Characters Lolicopter - [Marie Rose Information & Discussion Thread]

FatalxInnocence

I was reading some of the first posts and I have to say I just see misa-misa all over her lol...

That makes sense. Blonde, and of gothic lolita fashion, twin tails... seems kinda bitchy but at the same time not. It makes sense. Misa I guess was technically a servant of Light ;P

All I see when I look at her is Rachel Alucard though! My favourite BlazBlue character!

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Ummm, I'm going to assume so. Since in the intro for the JPN one she does who whole "Chiisai kara" thing. If English Marie says "Bigger isn't always better you know" then yes it is. Though, the translating is kinda odd. Chiisai is a reference to things small yet she's saying "Bigger isn't always better you know" I don't think that's what she's saying in Japanese.... Oh well! translations always come out weird in JPN to ENG games.
In japanese she's saying "don't make fun of me because I'm small" something along those lines..
I was reading some of the first posts and I have to say I just see misa-misa all over her lol...
there are sooo many characters that are more similar to Marie Rose than Misa-Misa i wouldn't consider her Lolita or Loli.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
The cheerleader is my favorite of the new ones simply because of the pom-poms ^o^
tumblr_n1xlnv12xm1tuijo3o1_250.gif
tumblr_n1xlnv12xm1tuijo3o3_250.gif

ninjaguy446

I'll definitely be using her C1 for Amy and her school uniform for the leg garter. Marie looks like she's going to be a great character. It's nice to finally have a concrete date to look forward to. Gonna try to make her as good as my Helena.

or worst become the best alpha kasumi phase 4 player in the world by the stars i hope that doesnt happen not like i have porblem with it if i beat the best in world i would hella shit.....maybe lol

Brute

Standard Donor
Looking at her frame data again, it looks like almost every move she has is safe or semi-safe, but save a power blow charge, she doesn't have any moves that are + or neutral on block. Interesting.

TRI Mike

Being positive on block means shit most times in this game anyway. I learned that when my + moves with Tina made her lose most trades. Still, having safe and + moves is better than the so-loved -20 strings from DOA4.

Brute

Standard Donor
Being positive on block means shit most times in this game anyway. I learned that when my + moves with Tina made her lose most trades. Still, having safe and + moves is better than the so-loved -20 strings from DOA4.
With her plethora of evasive stance options and mix-ups (not to mention a 12 frame mid), +on block would be very useful for her.

And I can safely say that having a ton of unsafe crap is horrible *cough* Ryu *cough*

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
And I can safely say that having a ton of unsafe crap is horrible *cough* Ryu *cough*

At least he doesn't have a -52 GB.

We'll see what happens with Marie though. I'm interesting in what developments await us.

Last edited:
My advice is for everyone who like good characters to use Rose before they inevitably nerf her.
ill play with her and yes that did come out wrong and if you caught what i meant than nothing more needs to said anyway she seem like but so does kasumi alpha this month is gonna be fun

FatalxInnocence

Time for theory fighter ( cause I'm bored and excited! )

Most of her useful stuff is throw punishable, but I guess that's pretty normal right? Basically anything that ends in that high punch (9P) is safe on block. All her 1P strings are safe, so that includes 1PP+K & 1PP. (1P itself however is -10 so just be sure to follow it with something to avoid being throw punished.)

No positive frames, but like Brute said she has stance cancels. Sadly not much variety in her stance cancels, so I guess if you're VSing an opponent with a fast reaction her stance cancels could be useless in a offensive aspect.

This is why I think she's very much a defensive character. Lack of useful mix ups, but fierce defensive options. Once the opponent is in stun, I imagine that's where she would shine.

her SS stance isn't looking as great as everyone was assuming though. She has 1 extremely slow move from it, so you're better off SS stance into her BT throw or BT 4K4 or 4KK/4K2K. She can be thrown out of the stance, and any hit leads to a normal stun and doesn't in-fact put her off the ground. (like someone assumed earlier in her arcade release.)

I got a fair amount of ideas I'd like to try with her... just gotta be patient now.... *sigh* only 19 days to go! (Australian Time.)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD