Mortal Kombat thread.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
nkXnxra.jpg

I love the lighting, detail and overall art of the backgrounds of this game. O:
I wished it wasn't quite as brutal or maybe there was a switch to turn off the most gruesome stuff, like poking eyes out, ripping people in two or redecorating the stage with their bowels. :/

Jadeinchains

I love the lighting, detail and overall art of the backgrounds of this game. O:
I wished it wasn't quite as brutal or maybe there was a switch to turn off the most gruesome stuff, like poking eyes out, ripping people in two or redecorating the stage with their bowels. :/

Yeah the game is looking gorgeous so far, And now the best character is in too. ;) What I've seen of the stages so far I'm loving how detailed they are and we've only seen 10 out of the 21 stages that are mean't to be in the final game so there's still plenty more to see. MK has always had amazing stages so new or returning I'm excited to see what the rest will be.

As for turning off the gore, I don't think there is/will be since it's such a big part of MK, You could just be super merciful If you got it and not do fatalities. :p

Tyaren

Standard Donor
As for turning off the gore, I don't think there is/will be since it's such a big part of MK, You could just be super merciful If you got it and not do fatalities. :p

Can I play the game without doing fatalities? Does the computer still do them if it wins?

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Can I play the game without doing fatalities? Does the computer still do them if it wins?
They simply fall to the floor if you wish to spare them a gruesome death, however you cannot control wether people fatality you!
My first MK was Armageddon and it gave me night terrors :oops: my dad had to take it back to blockbuster... looking back that was probably my favourite MK despite the unanimous distaste. Character create was everything :D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They simply fall to the floor if you wish to spare them a gruesome death, however you cannot control wether people fatality you!

I'd mostly play the single player modes, not against other players. Does the computer in story, arcade or versus CPU use fatalities against me?

I've no problems with blood spilling during fights or some brutal moves, it's just the fatalities that are too much. Apparently they are more brutal than ever in this game.

Jadeinchains

@Tyaren Using MKX as an example i don't remember a single fatality happening in it, Of course there's a few moments of gore but it's few and far between. Canonically the hero Earthrealm characters almost never actually do fatalities in the stories. So if you solely played single player and you didn't use fatalities you may never see them. ( I will be using them though. ;) )

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Character roster of MK11:
  • Jacqui Briggs
  • Cetrion
  • Kano
  • Geras
  • Frost
  • D’Vorah
  • Baraka
  • Cassie Cage
  • Kung Lao