I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
The only time you finish a combo with Kasumi is if the opponent is in the air. Looks like it's not different for P-4. I assume she has the same overall strengths and weaknesses as Kasumi. High speed, but stupidly unsafe. So far she looks as hard to play as Kasumi.

Nightpup

P4's mid punch hold is actually Kasumi's old back-to-the-ledge grab. P4's teleport intro is actually the exact same animation used in this cutscene at 45 seconds:
Also that damage she got from :236::H+P: is hilarious for such a simple combo. :8::K:, :8::K:, :8::K:, :P::K::K::K: even without the electric damage looked like more damage that :3::3::H+P:.

Last edited:

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Also that damage she got from :236::H+P: is hilarious for such a simple combo. :8::K:, :8::K:, :8::K:, :P::K::K::K: even without the electric damage looked like more damage that :3::3::H+P:.

Honestly, Kasumi's :H+K: :P::P::K::K: combo does around the same damage, and is very easy as well.

Brute

Standard Donor
P4's mid punch hold is actually Kasumi's old back-to-the-ledge grab. P4's teleport intro is actually the exact same animation used in this cutscene at 45 seconds:
It's like the whole character is a collage of lazy copy-pastes.

synce

The only time you finish a combo with Kasumi is if the opponent is in the air. Looks like it's not different for P-4. I assume she has the same overall strengths and weaknesses as Kasumi. High speed, but stupidly unsafe. So far she looks as hard to play as Kasumi.

I don't know about Kasumi's latest frame data but based on the vanilla guide P4 is the most unsafe character in the game. With the exception of a few pokes, anything she does can be throw punished.

She needs to have a lot of guaranteed or high damage combos to make up for it, otherwise I don't know why they even bothered.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
I don't know about Kasumi's latest frame data but based on the vanilla guide P4 is the most unsafe character in the game. With the exception of a few pokes, anything she does can be throw punished.

She needs to have a lot of guaranteed or high damage combos to make up for it, otherwise I don't know why they even bothered.
People were saying that if she's not an improved Kasumi then she was a waste of TN's resources. That might be true from the frame data. So far she looks mid tier. Still can't wait for her, though.

Klts3

So I guess nobody's surprised that P4's taunts look like Kasumi's ones... well, they sound good so I hope she's saying something interesting. Also love 'sayonara' winpose, it's like 'Sorry bitch, I don't have time for you'.

synce

Okay I can confirm her damage output is definitely better than Kasumi's. All I'll say is I think the numbers are fair but she'll probably be turned to gutter trash before reaching consoles. Well at least there's Decapre if that happens ;p

synce

Haha doesn't seem anyone knows how to play her yet. Also watching Kasumi vs P4 felt too much like a mirror match, I wish they'd changed her voice. Make it a little deeper, add a reverb, anything at all..

BTW after some discussion I think TN is accepting P4 costume designs now, so maybe she's not too far off from a console release.

Number 13

I'm guessing the reason why they seem to suck with P4 (outside of new character factor) would be them trying too hard to play her like she is Kasumi. It's like when I run into another Ein player and he plays him as if he was Hitomi. It hinders the character effectiveness potential.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD