DOA6 Graphics Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think graphic mode should be the default mode on PS4 Pro. There are very few FPS drops and only in cinematic moments like supers and cinematic danger zones. That also happens in regular PS4 version.

Graphic mode should be 2k.

I'm just talking to John, who made the Digital Foundry video, over on Resetera and he even has the suspicion that the game is not PS4 Pro enhanced at all. If there's dynamic res enabled it would automatically display the game in higher resolution on PS4 Pro performance mode, and it would make sense that PS4 Pro's graphics mode is just PS4's graphics mode only in stable 60fps.

I had a suspicion too that the game was actually not enhanced at all, and I mentioned it in here before. Shame on Team Ninja if that is actually true.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Xbox runs at 720p and at dynamic 900p in graphics mode with FPS drops.

Xbox X runs at 1080p and in graphics mode is native 4K with drops in FPS.

PS4 version runs at 900p and at 1080p in graphics mode with drops in FPS.

Graphic mode for PS4 Pro is 1080p but they think it slightly improves AA and shading.

Cinematic scenes for story mode are low resolution (maybe 900p?).

They like how models and costumes improved but they're not perfect. They don't like how material works (you know, how lightning reflects so badly in materials) in comparison with other games like SoulCalibur VI.

I didn't finished watching the video but for now (first 10 mins) this is the summary.
Damn. It's THAT bad on Xbox One S? Glad I'm on PC l0l

rednationow

man Honoka was my fav character...but Nico just won me over :p my new fav! graphically this game is fantastic compared to the other fighting games! took these today, cant wait till the game gets more costumes:confused: after 5 feel kinda spoiled having so many to choose from

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.13 - 18.56.07.22 (2).jpg
Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.13 - 19.06.42.81.jpg
Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.13 - 19.20.09.18.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They might have messed up Nyotengu's facial expressions in her intro/outro and story cutscenes, but during combat she is still expressive and her usual tantalizing self. I wonder how that disparity happened. Here are some photos of the most photogenic 1000 year old granny:

47375902991_0bc379345d_o.png

47375902371_0ea83024d4_o.png

46460820855_811427622c_o.png

47375903561_5a438aef31_o.png

46460820555_005b78fc22_o.png

Is anyone else disappointed her second default from DOA5LR is missing? :( The flowy, silky sleeves looked so pretty...

latest

...it made the costume feel a bit more traditional Japanese and made her costume a bit more distinct from...

latest

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
All of those tightsuits are trash so no, I don't miss it.

You're telling me. Other than the defaults Nyo-Tengu's outfits can be summarized in a few words: wedgies, dangling chop sticks and cotton balls. I liked Nyo-Tengu better when proper respect was being paid to Bankotsubo instead of half assed inspirations.

Want to simplify Nyo-Tengu by selecting the wrestling gear? Too bad Digital Deluxe owners got wrestling gear for half the characters but hers was IMO taken out of the DD to be pinned as a season pass purchase incentive. So all of the other characters got something but her. EVEN Raidou got something.

immi

(Digital Foundry Video)
I hate it when they use these super high-end systems to represent PC gaming.
This is not what the average gamer has under his desk. Testing this on a more average PC system would have given much more useful insight how the PC build compares to the console builds.
Most performance problems can be overcome on PC if you throw enough GPU/CPU power (== money) at it. Well duh, that's really not a relevation.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Speaking of Nyotengu, I wondered before game release if they would update her polygon model just as they did with the other main roster characters. Here's a couple of comparisons that show that they did indeed improve her model:

Chin and tip of her nose are now completely round:

46647965414_a2c0fe835b_o.png

Her "dangling cotton balls" received a downgrade though. They appeared higher resolution and softer in DOA5.

The weird buns on her head are now round instead of angular:

33495017548_bd0e5ec3ae_o.png

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I hate it when they use these super high-end systems to represent PC gaming.
This is not what the average gamer has under his desk. Testing this on a more average PC system would have given much more useful insight how the PC build compares to the console builds.
Most performance problems can be overcome on the PC if you throw enough GPU/CPU power (== money) at it. Well duh, that's really not a relevation.
My PC is far from super high-end. It cost me about 1.1K to build myself two years ago and it's just an i7 and a 1060 6GB GTX and I can run the game maxed out with no lag and it's amazing and I prefer it over console but without lobbies it's pointless.

NightAntilli

I can also run the game at max settings no problem. I was actually worried about this, but I obviously don't have to be.

I wish they would add something to automatically lower graphics to keep above 60fps though. There are some players online on PC that obviously have the setting higher than their PC can handle and makes the game lag in a weird way.

uwu

You have them already?? Which ones did Kasumi and Phase and Eliot get back?
Kasumi got “we settle this” and her win quite was “you will never defeat me”(the poses are different as well) I’m not sure about Eliot and phase bc every time I played them it only did their doa6 poses:/

also it showed their wedding costumes ingame along with new doa quests
Edit: when you recieve costume pieces it actually goes to the character used!! PERIODTTT

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The old intros are gorgeous but I was hoping for new ones..

The update is already out in some parts of the world? Here in Europe it isn't, just checked.

I did fully expect the old intros and outros returning. Weirdly, I not even mad. I liked many of the old ones and, to be honest, I'd be afraid they'd mess up new ones with their often less polished/lower quality work on DOA6 than on DOA5.

Last edited:
Reactions: uwu
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD