Official DOA6 Costume Thread

RetroMe91

The problem isn’t the censorship itself, the problem is that it’s ugly as hell lol. They could have made it cute! Give miniskirts some black shorts underneath and maybe some fishnets or something over bras and bikini tops. What we got looks like the texture warping that happens when I try to put a large black square on my character in Soul Calibur 6.
Then don’t use them... they are optional for a reason. I don’t think their intention was for them to be used. I think they are there for the competitive circuit.

The problem for me is ... their priorities. There is a huge bunch of graphical issues in this game and after two months, they fixed almost nothing ... hell, even neck seams are still there.

And now they used the team to add this? ... then what was the point changing legacy costumes to just alternative costumes?

Almost everything about this game direction makes no sense
I think it’s clear that their direction is making as much money as possible without spending much. That was clear from day 1. That’s why the DLC is mostly copy and paste with minor edits to make them slightly more unique to the characters. In addition, being at tournaments, makes your game more money. It brings in new players and excites current fans. That means profit. This also meant they needed to create some silly minor censorship for that purpose.

I just feel like this game has been out for 2 months now, but this community has been bitching about every little thing since it’s announcement. This community is very negative. Do the fans even like DOA? It feels like everyone here would complain if they started to give you guys what you want.. just an observation. Maybe it’s just the western audience. Maybe this is why they cater to the Asian market more than the western audience.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I think it’s clear that their direction is making as much money as possible without spending much. That was clear from day 1. That’s why the DLC is mostly copy and paste with minor edits to make them slightly more unique to the characters. In addition, being at tournaments, makes your game more money. It brings in new players and excites current fans. That means profit. This also meant they needed to create some silly minor censorship for that purpose.

Do you really think these chocolate textures will bring more audience?. People will think this, in the best case, just feels off.

I just feel like this game has been out for 2 months now, but this community has been bitching about every little thing since it’s announcement. This community is very negative. Do the fans even like DOA? It feels like everyone here would complain if they started to give you guys what you want.. just an observation. Maybe it’s just the western audience. Maybe this is why they cater to the Asian market more than the western audience.

That's just a straw man.

People is complaining about this game issues and after 2 months most issues are still there. Is their fault they bought an unfinished game?

RetroMe91

Do you really think these chocolate textures will bring more audience?. People will think this, in the best case, just feels off.

That's just a straw man.

People is complaining about this game issues and after 2 months most issues are still there. Is their fault they bought an unfinished game?
They didn’t put the cover ups in to bring new people in. If anything, it just means the competitive players will lean towards costumes that don’t need censored.

I agree that they should have taken more time to polish the game, but I don’t believe my judgements are wrong. The same BS negativity was present in DOA5 from Vanilla to LR. People aren’t strictly complaining about an unfinished game. They are complaining about everything. Ever little detail. It’s just getting a bit old.

SaihateDYNAMO

Then don’t use them... they are optional for a reason. I don’t think their intention was for them to be used. I think they are there for the competitive circuit.

This is the most defeatist post I’ve read in a long time... whew. This post is basically just making excuses for TN making a below-average rushjob of a game and then saying “the fan base sucks :’(((( how dare they say something bad about muh precious DOA!” If these censorships are being made for competitions, aka a wider viewing audience than those that actually play that game, therefore it should look the best it should. These ugly black textures slapped onto the skin looks awkward. Just because I’m not going to use it doesn’t mean I’m not going to complain about it.

The community is being negative about DOA6 because the general consensus is that it’s a bad/underwhelming game. Is this game just not allowed to get negative reception??

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They didn’t put the cover ups in to bring new people in. If anything, it just means the competitive players will lean towards costumes that don’t need censored.

You said this:

In addition, being at tournaments, makes your game more money. It brings in new players and excites current fans.

And no one, whaterver plays or is just watching a tournament, will feel be more attracted to the franchise due this option, because it just looks bad. It's like someone just spreaded chocolate over all the breasts. It just makes no sense.

People already think this game is weak graphically and artistically, if they intent to promote this game like this in tournaments, this game will just look even worse at people eyes and that's just dumb marketing ... something that isn't new in this game in other hand.

I agree that they should have taken more time to polish the game, but I don’t believe my judgements are wrong. The same BS negativity was present in DOA5 from Vanilla to LR. People aren’t strictly complaining about an unfinished game. They are complaining about everything. Ever little detail. It’s just getting a bit old.

I don't think because almost all these issues are new in the franchise, for example, almost every graphical issue. DOA 5 wasn't this bland and unfinished.

RetroMe91

This is the most defeatist post I’ve read in a long time... whew. This post is basically just making excuses for TN making a below-average rushjob of a game and then saying “the fan base sucks :’(((( how dare they say something bad about muh precious DOA!” If these censorships are being made for competitions, aka a wider viewing audience than those that actually play that game, therefore it should look the best it should. These ugly black textures slapped onto the skin looks awkward. Just because I’m not going to use it doesn’t mean I’m not going to complain about it.

The community is being negative about DOA6 because the general consensus is that it’s a bad/underwhelming game. Is this game just not allowed to get negative reception??
Look, attack me all you want. I am just stating my opinion like you. I am not being a defeatist and I have issues with the game as well, but I think it’s better than DOA5.

Whether you want to admit it or not, this fan base is super negative. It didn’t just start with DOA6, it’s been going on since I joined this forum.

I get that you’re pissed that they didn’t make black leggings or shorts or put mesh tops under the dresses, but remember these are just optional. The last thing I am going to lose my mind over is a tiny minute option. I am also not going to lose my mind over the fact that White (the brightest color in the real world) is the brightest color in the game. I am not going to lose my mind over their choice in dlc because it’s just like they did in DOA5 and some people might like them better than I do. I am not going to lose my mind over minor things.

I do understand why people were pissed about the lack of online lobbies, how the costume parts situation worked, and the issue with hair and clothing clipping through the character’s bodies. These are real issues.... not the previously stated... *eye roll*

But remember I am the defeatist because I don’t give a shit about the minor optional choices in the game, such as the competitive censors and their choice in DLC. If you don’t like it, don’t use it or buy it. If you don’t buy it, perhaps they will get the hint.

RetroMe91

You said this:

And no one, whaterver plays or is just watching a tournament, will feel be more attracted to the franchise due this option, because it just looks bad. It's like someone just spreaded chocolate over all the breasts. It just makes no sense.

People already think this game is weak graphically and artistically, if they intent to promote this game like this in tournaments, this game will just look even worse at people eyes and that's just dumb marketing ... something that isn't new in this game in other hand.

I don't think because almost all these issues are new in the franchise, for example, almost every graphical issue. DOA 5 wasn't this bland and unfinished.
Did you play DOA5 Vanilla? It was definitely this bland and unfinished and they had a larger time span to work on it. Fast forward to DOA5U and no it wasn’t as bad.

My point about the Windows was this, they used them to be allowed into the tournament circuits in the west. This was their way of being allowed into EVO. Most people who go to tournaments aren’t focused on the sex appeal of the characters, but how fun the game looks and plays.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Did you play DOA5 Vanilla? It was definitely this bland and unfinished and they had a larger time span to work on it. Fast forward to DOA5U and no it wasn’t as bad.

My point about the Windows was this, they used them to be allowed into the tournament circuits in the west. This was their way of being allowed into EVO. Most people who go to tournaments aren’t focused on the sex appeal of the characters, but how fun the game looks and plays.

Yep I played it and I didn't see seams in necks or so many UV mapping issues for example.

I know how tournaments are because I also played in some tournaments and that's the reason why I know they don't need to add this option.

Reason: BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle as EVO main title:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/549753c4764ae4d18849e73240339549/tumblr_ouc7k3JXZg1smaam3o1_500.gif

SaihateDYNAMO

Look, attack me all you want. I am just stating my opinion like you. I am not being a defeatist and I have issues with the game as well, but I think it’s better than DOA5.

Whether you want to admit it or not, this fan base is super negative. It didn’t just start with DOA6, it’s been going on since I joined this forum.

I get that you’re pissed that they didn’t make black leggings or shorts or put mesh tops under the dresses, but remember these are just optional. The last thing I am going to lose my mind over is a tiny minute option. I am also not going to lose my mind over the fact that White (the brightest color in the real world) is the brightest color in the game. I am not going to lose my mind over their choice in dlc because it’s just like they did in DOA5 and some people might like them better than I do. I am not going to lose my mind over minor things.

I do understand why people were pissed about the lack of online lobbies, how the costume parts situation worked, and the issue with hair and clothing clipping through the character’s bodies. These are real issues.... not the previously stated... *eye roll*

But remember I am the defeatist because I don’t give a shit about the minor optional choices in the game, such as the competitive censors and their choice in DLC. If you don’t like it, don’t use it or buy it. If you don’t buy it, perhaps they will get the hint.
Lol did my “defeatist” comment get to you that badly? What is with people on freestepdodge dot com getting mad when they get called out. We have opposing opinions but I wasn’t attacking you, tf?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I just saw the official trailer for the pirate costumes DLC. So if the in-game swimsuits are covered up, are DLC costumes getting covered up too?
Yeah they do too, if the costume shows cleavage or ass the shorts and bra are added although not for every outfit iirc, like Kasumi in her deluxe costume and Honoka's wedding dress boob window aren't censored and Marie Rose doesn't really seem to be censored at all, even in her battlesuit with her legs fully out xD

RetroMe91

Lol did my “defeatist” comment get to you that badly? What is with people on freestepdodge dot com getting mad when they get called out. We have opposing opinions but I wasn’t attacking you, tf?
Nope. Not mad. I just think you are confusing optimism with defeatism. I’m just an optimistic person and don’t see the point of dwelling and sulking over minor things. I also didn’t try to remarks attacking your character or statements that try to put words in your mouth. If you reread your initial response to me, it was clear you didn’t respect my opinion or like that I directly disagree with your opinion. I don’t feel the need to make petty remarks or snide comments about someone on forums because in the end, I am here to talk about the game, not you. Trust me, I am not feeling pressed. That’s all I will say about this. Like I said, I’d rather discuss the game than have a pointless argument about either of our character.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think this is actually a very smart move of TN. The execution is done poorly but I do think this is a smart choice. This will cause a stir and I think people will defend DOA more instead of crucifying it for sexy costumes.

They could’ve done this for kasumi’s Costume. It would’ve actually looked cool.
F9422610-333D-4326-B8FA-5E4F56A5A3F7.jpeg

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Yep I played it and I didn't see seams in necks or so many UV mapping issues for example.

I know how tournaments are because I also played in some tournaments and that's the reason why I know they don't need to add this option.

Reason: BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle as EVO main title:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/549753c4764ae4d18849e73240339549/tumblr_ouc7k3JXZg1smaam3o1_500.gif

That's your point of contention? Really? Sigh... when even @werewolfgold made a better reason then either you are @SaihateDYNAMO, it becomes really, really sad.

Nobody in their right mind would care about the option at all because it's not a FORCED OPTION, apparently it's tucked away in the Event Mode for it to even pop up.
Yes, we will get the crazies and everyone else hopping on the train that will say DOA is censored forever... but it's like people missed that SFV has been consistently been editing costumes and avoiding other costumes for it's entire E-Sports inception!
So why do people ignore these things but then point out other games like there isn't some double standard on multiple games vs. others?

It's a dumb option they could have implemented so much better... but it's also a non-existent point to die on since only DOAWC tournies will even ENABLE THE OPTION! And that's even if they CHOOSE to(remember The Mixup? Softness wasn't supposed to be on... but it still was and no one cared).

EDIT: I'm especially disappointed in you @Brute, you are better than this...
It's a dumb option to add and it's really lazily done... but it's so goddamned non-existent and it's just a damn option.
"It would have been better if they censored the original outfits" NO YOU DAMN FOOLS! People usually ask for this EXACT. OPTION in most shit that gets censored to begin with. It's a fucking nothing burger and trying to ask for that will make it even worse.

It's a damn option, a lazily done option, that hurts NO. FUCKING. ONE.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

That's your point of contention? Really? Sigh... when even @werewolfgold made a better reason then either you are @SaihateDYNAMO, it becomes really, really sad.

Nobody in their right mind would care about the option at all because it's not a FORCED OPTION, apparently it's tucked away in the Event Mode for it to even pop up.
Yes, we will get the crazies and everyone else hopping on the train that will say DOA is censored forever... but it's like people missed that SFV has been consistently been editing costumes and avoiding other costumes for it's entire E-Sports inception!
So why do people ignore these things but then point out other games like there isn't some double standard on multiple games vs. others?

It's a dumb option they could have implemented so much better... but it's also a non-existent point to die on since only DOAWC tournies will even ENABLE THE OPTION! And that's even if they CHOOSE to(remember The Mixup? Softness wasn't supposed to be on... but it still was and no one cared).

EDIT: I'm especially disappointed in you @Brute, you are better than this...
It's a dumb option to add and it's really lazily done... but it's so goddamned non-existent and it's just a damn option.
"It would have been better if they censored the original outfits" NO YOU DAMN FOOLS! People usually ask for this EXACT. OPTION in most shit that gets censored to begin with. It's a fucking nothing burger and trying to ask for that will make it even worse.

It's a damn option, a lazily done option, that hurts NO. FUCKING. ONE.

Because it's false this won't hurt no one, this will hurt the game reputation due how BAD it looks.

They could just lock all alternative costumes only allowing default costumes in e-sports mode ... do you remember?, that was the reason why they changed new costumes to default costumes, because people whined about female skin.

This work is so lazy and amateur that just fucking looks like a material bug, like if someonee tried to mod the game files. People will just laugh at how fucking hilarious this looks and tournaments' chats will turn into a meme festival.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Because it's false this won't hurt no one, this will hurt the game reputation due how BAD it looks.

Get out of here trying to act like DOA Reddit. SFV's changes was just as jank with Juri's biker costume getting an unnecessary as hell bodysuit underneath it which looks just as dumb and people did complain about it and nothing was done on top of random changes among random changes.
None of those hurt SFV in the reputation area(there was alot of things that hurt that game... just like with DOA6) but this alone isn't crushing anything to anyone with common sense.

They could just lock all alternative costumes only allowing default costumes in e-sports mode ... do you remember?, that was the reason why they changed new costumes to default costumes, because people whined about female skin.

Yeah except if we play by SF5 rules, R.Mika can't even be in her default... so by that logic, wouldn't La Mariposa's default be too much? And again, that's even if some of the TO's even allow it to be up. And what? They've been changing plenty of character's costumes to their defaults for quite some time, the hell are you even talking about?

This work is so lazy and amateur that just fucking looks like a material bug, like if someonee tried to mod the game files. People will just laugh at how fucking hilarious this looks and tournaments' chats will turn into a meme festival.

Like they don't already for any other video game tournament or anything involving DOA in the slightest? Jesus, what the hell are you even on? Twitch Chat does what Twitch Chat does and they do it to every single game, why in the hell when it happens to DOA, it's suddenly a travesty? Did you continually flip your shit everytime people talk about where the females at when 2 players only use the male characters?
And again, you are flipping your shit at an option in the game that will rarely be implemented except at certain tournies that want the option on!

Let's step away from the insanity that is DOA Reddit and let's go to anything shitposting Reddit and see their thoughts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/bhaxak
Well you look at that? Highest rated comment and most of the other comments appreciate it being an OPTION, rather than it being forced and while they may not like it, it's better than the alternative. They even called that it's primarily due to E-Sports is why it's even in there and point out what happened with SFV.
Again, it's sad as well when R/Kappa has more sense than the people in this thread right now. "But the crazies and the SJWs" we was already on the SJW's shit list since Xtreme Beach Volleyball and the crazies was on DOA6's ass since they listened to the freaking IGN interview, the bed was already made since then that we got this stupidity. No one with a functional brain cares.

Is it ugly? Yes. Is there massive room for improvement? Yes. Is it there only to cater to fools like the EVO TO? Yes. Does it hurt the game in any fashion like people say? No. Will Twitch Chat body the game? Yes, like they do to EVERYTHING ELSE~

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
You cannot kill that which is already dead.
I'll thank you to not dismiss my religion of choice Brute.
[IMG='width:190px;']https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51RDX28RE0L._SX301_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/IMG]

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD