Raidou gameplay discussion

synce

Since he towers over the rest of the cast I think it's a safe bet his frame data is abysmal.... and I don't think TN wants him to be very powerful so if someone discovers some shenanigans (eg Rachel stomp) it will be patched swiftly lol

Of course I don't think Honoka would get that treatment ;)

Codemaster92163

His P(P) is unique as far as I can tell, so I can't compare it to another character. So probably what it was in Dimensions (i11)?
His 6P is Hayate's (which is i12), but apparently in Dimensions they made it i13 because Raidou had to suck or something?

I'm guessing he'll turn out 11/13/16 like Leon, but my hope is that he's 10/13/14.

You're correct on his jab and mids in dimension, but he had an i13 :2::P:, so he was 11/13/13 in Dimensions.

Codemaster92163

I'm wondering if they're going to transfer over is 1KK SDS. It's pretty much like Bayman's low kick > mid kick, but the second hit caused a SDS, which would probably terrify a lot of people into countering if it's included and if it guarantees anything after the hit. It would give him some nice mixup off of lows which not many characters have access to. Also, 33K was a beast in juggles.

SilverForte

33k was rather funny, you could do stuff like 33k-33k-8p-33k-7k. With you being able to juggle people in the air with the same move now I'm looking forward to the 33k loops.

synce

Holy crap I thought Uncle Kitchener was just being funny but they really did give Raidou an EWGF lmao I wonder how many you can do in a row

AsheMann21

According to what someone told me a few days ago, Electric Wind God Fist. A common move used by those Mishima dudes in Tekken that's like super quick and awesome to use.

All this time I thought it was called the Evade Wrong, Get Fucked move because it led to nasty setups.
I take it that's the :6::2::3::P:?

FakeSypha

Well, talking about frames. It seems quite fast (for a heavy). We'll just have to wait and see, though. I hope it launchers on NH for a small combo. But in any case it's nice to see some sparks in there.

Kazuya's EWGF is 14 frames, and the "perfect" version comes out in 13 frames. And is +5 on block and has lots of pushback. It's also high and linear. Hopefully they rip of the frame adv on block too, lol

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Judging by the launch height on electric normal hit, you can probably get followed up with a 7K.

It's really nothing compared to a Mishima electric, but it might have some decent stats (at least it's better than T4 electric).

Cool thing about it is that it doesn't wall splat and is looking to be safe on block, but the stats are a mystery right now. Also, the execution seems lenient thanks to the input buffer system (see leniency on Eliot's 46P). Judging by the animation, he might even be crouching, so who knows?

David Gregg

The recommended 623 input for Raidou's "EWGF" doesn't work for me. When I use Eliot's i3P it's much easier to do 663.

He had the same move in DOAD iirc though just w/o the lightning effects.

David Gregg

No this is a completely new move for Raidou, if it's + on block for the perfect version this will be a great move for him.

My apologies I was thinking of his 8P b/c of the similar animation and launching property (although that one is obviously much slower).

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
No this is a completely new move for Raidou, if it's + on block for the perfect version this will be a great move for him.

I saw Wah miss the electric a few times and he just got normal 3P, so I don't they even bothered to give him a normal god fist version of that move.

David Gregg

I will definitely try him out. Didn't really like him in Dimensions but after the release of Salad with everyone saying she's their new main and TN claiming that she's the "staff favorite" fighter I'm worried for the future of our male fighters and want to show support that they've added another one.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD