Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Ninoasker

If you are forced to release at least 13 costumes every single month, there isn't much room to work hard on them. I mean, they have to do at least 13 fuc*ing costumes every single month. EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH.

Just look at how many months get past each time Dissidia NT receives more DLC costumes and how well done they are. Then just look at how many flaws DOA 6 models and costumes have:

Koei is not just milking their customers they are also milking Team Ninja designers deparment. As developer I just don't want to think the hell that must have been DOA 6 development.
every day i log into this forum i'm hoping to see some good news about 6 but all i end up looking at is something messier than the last day...... if kasumi's most iconic costume gets this treatment, just imagine what we may find out in future costumes once they start pumping them out every 2 weeks

Ninoasker

And you know why I stopped visiting this forum regularly...
I don’t tbh. I don’t see what’s wrong with people voicing the bad things the game does. I’d get it if they were trolls, but the fact that the rig in the costumes are this amateur-like to the point that they let the character’s skin exposed in ugly ass holes whenever they stretch their arms or legs is something to complain about imo.

SaihateDYNAMO

And you know why I stopped visiting this forum regularly...
This sounds like you're purposely shutting yourself off to how subpar of a game DOA6 actually is. If even this dedicated DOA forum is constantly complaining about this game's issues, then the game has issues. Periodt.

Even though i've been taking a break from fighters for a couple weeks, I still check this place out since, I mean, it's DOA lol. But, I'm not in denial that this game's visuals, single player content and optimization are below the usual DOA standard, and I'm glad that there's other people on here that feel the same way and aren't afraid to keep it real and show said issues to the world.

Xhominid The Demon Within

This sounds like you're purposely shutting yourself off to how subpar of a game DOA6 actually is. If even this dedicated DOA forum is constantly complaining about this game's issues, then the game has issues. Periodt.

Even though i've been taking a break from fighters for a couple weeks, I still check this place out since, I mean, it's DOA lol. But, I'm not in denial that this game's visuals, single player content and optimization are below the usual DOA standard, and I'm glad that there's other people on here that feel the same way and aren't afraid to keep it real and show said issues to the world.

No, I don't. And you won't tell me for some reason that you also won't tell me.

We don't get it. Help.

Because I'd rather not get all mixed up in the negativity and have it get me down. That doesn't mean I have issue with the criticism, but I feel like some people is beginning to take it further than that and I'd rather not deal with it.

There's a difference between the criticism, which I have taken part, and the negativity which can make people start trying to hate something they like but is critical of otherwise. That's why I've been taking breaks or haven't been as active.
I never shut myself off from the issues DOA6 has, not even once. It's like having someone constantly tell you how much something sucks and seeing everyone else say it sucks and you just want to remove yourself from that presence because it's virtually the same schtick. It's the same thing how you don't want to stick around when people continually kiss something's ass despite it's flaws over and over again.

That's my issue, simply put.

Brute

Standard Donor
Because I'd rather not get all mixed up in the negativity and have it get me down. That doesn't mean I have issue with the criticism, but I feel like some people is beginning to take it further than that and I'd rather not deal with it.

There's a difference between the criticism, which I have taken part, and the negativity which can make people start trying to hate something they like but is critical of otherwise. That's why I've been taking breaks or haven't been as active.
I never shut myself off from the issues DOA6 has, not even once. It's like having someone constantly tell you how much something sucks and seeing everyone else say it sucks and you just want to remove yourself from that presence because it's virtually the same schtick. It's the same thing how you don't want to stick around when people continually kiss something's ass despite it's flaws over and over again.

That's my issue, simply put.
Well, I can't speak for anyone but myself, but you earlier claimed to know me, and if that's true, then you know that I tend to be a pretty critical person. That's not the same as being "negative" as some people like to write it off as, but I take a lot of interest and pleasure in analyzing, dissecting and critiquing things. Some people are content to say that they either "like" or "dislike" something and leave it at that, whereas I'm not really capable of such. In many respects, the "why" is more important to me than the "what." As a result, I tend to be pretty fervent in praising the things I like and in scorning the things I dislike, sometimes through exaggeration or hyperbole. But I never get so caught up in that that I lose sight of my genuine assessments. Those are merely outlets to express my genuine assessments, whether they align with any larger sentiments or reject them entirely.

So I'm not really sure what "further than that [criticism]" is, in this context. If you're getting the sense that I'm largely unhappy with the game because I've criticized certain elements of it, you'd be exactly right. All games have their flaws, and I will mention them along with what I like. But I do objectively think that DOA6 is a mess. The things is does well are mostly the uncorrupted carry-overs from previous games, things that I've praised time and time again. I continue to engage this game for certain social reasons and, because at the end of the day, it offers something I do like that doesn't have any competent competition. But I really have to dig through a lot of headache to get there, making the game feel more like a tedious obstacle course with a cookie at the end. Good games make the obstacles fun so that the majority of your experience with the game is both fun and rewarding. DOA6 doesn't do that.

So I get that maybe you just tire of other people's assessments and jokes and stuff. That's fine. But what I don't get is this attitude you're projecting that somehow those comments are bad or unwarranted or something. It's like you can't imagine why people would continually make jokes or snide remarks to express their frustrations with a game that has so much potential thrown to the wayside. Dissatisfaction with the costumes, DLC and season pass is just one of many elements that fit such criteria.

As for the whole publisher vs developer thing, I still have no idea what you were on about. It was genuine inquisitiveness since I didn't understand the point you were implying, not something malicious or cynical. But whatever.

Well, I can't speak for anyone but myself, but you earlier claimed to know me, and if that's true, then you know that I tend to be a pretty critical person. That's not the same as being "negative" as some people like to write it off as, but I take a lot of interest and pleasure in analyzing, dissecting and critiquing things. Some people are content to say that they either "like" or "dislike" something and leave it at that, whereas I'm not really capable of such. In many respects, the "why" is more important to me than the "what." As a result, I tend to be pretty fervent in praising the things I like and in scorning the things I dislike, sometimes through exaggeration or hyperbole. But I never get so caught up in that that I lose sight of my genuine assessments. Those are merely outlets to express my genuine assessments, whether they align with any larger sentiments or reject them entirely.

So I'm not really sure what "further than that [criticism]" is, in this context. If you're getting the sense that I'm largely unhappy with the game because I've criticized certain elements of it, you'd be exactly right. All games have their flaws, and I will mention them along with what I like. But I do objectively think that DOA6 is a mess. The things is does well are mostly the uncorrupted carry-overs from previous games, things that I've praised time and time again. I continue to engage this game for certain social reasons and, because at the end of the day, it offers something I do like that doesn't have any competent competition. But I really have to dig through a lot of headache to get there, making the game feel more like a tedious obstacle course with a cookie at the end. Good games make the obstacles fun so that the majority of your experience with the game is both fun and rewarding. DOA6 doesn't do that.

So I get that maybe you just tire of other people's assessments and jokes and stuff. That's fine. But what I don't get is this attitude you're projecting that somehow those comments are bad or unwarranted or something. It's like you can't imagine why people would continually make jokes or snide remarks to express their frustrations with a game that has so much potential thrown to the wayside. Dissatisfaction with the costumes, DLC and season pass is just one of many elements that fit such criteria.

As for the whole publisher vs developer thing, I still have no idea what you were on about. It was genuine inquisitiveness since I didn't understand the point you were implying, not something malicious or cynical. But whatever.

I'd rather not answer that last part because it's not meant to be an answer, I thought you would understand that. I know that objectively I cannot separate Developer from Publisher from the DLC purchase, it was meant to be... looking away from the reality, so to speak.
That's why I didn't want to answer you, it was meant to be more of a wish that the money went to the developers, not the publishers.

As for the rest of your query, I understand that from you... but from what I get from you isn't what I get from everyone else. I've been to similar places for different games and facts of life and I've seen how bad it is to visit places when people let their negativity take over to the point of coloring their perceptions. Even if their criticism is valid, it's so much so with the air of negativity that you don't want to stay because even trying to speak of positive aspects feels like it's dripping with the sheer negatives they have due to it.

I'm not saying this place is 100% negative from top to bottom... but it can sometimes come off that way due to how some take it to the point you have people already complaining about the next upcoming Costume DLC not because of the designs but just the fact of the costumes being pirates as we have no clue of them even being RELEASED YET. It would be like complaining about the 2nd KOF Character DLC even though we have no clue who it is. There's a difference between say you wanting to have Leon, Gen Fu and Ein before them or wanting the VF characters back or Mai removed because she had her time like DestructionBomb in the case of them being removed... and simply hating something's existence because it's there on top of the issues you already have without even knowing about what it even will be yet.

That's why I feel like you do understand me to an extent but you think I'm recoiling away from the criticism... but again, that's only half of it. You can look through my post history of here and the FSD Discord to see me be critical of DOA6 as I want it to be better than this, I may come off as a "fanboy" but that's only to point out where the actual problem children are in this scenario and where people should take their grievance to. I'm not a fan of someone who legit drew Shimbori being Break Blow'd by Bayman for the crime of... being the Director of DOA6 as if he caused every problem of DOA6 and wasn't put into the wings when he shouldn't have had by Koei as usual and they should have hired an actual PR Agent.

I have instructed people to go to DOA's Twitter or MASTER for the issues of DOA6 and there is plenty of issues... but ultimately, I do see when people go so far that they will even roll with the whitest of lies just so that they can continue either hating the game or continue to foster their hate... and that's why I said what I said.
That's where I sit and I'm sticking with it. I'm not accusing you or anyone else of neighboring toxic(ugh) or negative behaviors... but it can come off that way at times and usually, some people just want to avoid it altogether

Brute

Standard Donor
I hear you on most of your points. Couple of notes, though.

I'm not saying this place is 100% negative from top to bottom... but it can sometimes come off that way due to how some take it to the point you have people already complaining about the next upcoming Costume DLC not because of the designs but just the fact of the costumes being pirates as we have no clue of them even being RELEASED YET.
Well, hating something just because it exists when something you want doesn't isn't an ideal position and can be frustrating, but opportunity cost is still a thing. Some characters, especially the male characters, can have a very limited selection, and there are some people who believe that giving them more costumes that reflect the respective character's identity should have been included in the base game. DOA5's first costume DLC was not only free but did precisely this, adding legacy costumes unique to each character. Now you have DOA6, which launched with a terrible costume selection (particularly for the men) and now they're jumping straight into themed packs, pushing costumes that should have been included at launch further out (given that we have a rough schedule lined up with the season pass) or discarding them altogether. So maybe they release a pirate pack and all the costumes are unique and decently cool, but a pirate costume isn't going to rectify the fact that certain characters still don't have a good selection of costumes that reflect the character. So in that sense, I understand being irritated with the prospect of pirate DLC taking up the next season pass slot.

It would be like complaining about the 2nd KOF Character DLC even though we have no clue who it is. There's a difference between say you wanting to have Leon, Gen Fu and Ein before them or wanting the VF characters back or Mai removed because she had her time like DestructionBomb in the case of them being removed... and simply hating something's existence because it's there on top of the issues you already have without even knowing about what it even will be yet.
Again, hating something just because it exists when something you want doesn't isn't an ideal, but I also think it's unfair to suggest that someone is in the wrong for not wanting certain elements present altogether. I remember a lot of people saying "If you don't like the guest character X, simply don't play them," as if somehow the inevitability of having to play against those characters being played by others was somehow either lost on them or inconsequential. Perhaps more to the point, I've said that it's annoying to me that we have characters like NiCO and Diego but not Leon, and that is true. But the truth is, and I feel I've made this clear as well, that I don't like Diego or NiCO in the game at all. Even if Leon made it in, I would still want those two gone. The reason that I combine those two sentiments is primarily in relation to Shimbori's interview comment where he claimed that the reason Leon wasn't included was because his story was concluded, and that's just pure garbage (especially with regard to Diego) for reasons I've already gone into.

Well, hating something just because it exists when something you want doesn't isn't an ideal position and can be frustrating, but opportunity cost is still a thing. Some characters, especially the male characters, can have a very limited selection, and there are some people who believe that giving them more costumes that reflect the respective character's identity should have been included in the base game. DOA5's first costume DLC was not only free but did precisely this, adding legacy costumes unique to each character. Now you have DOA6, which launched with a terrible costume selection (particularly for the men) and now they're jumping straight into themed packs, pushing costumes that should have been included at launch further out (given that we have a rough schedule lined up with the season pass) or discarding them altogether. So maybe they release a pirate pack and all the costumes are unique and decently cool, but a pirate costume isn't going to rectify the fact that certain characters still don't have a good selection of costumes that reflect the character. So in that sense, I understand being irritated with the prospect of pirate DLC taking up the next season pass slot.

And I can understand that from that perspective. DOA5 did launch with free DLC for the vintage outfits of the past, but it only did so once and one other time for LR, I believe but that's beside the fact.
My point of contention is more or less on those who hate the Pirate pack purely for existing or for the fact that they hyped themselves to believe it would be vintage classic costumes. I also do vehemently agree that the males got gimped bad in terms of costumes for no real particular reason... but I'm also pretty happy with the fact that the males are getting costumes compared to DOA5 after U. Of course I would have no problems with males getting a free DLC pack to further help out their wardrobe and Shimbori did state that they do want to give reason for those coins and may hand out free costume DLC for that purpose which I hope does happen.

Again, hating something just because it exists when something you want doesn't isn't an ideal, but I also think it's unfair to suggest that someone is in the wrong for not wanting certain elements present altogether. I remember a lot of people saying "If you don't like the guest character X, simply don't play them," as if somehow the inevitability of having to play against those characters being played by others was somehow either lost on them or inconsequential. Perhaps more to the point, I've said that it's annoying to me that we have characters like NiCO and Diego but not Leon, and that is true. But the truth is, and I feel I've made this clear as well, that I don't like Diego or NiCO in the game at all. Even if Leon made it in, I would still want those two gone. The reason that I combine those two sentiments is primarily in relation to Shimbori's interview comment where he claimed that the reason Leon wasn't included was because his story was concluded, and that's just pure garbage (especially with regard to Diego) for reasons I've already gone into.

And I'm not going to attack your reasons for not wanting NiCO or Diego in the game at all(I VEHEMENTLY DISAGREE but that's your statement) nor I'm going to go against your reasons themselves or your viewpoint.
All I'm going to say is I can understand people not liking the guest character because of their own reasons... but I honestly can't say anything better than "That sucks". I'm not sure why I would say anything else but that because someone may have issues with certain characters... but I also can't agree with that stance or want them gone either so it's a difference in ideology to me(I genuinely hate Tager in Blazblue because he comes off as a ridiculous version of Zangief despite him being very, very tactical and needing to earn his damage. I understand it... but I don't want him removed from the game despite how I can sometimes come off as hostile to him).

Brute

Standard Donor
My point of contention is more or less on those who hate the Pirate pack purely for existing or for the fact that they hyped themselves to believe it would be vintage classic costumes.
Oh well, yeah, I don't understand optimism, myself. Especially with TN and KT's track record as a basis...

I'm gonna be honest, nobody is reading that shiz fellas.
TL;DR

Idk about everyone else, but I am at least ready to see the costumes.

I'm ready for them too. I remember 3 DOA characters having Pirate costumes and while I don't see them being unique in any massive fashion like in most other FGCs, I do hope they have some cues to the characters.

Oh well, yeah, I don't understand optimism, myself. Especially with TN and KT's track record as a basis...

Eh, I'll give you that.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Screenshot_2019-04-21-03-44-35.png

Meh. On the plus side the come on the 25th and we get world ranking and some new intros.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD