Hayate in DOA5U

What are some good follow up with Hayate's Teleport? Because as soon as I get beind the opponent, they always seem to have the advantage hitting me first.

TakedaZX

What are some good follow up with Hayate's Teleport? Because as soon as I get beind the opponent, they always seem to have the advantage hitting me first.
Because they do.

If you're having that problem, it means you're using the teleport wrong. It should be a mix-up to keep you from getting hit during a charge. Chances are, the counter blow you're avoiding is a simple jab or quick mid. They'll recover fast enough generally for the opponent to turn around and block or back dash away further lowering the chance of following up. You're also in crouching status during the teleport. If you are touched during the recovery, it will be counted as a crouching stun.

If you want guaranteed follow ups, you need to catch someone doing a move with much recovery (a wake up kick, powerblow from range, charged attacks, and other slow moves).

After that, 3K is pretty deep but can be held out of now later in the stun if they slow escape on fast. 7P gives an unshakeable and unholdable stun where you can tag on 3PP, 7P to finish for a guaranteed critical burst.

I haven't explored much beyond this but I will.

TakedaZX

New wall combo tech.

:2::1::4::P:(W!):P::P: :~: :3::3::K::K: 79 damage on NH. Not very much but its a follow up to be mentioned. Alternative is 214ppp, 7k for 4 points less damage.

44K/6P4/66P4 have continued to lose me matches since now I can bluff with a 6p or 66p at range into a back dash with out free cancelling. He should probably have this move stripped in my opinion...

Also, not sure if I posted this but 46H, 6P4K, 7K - 71 Damage. Not the best, but its new. You lose it on slopes though.

Tenryuga

Care to elaborate?

I was joking mostly. It's more along the lines of 6-4 Hayate because Hayate has the ability to completely negate Ein's spacing because of his gap closers like 66P, 3H+K, 214P. Hayate is also stronger than Ein in close range and possesses 8P+K. Ein only has tracking in the form of 4P, throws, H+K, and 2H+K. If Ein is applying string based pressure Hayate can easily SS out of it and gain good guaranteed damage off of SSP and get a good start to the stun game from 8P+KP. Ein only wins in the damage department in this one but IMO Ein will have a hard time in any matchup where he cannot control the screen or when he has a speed disadvantage. The former hurts him more than the latter and Hayate unfortunately is able to cause both problems for Ein. I've talked to a few people that believe it may be 7-3 though so who knows? We'll just have to see as time goes on.

TakedaZX

To go deeper on the close ranged fighting aspect, Hayate isn't even a mix-up character yet he holds some of the best mid to low situations with multiple ways into his sweep. It was one thing when neither character had to worry about things like slow escape (since most players just spammed holds) and being figured out on typical launchers because of the vast variety of possibilities in their movesets.

His is why I think Ein deserves a few new moves like 6PP (Hayate's 9PP but ends in a 236P pose on full charge), 6K2K (Linear mid to low string, second kick is a stomp, 3K2K (3K to a sweep kick, very useful for SS lockdown). That fixes his lack of mix-up problem and at least puts him closer to Hayate. There's no reason for Ein to still be rocking these slow mids in a system that has far advanced DOA2/3/4.

66PK and all other versions should track. 6K2K wouldn't need to. 3K2K would be a good primary ranged mid to low deal and 6PP would give him a good tool (that he should've had in the first place) while giving Hayate room for a new move. Which is why I even brought up these Ein ideas...

Anyway, I altered my list for the 6th 7th time. I drop it here again with the statement: Hayate is pretty solid. I'm not sure if I'd trust him to compete with but somethings work out better than before now. He's definitely worth a shot.

http://takedazxdoa.blogspot.com/2013/08/hayate-got-buffed.html

Also, 3P now stuns crouching opponents which makes him SO much better in that category.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Apparently the Japanese already think Hayate is Super Surefire top tier in this game. I guess we know why the dude stays taking unnecessary hits to his arsenal now.

HoodsXx

Just thought I'd bring this up here. But off of Hayate's :4::K::K: bound, as we know he'd get :7::K: as well as :8::P::K: off of it. I found something new, which is this :h::3::P: :7::K:. The damage is 61 on NH, so it's not that much of a difference compared to :8::P::K:, but it still works well. To do this, you'll want to hold :3: so that you can get his :h::3::P: out without having to try and time :h: to turn around. :) Oh, another thing to add, sadly this doesn't work on lights :/. And only on Alpha, but it's easier to do than :h::3::P::P: :3::3::K::K: off of :P+K: bound. But anyways, on Alpha only you can do :h::3::P: :6::6::K::K::K: and it'll net you 62 damage as well. Hopefully you Hayate mains will find more stuff, good luck! :)

NanhouDrops~

Nereus

Standard Donor
Just thought I'd bring this up here. But off of Hayate's :4::K::K: bound, as we know he'd get :7::K: as well as :8::P::K: off of it. I found something new, which is this :h::3::P: :7::K:. The damage is 61 on NH, so it's not that much of a difference compared to :8::P::K:, but it still works well. To do this, you'll want to hold :3: so that you can get his :h::3::P: out without having to try and time :h: to turn around. :) Oh, another thing to add, sadly this doesn't work on lights :/. And only on Alpha, but it's easier to do than :h::3::P::P: :3::3::K::K: off of :P+K: bound. But anyways, on Alpha only you can do :h::3::P: :6::6::K::K::K: and it'll net you 62 damage as well. Hopefully you Hayate mains will find more stuff, good luck! :)

NanhouDrops~

:h: :3: :P: :7: :K: ?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
How do you do all of Hayate's teleporations?
What are all the inputs?

These are the ones i can remember on the top of my head
:6::6: :P+K: :6_:

:P::P::P: Hold :P: :6_:

:P::P::6::P::6_: I think or its :P::P::6_:

I like using :6::P+K::6_: a lot, if you time it right when an opponent wake up kicks you can get an easy punish

Last edited:

GodlyHades

These are the ones i can remember on the top of my head
:6::6: :P+K: :6_:

:P::P::P: Hold :P: :6_:

:P::P::6::P::6_: I think or its :P::P::6_:

I like using :6::P+K::6_: a lot, if you time it right when an opponent wake up kicks you can get an easy punish
there we go. kk thanks bro. Been meaning to practice how to do these

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD