Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I have an unreasonable suggestion. Run DOA6. Seems easy, but buckle up, it will only get harder. Go to Main menu, then Options, then go to Credits. Here comes the hardest part: READ and COMPREHEND DOA6 credits. You might notice that TN has separate teams for Game Engineering and Game Design, System Engineering and Tools& Libraries Programming, Character Art and Environment Art, etc. It shows that DOA6 is the result of coordinated effort of multiple people with expertise in different fields. Roughly speaking DOA6 team is split into Engineers and Designers. Engineers work on staff like implementation of gameplay mechanics and online infrastucture and Designers work on stages, costumes, art etc. You can make engineer to design some costume but it won't end up pretty; you can make Designer work on lobbies - it will be buggy. Yeah, it's kinda hard to grasp. Just remember: different people work on costumes and gameplay and said people are not interchangable. Lobby branch can be traced all the way back to DOA6 release... DOA6 is not about intro's and outtro's. It's about what happens between them. I'm afraid that changes to FT's and revamped SSA are results of lots of thoughts, discussions and player feedback. Also SSA work as described - no problems here. You may not like SSAs or may be unable to use or deal with SSA - that's your problems

IMO each of season pass costumes nice by itself. And that's the most important thing. DOA6 costumes are for use in 1-on-1 fights, where you see only 2 costumes at a time. Nobody mains dozen characters - usually one or two. And TN recognises that. So it is not a big deal that some costumes are recolors. Such costumes do not work in group photos - that's a shame for sure. Also do not buy DLC you don't need unless you have money to burn.LOL. DOA6 was released March 1st 2019 (UTC timezone). It is written everywhere, so you definitely know it. Why such obviuos lie if you are SO RIGHT? Maybe because actually you are tragically wrong about everything?
But why are you trying to justify the fact that they released an unfinished game with a shitload of issues they need to fix? Almost everyone on this forum loves DOA and wants to see it thrive. DOA6 is a fun game but has a lot of issues. @Yurlungur just addressed a few of them.

Strangerinmytub

IMO each of season pass costumes nice by itself. And that's the most important thing. DOA6 costumes are for use in 1-on-1 fights, where you see only 2 costumes at a time. Nobody mains dozen characters - usually one or two. And TN recognises that. So it is not a big deal that some costumes are recolors. Such costumes do not work in group photos - that's a shame for sure. Also do not buy DLC you don't need unless you have money to burn.LOL.

If TN recognizes that people only main one or two characters, how come they won't let us buy individual costumes? If TN recognizes that people only main one or two characters, why wouldn't they make each individual costume more unique and special to differentiate them? Recolors of the same costume actually work great in group photos because they make it easier to maintain a consistent, yet slightly different look and because the focus isn't on a particular character, it's easier to cover up the similiarities. In a 1-on-1 fight on the other hand, it is much easier to notice that costumes are just recolors of each other because there are only two costumes on screen.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
2be.gif

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I have an unreasonable suggestion. Run DOA6. Seems easy, but buckle up, it will only get harder. Go to Main menu, then Options, then go to Credits. Here comes the hardest part: READ and COMPREHEND DOA6 credits. You might notice that TN has separate teams for Game Engineering and Game Design, System Engineering and Tools& Libraries Programming, Character Art and Environment Art, etc. It shows that DOA6 is the result of coordinated effort of multiple people with expertise in different fields. Roughly speaking DOA6 team is split into Engineers and Designers. Engineers work on staff like implementation of gameplay mechanics and online infrastucture and Designers work on stages, costumes, art etc. You can make engineer to design some costume but it won't end up pretty; you can make Designer work on lobbies - it will be buggy. Yeah, it's kinda hard to grasp. Just remember: different people work on costumes and gameplay and said people are not interchangable.

I guess you know what a project budget is and that it's spread into all the team departments, right?.

Let's take DOA 5 at its original launch as example. That game, even being unfinished (Team Ninja said that they wanted to release the game as it was in Ultimate version) was way more polished than DOA 6 at its launch in all fronts. Graphically, testing and ... it even had lobbies.

If we compare both games, the top priority for DOA 6 is keeping releasing costumes every single month, everything else can come trough updates later on. DOA 5 in other hand didn't start with this policy, the top priority was to launch a good base game, maybe to prove that Team Ninja could exist withtout Itagaki.

Just remember: DOA 6 budget distribution is a joke. Programmers and artist others than the ones selected for costumes, like for example, stage designers and modelers, did a worse work than in DOA 5 and people noticed it.

DOA6 is not about intro's and outtro's. It's about what happens between them.

Just like ... every other game with more than one intro and outro?

Last edited:

Yurlungur

I have an unreasonable suggestion. Run DOA6. Seems easy, but buckle up, it will only get harder. Go to Main menu, then Options, then go to Credits. Here comes the hardest part: READ and COMPREHEND DOA6 credits. You might notice that TN has separate teams for Game Engineering and Game Design, System Engineering and Tools& Libraries Programming, Character Art and Environment Art, etc. It shows that DOA6 is the result of coordinated effort of multiple people with expertise in different fields. Roughly speaking DOA6 team is split into Engineers and Designers. Engineers work on staff like implementation of gameplay mechanics and online infrastucture and Designers work on stages, costumes, art etc. You can make engineer to design some costume but it won't end up pretty; you can make Designer work on lobbies - it will be buggy. Yeah, it's kinda hard to grasp. Just remember: different people work on costumes and gameplay and said people are not interchangable. Lobby branch can be traced all the way back to DOA6 release... DOA6 is not about intro's and outtro's. It's about what happens between them. I'm afraid that changes to FT's and revamped SSA are results of lots of thoughts, discussions and player feedback. Also SSA work as described - no problems here. You may not like SSAs or may be unable to use or deal with SSA - that's your problems

IMO each of season pass costumes nice by itself. And that's the most important thing. DOA6 costumes are for use in 1-on-1 fights, where you see only 2 costumes at a time. Nobody mains dozen characters - usually one or two. And TN recognises that. So it is not a big deal that some costumes are recolors. Such costumes do not work in group photos - that's a shame for sure. Also do not buy DLC you don't need unless you have money to burn.LOL. DOA6 was released March 1st 2019 (UTC timezone). It is written everywhere, so you definitely know it. Why such obviuos lie if you are SO RIGHT? Maybe because actually you are tragically wrong about everything?

1) Yes, absolutely different people work on different things. I'm quite aware but clearly not enough people were working on the base game to get to where it needed to go. Instead they needed to pump out dlc instead of getting the game to where it needed to be.

2)If the lobby branch can be traced why didn't we get them until recently? Just a thought.

3)You're correct but it visually unappealing and makes the game look uglier then it is further

4) The mechanic is actually problematic and ruins a lot of core aspects of the game like string manipulation so many characters who are reliant on strings basically get butchered such as hitomi/eliot. Also a lot of characters do not have good anti-step moves and their fastest moves sometimes are fatal rush which is punishable. So i have to throw out an i18 high if i play a character like marie or helena. Hope you don't block it and risk/reward is nowhere in that favor at all. Also sidesteps have a weird amount of invul to them. There are also other people complaining about it other then me.

5) Not the point, The point is their trying to make a quick buck and not valuing people who play the game at all.

6) Also whoop die doo i forgot the fucking release date of this game because i got it a week early

Boogie

*checks title*
this a costume thread, why we speaking logistics.

those pirate costumes are also ass.

like i say from day 1272362 - 365/2 days divided by the years we waited for kingdom hearts 3
just keep doing costume design contests. give us themes. let us design the costumes we want to see in the game.

Addictrian

Without the possibility to use some parts from the DLC costumes (eye patch, pirate hat, wedding accessories), I find these packs very boring.
Cause they are not Creativ not individual and Copy Paste . Let us Fans choose the Costumes we want to see in the Game =) And step back from a 90 Euro Expensive Season Pass for Copy Paste Costumes . We get three Costumes with recolors in the Season Pass thats it .Folks . Its Bullshit sorry TN . I love this Franchise so much more than Tekken or Soul Calibur . But they turn it Asthetic and Visually in a Pussy Game -

Why do Gamers want to see in the damn same Costume =? ???? I dont get it :/ I dont want to see the same Shit on Rig and Diego .....

NO Copy Paste Costumes anymore like it was in the first DOA Games =)

P2p1mbs

Tina and Lisa will look great in those without the ridiculous hats on, which I'm very thankful I can remove.

To me, Tina (and I guess even Lisa, maybe) looks great in any costume so long the hat is small, like the tiny hat she wore for her 2016 Halloween costume. I have a thing for costumes with hats, particularly tiny ones; I'm almost seriously considering bringing back Marie as a main just because her costume 12 has a tiny top hat :D.

RayBellion

Although I like the 3 costumes shown, I must see my buying of the season pass now as in fact being mostly a donation to the welfare of KT/TN. No way the amount of money I paid for it was needed for creating so few costumes... They should have lowered the price of such costume collections instead of lowering their variety. That would have been something I could have lived with. But this? That's a big move in the wrong direction. Sad.

RetroMe91

Although I like the 3 costumes shown, I must see my buying of the season pass now as in fact being mostly a donation to the welfare of KT/TN. No way the amount of money I paid for it was needed for creating so few costumes... They should have lowered the price of such costume collections instead of lowering their variety. That would have been something I could have lived with. But this? That's a big move in the wrong direction. Sad.
Hopefully the two characters they add are worth it..

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I mean...if you're going to be that lazy about it, then I'd say just design the outfit differently in the first place or just disable certain outfits. At least give Kasumi white shorts. WTF? lol
They're not really shorts up close, they seem like some sort of black texture designed to form shorts and a bra but it's a bit fuzzy up close. I think it also disable ass and boob jiggle too since they don't move xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD