Characters Lolicopter - [Marie Rose Information & Discussion Thread]

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I usually try to go for a strong offense with Marie Rose, but I need to learn more of her tools. Right now, my play style with her is a bit predictable with her BnB setups.

Nuke-Nin

How do you all play Marie? I play her really defensively and mainly wait for whiff punishes.
Rush that bitch down! when you finish that combo and they on the floor Flower Wheel OH Grab dat ass (works 99% of the time only when they don't use a wake-up kick) I use pokes like 6P and then usually go for a HCH Throw or FWGrab because its so cute seeing her punch your face in like a monkey. when fighting girls like Kasumi or Marie Rose after CB I do :7::K: :5: BT:H+K: :5: BT:H+K: {BT:P::P::6::P::K:/BT:K::K::K:}

Klts3

When you finish that combo and they on the floor Flower Wheel OH Grab dat ass (works 99% of the time only when they don't use a wake-up kick)
Man, do this 2 times and they will start delaying wake-ups. It's better to see which wake-up kick they prefer and catch them with expert hold.

Last edited:

Yoyo

Marie gets a +14 guaranteed force tech off her low punch advanced counter just putting this here o3o if you do her 2:H+K: right after they land.

Last edited:

tekkin88

Seems like it's true. I'm using a two controller setup and I can't tech when I land which is REALLY weird.

Edit: Further testing shows that you can't tech her mid kick expert hold either... but the ft timing is janky on it.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Rush that bitch down! when you finish that combo and they on the floor Flower Wheel OH Grab dat ass (works 99% of the time only when they don't use a wake-up kick) I use pokes like 6P and then usually go for a HCH Throw or FWGrab because its so cute seeing her punch your face in like a monkey. when fighting girls like Kasumi or Marie Rose after CB I do :7::K: :5: BT:H+K: :5: BT:H+K: {BT:P::P::6::P::K:/BT:K::K::K:}

Rose's OH from her 3P+K is slow and VERY seeable. If this is landing on opponents a lot, either they are extremely slow on reaction or they don't pay attention to detail at all. It'll catch people but not players who can see what you're doing ahead of time. And when it comes to set ups involving her 3P+K roll, smart players will fuzzy the mid and low and avoid the OH altogether. Be aware not everyone will fall for this gimmick.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Yeah, I got caught a bunch of times in locals so I went in hard on training mode and it's pretty free to avoid with some practice. Now, her normal OH... That I can't deal with. Don't know why Leifang has that hella loud yell but Rose is all quiet.

Vigoorian King

What happened to this thread? There was a time when we were going crazy here, and now... Also what's going on with Maries online? On XBL there's like not even single one, I feel so lonely!

KidArk

There's a a handful of good ones on psn if you have a ps3 to play on. I personally dropped her and picked up Zack xP.

Dark_Ky

whats the best way to deal with her minuet: 2/8 P+K? this shit is beyond annoying/broken.
why does it avoid everything? why do my moves not retrack when it whiffes?

to be more character specific i use ayane, christie, lisa. what can i do with them against it?

do i really have to bait it out and react to her followups or can i stuff it before the moves becomes active?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD