Mortal Kombat thread.

True DOA game? This might come as a surprise to you but almost everyone on this site hated the players that was acting like you.
Right (I’m thinking I can post this).
I didn’t know that it was a leftist forum.
I assumed that because left wing news outlets are trying to destroy DOA, and got DOAX “banned” in the West, that people would agree with me on this issue.
On a side note, do you know of a DOA forum where I will fit in better? Much help would be appreciated.

Ninoasker

I assumed that because left wing news outlets are trying to destroy DOA, and got DOAX “banned” in the West, that people would agree with me on this issue.
On a side note, do you know of a DOA forum where I will fit in better? Much help would be appreciated.
Imagine thinking being part of the left is bad or that just because players care about the GAMEPLAY rather than the tits physics in a FIGHTING game we all part of the left now... wow

Like I said, y'all paranoid...

Brute

Standard Donor
Reddit, perhaps?

It's worth noting that while in general users tend to be more left-leaning here than right-leaning, the userbase and atmosphere here isn't dominated by left-leaning views. FSD was created as a website for competitive players (tourney players and the such), and so while many players here are strictly casuals and are welcome, the general attitude towards DOA6 here is primarily looking at the gameplay. So a lot of users here are just tired of sexualization discussions when their primary focus is on the gameplay sans political commentary.

Ahegao Chan

You should probably go to the DOA reddit page or Oneangrygamer. And btw calling this a leftist forum shows that your the only one trying to make this whole argument look political which only make yourself look dumb.

No offense, but are you a leftist? Lol
Joking. Don’t have to say. There are millions of leftists in the U.S.A. alone, it’s not a unicorn. But I don’t really care about politics outside gaming.

But I can’t wrap my head around a DOA forum with an anti-fanservice position.

Anyway, I will be looking for a more perfect fit for me. Let me know if you have.

Ahegao- no offense, but if you’re not a leftist, you’re a very unique individual. As you are sending out the signals of such (anti-fanservice).

If you read Polygon, Kotaku, or Mary Sue, those are leftist publications. A leftist isn’t a rare myth. Half the USA voted for a leftist for president lol.

But I don’t know your views.
I just assumed anti-fanservice = Leftist, since that’s how it is in other venues.

Ninoasker

Joking. Don’t have to say. There are millions of leftists in the U.S.A. alone, it’s not a unicorn. But I don’t really care about politics outside gaming.

Anyway, I will be looking for a more perfect fit for me. Let me know if you have
You clearly didn’t read my past posts at all. I literally said a lot of us here LIKE the fanservice, included myself. We are NOT against fanservice. What we dislike is people who trashtalk games for not showing female characters in tiny ass bikinis 24/7. Liking fanservice is great, what is not great is saying a game sucks because characters are not wearing stripper-tier attires for the entirety of the game.

You clearly didn’t read my past posts at all. I literally said a lot of us here LIKE the fanservice, included myself. We are NOT against fanservice. What we dislike is people who trashtalk games for not showing female characters in tiny ass bikinis 24/7. Liking fanservice is great, what is not great is saying a game sucks because characters are not wearing stripper-tier attires for the entirety of the game.

Right. But I never said I wanted “stripper tier attires the entirety of the game.” Nor did I say I wanted bikinis 24/7.
I thought I made that clear in one of my earlier posts.

One sexy outfit for Jade, Kitana, and Mileena.
Sexy meaning MK3. Or MKX mournful Kitana. I’d prefer MK9 but it’s not necessary.
But what if i did need MK9? Is that a crime? lol. I think MK9 is the greatest fighting game of all time, myself.

Also, how can you say you like fanservice and then get angry someone says they want it in order to purchase a game? I probably don’t like it all that much more than you do. Would you purchase DOA with no fanservice? I certainly would not. I would have never been interested.
I’ve been an MK fan for 25 years, and never encountered such lol.
I remember back when I testified at the state capital begging them not pass a law not letting us play MK on an arcade. The game was undone from a totally different angle.
Now how would I look, having paid the cost for MK against censorship, to be fine with censoring the sexuality out of it.

At the same time, It’s just a game.
Though more and more games will lose fanservice

Ahegao Chan

Anyway, I will be looking for a more perfect fit for me. Let me know if you have.

Ahegao- no offense, but if you’re not a leftist, you’re a very unique individual. As you are sending out the signals of such (anti-fanservice).

If you read Polygon, Kotaku, or Mary Sue, those are leftist publications. A leftist isn’t a rare myth. Half the USA voted for a leftist for president lol.

But I don’t know your views.
I just assumed anti-fanservice = Leftist, since that’s how it is in other venues.
I'm only 16 and I believe in choosing sides but I don't hate fanservice (I literally have a hentai photo as my profile pic.) I just hate people that think every female character in every game have to show their tits and ass in order to qualify as sexy or not ugly.

I like green eyes, but if someone demanded that a game have green eyes or they wouldn't purchase it, I'd find that a bit odd.

Does it play well?
Right it would be odd. But fanservice would be a more integral deal, right? Also would it lead to a pile on?
When I say, “I like white girls” black women have pounced on me less lol. And we are NOT allowed to prefer them in the black community.

I’m guessing DOAX causes all kinds of trouble here. Is it ok to talk about it? Lol I can’t get mine to work. Says it’s not available in my region.

Ahegao:
I not once said every female had to show their tits. Can you point to where I said that? At least ONE should though. Preferably more. But at least ONE!
It’s the fact that there’s NOT ONE sexy costume for females, yet the males are sexy af, that is at root of the issue.

Also, to “hate” someone for having a different opinion about fanservice is not typical, you have to admit.

Brute

Standard Donor
Right it would be odd. But fanservice would be a more integral deal, right? Also would it lead to a pile on?
Not really. I'd be more bothered if Hayabusa's eyes were brown than if there were no bikini costumes, but I'd buy the game either way, as long as the gameplay was solid, because the main reason I like DOA is its gameplay.
Is that a popular opinion? No. But I don't really give any credence to views merely because they're popular.

I’m guessing DOAX causes all kinds of trouble here. Is it ok to talk about it? Lol I can’t get mine to work. Says it’s not available in my region.
Best to keep DOAX conversations in the designated thread, here: https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/official-dead-or-alive-xtreme-thread.6696/

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Can I just point out that MK having to be both super sexy and super violent at the same time is imo an odd combination anyway. Seeing a scantily glad bombshell being gruesomely butchered is at least not my idea of fanservice.

Brute

Standard Donor
Can I just point out that MK having to be both super sexy and super violent at the same time is imo an odd combination anyway. Seeing a scantily glad bombshell being gruesomely butchered is at least not my idea of fanservice.
People have different ideas of what "services" them as fans. MK's original idea of fanservice absolutely involved that, so you can expect a section of its fanbase to like that.

People have different ideas of what "services" them as fans. MK's original idea of fanservice absolutely involved that, so you can expect a section of its fanbase to like that.

Exactly. We are talking about a tradition going back a quarter-century.

There are many who feel the way I do, which is again why I was surprised. But I’m most surprised by the context not being a big deal. You guys are aware that there’s a massive move to censor gaming, right?
Frickin Neptunia is the latest one censored.
Eventually, the fatalities will be changed. Yes it will destroy the franchise, but politics trumps profits for many designers (battlefield V), (anything by BioWare Lol.
To me, the heavy fanservice is a reflection of freedom. Of not having to bow before puritans and the sensitive, which sadly we do not have much of in our society.

It was one against many lol.
But all that really must be said by me, is I hope they are fine with losing a lot of fans. How many? I don’t know.
But I can’t support the new environment. Sexy men + covered up women = unequal. I’m sure it will sell though. Casuals alone will buy it in droves. The effect of carving the fandom in half will only start to show over time smh.
That’s my last post on the subject, regardless of who replies lol. I’ve said my peace.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It was one against many lol.
But all that really must be said by me, is I hope they are fine with losing a lot of fans. How many? I don’t know.
But I can’t support the new environment. Sexy men + covered up women = unequal. I’m sure it will sell though. Casuals alone will buy it in droves. The effect of carving the fandom in half will only start to show over time smh.
That’s my last post on the subject, regardless of who replies lol. I’ve said my peace.

Everybody here has been nice and polite to you, but you’re really pushing my buttons with your boner culture man child attitude. This has nothing to do with “politics” so I don’t know why your bitch ass is trying to make turn this into a political discussion.
this is a DOA Forum, we like fan service but we care more about the gameplay because that’s what fighting games Are about. That we have a MK sub forum and talk about MK doesn’t mean you have to come here and whine about the girls not showing enough skin. If you tried this on test your might your ass would’ve been banned already (which is most likely what happened). You should honestly be ashamed of yourself, you’re nearly pushing 40 and instead of worrying about your life/family, you’re here whining on a DOA forum about some fictional video female game characters not showing enough skin. How sad must you be to do stuff like this? I seriously want to see your parents react to your posts in this thread. Anyway, the discussion you so desperately try to keep pushing forward should come to an end now. Nobody here will side with your bullshit, so just cut it out, lol. All has been said, so you don’t have to repeat your bullshit arguments because nobody cares. Bitch about this to your peers and take @Awesmic with you. Now,
giphy.gif

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Ahhh. I see FSD has attracted another one of these Anti-SJWers. I guess this is kind of like the Forum version of syphilis. Temporarily treated but never cured.

You seem like a nice person. Why dont we drop this and move on before anyone gets riled up and makes Brute pull the trigger.

The effect of carving the fandom in half will only start to show over time smh.
Because this mindset has been in this forum trying to die on the fanservice hill since DOA6 was revealed. I would appreciate it if we didnt get the MK thread locked with this garbage so let's all cool it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD