Raidou gameplay discussion

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
So he is more akin to his DOA1 moveset, only modernized and includes some of his DOAD moves.
From the video, it looks like he's almost exclusively using his DOAD moveset to me. I may be wrong but that was my impression.

Speaking of DOAD, I whipped out my guide and scanned everything Raidou for you guys so you can easily reference any changes between versions. Check the attached PDF.

Good shit, DOAW!

Attachments

• 12281300.PDF
    2.4 MB · Views: 411
Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Pp6p is only a GB on full charge I think, which is not that useful in most cases, me think. If it was more like Leon's, that would've been useful and he really doesn't have a mixup from those strings in the first place.

Here's a list of move I think will end up being safe:
1pp: In one of the screen shots he had a lightning spark during the second punch, so it is most likely safe now.
Ppk: since the third kick was Bayman's, it's probably safe.
8p/new EWGF looking move: come on, it has lightning sparks. It has to be at the very least safe.

6p+k might actually be minus on block now due to property changes from a normal move to a CB.

His PB I think might end up being 7p+k since it would not be beneficial for him to lose 4p+k.

synce

Nice find, and thanks grape for the scans. Surprised to see i11 jab and i13 mid, that's pretty good

Couple questions about his i12 punish throw - can you churn the butter like izuna? Also is it breakable?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Oh boy, it's like playing KOF 96 all over again.

Then again, it's really not that bad of an input. Couple of tries and I'm sure people will get used to it on stick.

and it better do a looot of damage.

synce

Cosidering the inputs I feel it should do 5-10 more damage than the best i12 grab, but I know better than to get my hopes up...

His OH sounds pretty interesting from that DOA world post though. i30 doesn't sound as bad when it crushes and does 100 damage. Hopefully you get some nice advantage if opponent breaks it

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
How is the crush window on the OH though? Is it similar to Alpha's Ranbu or is it just a high crush during the startup? Is he not crushing at any point throughout the startup?

SilverForte

I'll try to test it, will post my findings later.

edit: okay the move crushes highs during his crouching animation, which is a fairly large part of the animation. but you can hit him out of the beginning and end. The good part is it counts an nh if hes hit out if it, which is nice.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm just saying, if it ends up doing more damage (considering if you time the double fire ball input right), then Bass', then Armstrong might be getting a demotion in the near future.

Against the wall, Bass does 124 on normal throw with his 41236h+p into the launcher.
Now, if Raidou manages to get something similar like 110 against the wall with his options, that just elevates him in terms of being able to inflict raw high damage and puts him above Alpha in terms of having a better defence due to a) most likely being a super heavy and b) actually having holds.

The only major handicap he has is his throws and 66h+p having below average range (pretty much Ein's range). His safety is still a concern, so I'm hoping he's not that unsafe.

edit: okay the move crushes highs during his crouching animation, which is a fairly large part of the animation. but you can hit him out of the beginning and end. The good part is it counts an nh if hes hit out if it, which is nice.

That's already a good sign. Nothing amazing, but the windows is probably still there and people will probably start option selecting it with hold buffers and such.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

starts at around 18:14

Mishima Electric confirmed. Thank you for at least trying to appease to Tekken players with one single move, TN.

Some moves doing surprisingly little hit stun on normal hit and causing no knockdown, which hints at him being more stun oriented than before.

Due to the launch from 1PP (Bass DOA4 1pp), it may be possible to followup with something fast, at the very least 2P. 7K or 236P would be pretty good.

SilverForte

if 1pp launches decently on nh, if 33k works that will be a great option.

In the shacknews stream it has been confirmed that his powerful OH input has been changed to HCB T, simplified from doad.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Oh wow, they changed the OH input? Shouldn't have done that for an OH like this, but I guess their input buffer system kept screwing it up during testing.

FakeSypha

So how's Raidou's EWFG looks like? Does it have any kind of "perfect" EWGF to be safe or at advantage on block like Mishima's Electrics?

I'm totally maining this motherfucker. I'm hyped, sorry for the silly questions... D:

Brute

Standard Donor
In the shacknews stream it has been confirmed that his powerful OH input has been changed to HCB T, simplified from doad.
I was hoping for an easier input, but not that easy! Hahaha.

Looks like he's shaping up to be one of those Leon/Rachel types where everyone will have a pocket Raidou but no one will main him.

Codemaster92163

He likely has the same mildly-complicated OH he had in dimensions as well in addition to :6::6::T:.

I wonder how he'll turn out. He was never one of my favorites, but I did use him a bit in DOAD, so at the very least I'll pick him up again.

I can say that his jab speed and jab string speed is FAR faster than it ever used to be, so I wonder what the frames of each hit will actually be.

Brute

Standard Donor
I can say that his jab speed and jab string speed is FAR faster than it ever used to be, so I wonder what the frames of each hit will actually be.
His P(P) is unique as far as I can tell, so I can't compare it to another character. So probably what it was in Dimensions (i11)?
His 6P is Hayate's (which is i12), but apparently in Dimensions they made it i13 because Raidou had to suck or something?

I'm guessing he'll turn out 11/13/16 like Leon, but my hope is that he's 10/13/14.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD