Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jackie Chan Fan

We got a new trailer! It showed a bit of Misaki and Leifang, activities, events, the cake swimsuits, perhaps the Scarlet swimsuit, swimsuit malfunction and destruction. Perhaps the fans are on PS4 after all as the video didn't say "only on Switch"

There are also some details in the game's website about the PS4 version, some swimsuits not "wearing down". Fortune and Venus are not in Scarlet. Swimsuits added in Scarlet can be purchased for Fortune.

Last edited:

Yuffie

Cool they didn't censor out the pole dancing. I mean the game is bare bones.
It is interesting that you can also get the swimsuits for vanilla.

@Jackie Chan Fan where did you find out Venus or Fortune are not in game?
Never liked the way they looked in vanilla anyway.

Yuffie

Last edited:

Jackie Chan Fan

I don't fully understand what wear down mean too. But yes, it could be destructible or simply malfunction.

Bing Translation uses the words "crumble", "collapse", and "destruction". Google Translate uses "wear down", "drop", and "destroyed"

If I look at context, at least the DLC part, it could say some swimsuits are not destructible. Only Senran Kagura and Keijo. The rest are just malfunction.

I hate these differences. lol

Yuffie

Another thing is I wonder if the dlc from Fortune would work on Scarlet, or it could be the F/V set, SK and Keijo. Although I do remember Helena wearing gold Labyrinth in her trailer.

Yuffie

I still see zero reason to rebuy the game... *Sigh* this was their chance to make X3 better
Yea you can definitely say that. Not having Rachel or hell even Nico sucks.
This port was totally meant for Switch owners. If it sells, maybe we can see post dlc characters. Although I won't hold my breath on it

Jadeinchains

Oh cool, When I saw that there was a bunch of posts from this thread I thought the new character must have been shown but this is a pleasant surprise. :)

Cool to have finally actually saw more of the game and new suits, The scarlet suit ( I'm just guessing it must be ) looks really nice, Although again the fact that you can buy all the new suits ( Would that include the scarlet one? ) for Fortune again takes away incentive to buy scarlet and to instead just stick with Fortune and then just buy as dlc all the new content that Scarlet has, Especially since It seems they're both going to get the same dlc support? :/ Not sure but I'll wait for now since I plan on preordering two days before release anyway.
( I would like them to give a date of when this dlc for Fortune of scarlet's content will be available? Right at launch, or months later? )

Regardless though the trailer was awesome and continues to make me hyped for Scarlet's release, I wish it was out already. :p

I'm wondering though what their post launch plans are? Are they waiting to see if it's successful and then maybe planning a season pass or something? ( And again is Fortune getting the same support )

Edit: Okay cool I just checked out the official site and it says the Scarlet suit is exclusive so yeah from what it must be just for scarlet.
Edit 2: It also only mentions some of the swimsuits in Scarlet being brought to Fortune, The ones in Misaki and Leifang's collection based on what it says so I guess any other suits in Scarlet...won't come to Fortune?

Last edited:

Xerampelinae

The Scarlet suit is actually really beautiful, especially in it's non-destroyed state.

I actually foresee that IF this game sells enough and gets DLC support, the Fortune and Venus will be put in eventually as paid DLC. Just going to have to wait and see on the Switch sales to see if this game gets any support or any other DLC characters. My bet is that the first one made available would probably actually be Nagisa.

otnesse

The Scarlet suit is actually really beautiful, especially in it's non-destroyed state.

I actually foresee that IF this game sells enough and gets DLC support, the Fortune and Venus will be put in eventually as paid DLC. Just going to have to wait and see on the Switch sales to see if this game gets any support or any other DLC characters. My bet is that the first one made available would probably actually be Nagisa.

I'd personally hope for Luna or Fiona, to be honest (to say little about any of the other members of the cut six). Don't get me wrong, I actually think Nagisa's a pretty good character (certainly a whole lot better than those jerks from Love Hina in any case). I just think those two should be first since we at least can reasonably assume that Tamaki and Nagisa are Japanese just from both their names and that they're written in Hiragana, while with Luna and Fiona, we don't know their nationalities at all besides not being Japanese, or, heck, even the general geographic area in the case of Luna (thanks to DOAXVV not even adding in the girls' nationalities for some reason). And that's not even getting into how the cut six really deserve to be in the game after being stupidly cut out.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Luna comes from a cold and impoverished country. Well at least from Japan's POV.

My guess, is that Luna is Russian (the word exists as well in Russian). Plus, as NiCO was based on Luna (same gestures and occupation), I believe this could work.

Only thing I don't get are the feathers.

otnesse

Luna comes from a cold and impoverished country. Well at least from Japan's POV.

My guess, is that Luna is Russian (the word exists as well in Russian). Plus, as NiCO was based on Luna (same gestures and occupation), I believe this could work.

Well, that and her favorite food being yakiimo. Still, guess Russian could work, especially if Luna is also a Russian word. Too bad she never got an appearance in DOA6, or for that matter, have an English voice/localization in DOAXVV. Would have liked to hear her with a Russian accent. I mean, hey, if DOAX3 can localize Hitomi's dialogue to include some German terms, don't see any reason why they can't at the very least include some Russian terms for Luna.

Well, it's definitely a bit easier deducing Fiona's nationality at least, since her overall character obviously suggests she's European, and based on her occupation being a princess, that narrows it down to ten possible countries she hailed from, the only ten countries in Europe to still have a monarchy (Vatican City doesn't count).

Xerampelinae

Don't get me wrong, I think Fiona is the prettiest new girl by far, but I'm realistic. If they add DLC characters in the game, they are going to add the Japanese ones that have already been rendered first. Nagisa first because of her connection to Misaki and Japan just seems to really love her, then Tamaki second.

otnesse

Don't get me wrong, I think Fiona is the prettiest new girl by far, but I'm realistic. If they add DLC characters in the game, they are going to add the Japanese ones that have already been rendered first. Nagisa first because of her connection to Misaki and Japan just seems to really love her, then Tamaki second.

Okay, fine. Let's just hope that they unveil Fiona and Luna sooner rather than later so we can finally get official information on just what their nationalities are. And believe me, had DOAXVV just added in a nationality section to the girls' in-game bios, we wouldn't even have this problem. At least with Tamaki, Nagisa, and Misaki, they're pretty obviously Japanese without even needing to be stated as such, and as far as the nine girls from DOAX3 or, heck, even the cut girls, their nationalities are stated in prior games, so we don't even need to worry about that bit.

marussya

Luna from Belarus, because she likes to eat potatoes (joke)

otnesse

Luna from Belarus, because she likes to eat potatoes (joke)
BTW, that reminds me. Is Cat or Alive back or something? That's the second time I've seen Kokoro as a cat in a similar vein to Kasumi's cat form from that April Fool's Day crossover.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD