more interested than others in making a model attractive. As I mentioned before, the artist I spoke with was willing to make that body model look sexy.
The DOA6 artists clearly have no interest in that, that's why the male models are messed up, not just because of the small budget. There are many low budget games that look amazing. We shouldn't just repeat the same lame excuses certain fans repeat over and over again to make them feel better about a game.

I worked for the last one and a half months on designing and then illustrating several costume sets for an online game (not going to name the game and I can't show the designs as they are under NDA as long as they aren't officially unveiled/released). I created the sets all alone and I had to rush for the last two weeks. I still did the best work I was able to do, no compromises. In some cases I even redrew already finished parts of the costumes when my editor and I thought the parts didn't turn out perfect. Our budget and I also expect my pay are significantly below that of a big studio like Team Ninja and their artists, belonging to one of the biggest game companies of Japan. Koei Tecmo is bigger than for example Capcom in market value.

I honestly can't hear the low budget excuse anymore, and that we should be fine with whatever we get, when the price of the game won't be budget at all, but full price or even more, depending on what edition you get. The Digital Deluxe Edition will cost me a staggering 86€.
Give me those low quality models, and I also won't complain about the poor stage design and count, if the game will also cost me a budget price of like 30€.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
That's true, but the issue is that SCVI already had quite a few assests(including the character models) feel more they was plucked straight out of SCIV-SCV.
I mean they did say that SCVI was the last chance but you think Namco Bandai would atleast give them SOMETHING to work with?
That's actually similar issue to DOA6 in many respects.

Luckily, Team Ninja has never made a game that looked as bad as the ones Bandai is recycling assets from, so it's not quite as heinous.

Leifang

AN ACTUAL BULGE, IN A VIDEOGAME?????

Where’s the people who says devs don’t bother on making bulges because “genitalia is a big no no cuz it’d make the game’s rating go up”?
Yeah I brought up bulge a few months ago and half of the community thought I was asking for too much. Those Spider-Man pictures is a perfect example how natural and good it looks with it. I never understood the fear of having them.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah I brought up bulge a few months ago and half of the community thought I was asking for too much. Those Spider-Man pictures is a perfect example how natural and good it looks with it. I never understood the fear of having them.

There's no fear of having them at all, you'll see them randomly in games and certain costumes in games, it's just that many developers/artists simpy don't care. There's no other hidden reason.

Leifang

There's no fear of having them at all, you'll see them randomly in games and certain costumes in games, it's just that many developers/artists simpy don't care. There's no other hidden reason.
There’s no need to make excuses for them. Also I’m not talking about other games, just Dead or alive.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
There’s no need to make excuses for them.

Edit:
Who is that half of the community? I've never seen anyone being against adding some natural bulge to an unrealistic video game Ken doll.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
His point, I think, was that forum members here were allegedly reluctant to endorse more pronounced "bulges" in DOA, not that there's a widespread rejection of them across the gaming industry at large (such as your post would be addressing via other games).

His point, I think, was that forum members here were allegedly reluctant to endorse more pronounced "bulges" in DOA, not that there's a widespread rejection of them across the gaming industry at large (such as your post would be addressing via other games).

My issue is never "I don't ever want bulges" like some people believe. My reason is pretty similar to what you are talking about when people want bouncing bulges...

As if we see bouncing vaginas in DOA(As it should be obvious, my main issue is when people believing bouncing tits = bouncing dicks as an equalizer when Breasts, male or female, is a secondary characteristic and people might as well ask for jiggle physics for men's muscles and pecs as if they want to have bouncing penises, you might as well add in bouncing vaginas and just say fuck it to any real primary or secondary sexual characteristics.)

Tyaren

Standard Donor

I was also talking about DOA. In DOA there are once in a while costumes in which male characters have an indicated bulge. There's for example Bass' one wrestling costume.

231124-full.jpeg

That was long before the Valentines DLC, when everyone acted as if bulges were completly unseen before. There being bulges or not depends most of all on the artists making the character model, and many simply don't care for that realism or for titillation (if one thinks it is). There's no fear of them or a wider policy against them, it's just desinterest.

I also honestly didn't once see someone, when the topic of flat Ken doll-like male bodies in video games come up, being against adding some natural bulge. I also don't remember this being the case here. What I see is many people rejecting the idea to give the male characters big bouncing bulges similar to the female characters' chests. Male primary sex characteristics bouncing is not the fitting equivalent to female secondary sex characteristics bouncing, that would be bouncing male chests.

Last edited:

That's actually similar issue to DOA6 in many respects.

Luckily, Team Ninja has never made a game that looked as bad as the ones Bandai is recycling assets from, so it's not quite as heinous.

But that is the key, they atleast clean up their sprites and are more easily capable of converting them to the new engine without much issues. By comparison... yeah, Soul Calibur, SF and Tekken are having some real issues with their character models even though they are basically the cornerstones of their companies by comparison of Koei Tecmo and DOA.

Leifang

Edit:
Who is that half of the community? I've never seen anyone being against adding some natural bulge to an unrealistic video game Ken doll.
It happened on one of these threads a few months ago and on Twitter. Some people were saying it was too much. Also they would say, play street Fighter, Tekken if I want to see men. The back and forth argument gotten so bad the head person here told us to stop. I forgot their user name.

Shining_Wave

Wasn't T. Itagaki famous for his high expectations from his Team Ninja artists? Not to mention game designers and employees? His games always looked and played better than the competition.

He even demanded his games were only available to the most powerful game console. Or was that just bs.

Sotherius

Lower specs PC perharps? Or they just downgraded the console version because of complaints about framerate going into break blows.

Xion

Lower specs PC perharps? Or they just downgraded the console version because of complaints about framerate going into break blows.

Its the Ps4 version...but the stream is the problem.
I wonder if the UI will be 4K for the PC and X.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD