Official DOA6 Costume Thread

just_me

Standard Donor
If you want to be pedantic you could say that Kasumi only had 1 costume in 2 colors in the original DOA3 release, since she just has her blue outfit and white variant…

5 unique costumes per female (xcept NiCO) with 3 recolors/variations is pretty much the best the girls ever got in a Vanilla release. I guess the guys got kinda shafted, but we still have that Busa Xbox pre-order costume… I have a hard time believing that they won't simply recolor this in blue and 2 of [white, black, brown] and put it in the game, so maybe the guys will actually have 3 costumes on release. Obviously, male costumes are low priority, so they might just dump some last minute, or with the day 1 patch, or later as free DLC.

There is no real reason to sell male DLC costumes after all since nobody will buy them.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If you want to be pedantic you could say that Kasumi only had 1 costume in 2 colors in the original DOA3 release, since she just has her blue outfit and white variant…

5 unique costumes per female (xcept NiCO) with 3 recolors/variations is pretty much the best the girls ever got in a Vanilla release. I guess the guys got kinda shafted, but we still have that Busa Xbox pre-order costume… I have a hard time believing that they won't simply recolor this in blue and 2 of [white, black, brown] and put it in the game, so maybe the guys will actually have 3 costumes on release. Obviously, male costumes are low priority, so they might just dump some last minute, or with the day 1 patch, or later as free DLC.

There is no real reason to sell male DLC costumes after all since nobody will buy them.
I would xD and people would most likely buy them if they went back to the old set up of character DLC in late LR where they make a pack that includes everyone. If they make standalone packs for the males, they'll be less likely to sell tho unless they're revealing or include something for a girls or are a bundle pack

Leifang

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope they have more win poses. I keep seeing the same thing.
I hope they do too but tbh I think at this point besides hairstyles and maybe costumes, everything we see is pretty much it. I want them to at least make one other winquote against a mirror match since it was cringey as hell in the beta hearing "In the name of Mugen Tenshin!" twice in a row xD I don't see what's so hard with more quotes and intros since they could always use tag interactions, like Lisa and Hayate/Ein have one and there's alot of quotes they could use as well from it to make up the bulk of dialogue

Leifang

I hope TeamNinja brings back Leifang old hairstyle and costumes. I know most people don’t care much for them, but I do.
BC3063AF-0990-449B-8E6F-A321B74AE195.jpeg
A6A12031-5DDA-4A6B-8F56-63C0358E85CE.jpeg
0788E522-8A3B-44B7-BB9D-E1C5575676D1.jpeg

Dr PaC

Cool, a preview of the German version, but was it really necessary to call their preview "Jiggle Physics Simulator"... >__> Already shows their bad attitude towards the game.

The costume selection, just as the stage selection, seems to be very limited, even for female characters like Nico, and a new low for the series. I'm not really surprised though...

I guess Aerial Gardens in DOA6 was also a pipe dream? This seems to be the final/retail version they are previewing and no trace of it.
I literally threw a fit about this yesterday, but for a article on Eurogamer, lol

Ninoasker

At least DOA6 has extra costumes for its characters ... Poor SC6 characters still dont have second costumes lol (I am still waiting for them to give my boy sieg some cool alternate costume)
You think SC6 has it bad? Don't let me get started in KOFXIV lol!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
how bad was it (i know graphics were pretty bad) ? I have that game but I only played it like couple hours and i dont remember anything
KOFXIV barely had costumes for anyone, everyone had only one costume with recolors(they added a new one with the "graphical update") and they did release DLC costumes but it was very inconsistent and only given to Angel, Kula, Kyo, Iori, Geese, Meintenkun, that new emo type guy, Sylvie, Athena and Nakuru xD I'm pretty sure they planned to add DLC but they basically made a girls only KOF game and added whatever they planned to make DLC in that game for a quick cash grab

But no game had it worse than Fighting EX Layer, that game has no alternate costumes besides a shiny recolor but then again that game was a flop to begin with since it hardly gets played nowadays. SC6 isn't that bad since it at least has alot of incoming create a soul content of 100 items in the next DLC

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I was a huge SC Fan in the Past and than SC & came and its the first Game i was not buying :(

Same here, I was a big SC fan since SC2, I almost liked it as much as DOA. This SC I won't be ever buying. For one it looks ugly (poor resolution on consoles, awful background blur, 10 years old low polygon character models, bland and unimaginative stage design...), it also screams low budget cash grab with all the stuff they cut out or simply rereleased of SC4 and SC5. locking Tira away behind a paywall so early on, when she was in fact long finished.
It's so sad they carve more and more off the game to never return. The weapon exhibitions were so beautiful and so unique to the game. Cutting that out already a long time ago is so sad.
Remember when I predicted that they are going to cut the 2nd alternate costumes and they going to make it sound like that's so cool, because they want to engage players to create their own 2nd costumes in CAS mode, lol? To have the gall... One can easily see they don't care about that franchise at all, there's no love and dedication when making it, they only desperately want the player's money.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Same here, I was a big SC fan since SC2, I almost liked it as much as DOA. This SC I won't be ever buying. For one it looks ugly (poor resolution on consoles, awful background blur, 10 years old low polygon character models, bland and unimaginative stage design...), it also screams low budget cash grab with all the stuff they cut out or simply rereleased of SC4 and SC5. locking Tira away behind a paywall so early on, when she was in fact long finished.
It's so sad they carve more and more off the game to never return. The weapon exhibitions were so beautiful and so unique to the game. Cutting that out already a long time ago is so sad.
Remember when I predicted that they are going to cut the 2nd alternate costumes and they going to make it sound like that's so cool, because they want to engage players to create their own 2nd costumes in CAS mode, lol? To have the gall... One can easily see they don't care about that franchise at all, there's no love and dedication when making it, they only desperately want the player's money.

This. It's also the reason why I'm so hesistant on buying the game and why I feel that the DLC comparison from Tira to Nyotengu & Phase 4 that TvTropes made seemed like they didn't understand why people hated the Tira issue.

The biggest problem I've seen with Tira wasn't just the fact she was made DLC... it was the fact she was DISPLAYED AS FULLY FUNCTIONING WITHIN THAT SAME TRAILER! With Nyotengu and Phase 4, people was mad that they was DLC... but that was it. All we had of them was pictures of their drawn model at best until 2 months until the game comes out(which atleast fits the fact that they had to push them in with discretion to Koei Tecmo). It didn't help in the stupidity that was the Tira scandal when they released the demo, you can then fight Tira in Arcade Mode and even play as her, further making people wonder why was she ever DLC.

Both was definitely dumb moves, the issue was that in comparison, the Soul Calibur team really made it obvious how much this truly came off as a cash grab and people even in GameFAQs noted as such(the models coming straight out of SCIV, how off everything looks, the low amount of stages and especially the fact they removed the 2nd costumes for nonsensical reasons... only to then have ANOTHER person say otherwise... and of course, it wasn't).

As much as I can say DOA6 has it's own problems(and not the manufactured nonsense), SCVI honestly feels like a true cashgrab, plain and simple.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Not to turn this into a SC discussion, but SCVI IS a desperate attempt to keep the series alive. They screwed up big time by replacing 90% of the roster in SCV. SCVI is really boring after a while and the customisation options are rather scarce. For me the SC series went downhill after SCIII, if this is the last instalment for the series I feel bad for all of the SC fans because this game is trash.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD