Soul Calibur Thread

Jadeinchains

Oh yeah actually I guess I must have not paid attention to the announcer during him saying it, Tbh as well though I almost never played as him so I wouldn't of heard his name much anyway.

Really hoping we'll get a lot of extra content in this game, Extra single player modes like from SC3, unlockable art, music, outfits, characters etc and it will also be really interesting to see Custom soul mode and what it's like.

Jadeinchains

By the way from the sounds of things it seems like the story might be doing a MK9 style thing. In that It will go through the events of multiple games, Don't know how far into the events it will if that's happening but it will be interesting.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ivy...And she better not lol, I've already had to deal with Lisa's possible death and Jade's actual death so It better not be Ivy now. And who's yours? Yun?

Yep, Yunseong and Talim were always my favorites. I liked their youthfulness and their fast and uncomplicated gameplay...and they're friends. :)
Since SC5 I shifted my attention to Maxi though. I still can't believe they got away with cutting both my mains in SC5. =__=
I'm 110% sure Talim wil be back in SC6 but I am still worried for Yunseong. Adding Hwang instead of him would make more sense, since this is a reboot of SC1. :/

Ivy is really hard to handle by the way. Kudos to you... O:

Jadeinchains

Yep, Yunseong and Talim were always my favorites. I liked their youthfulness and their fast and uncomplicated gameplay...and they're friends. :)
Since SC5 I shifted my attention to Maxi though. I still can't believe they got away with cutting both my mains in SC5. =__=
I'm 110% sure Talim wil be back in SC6 but I am still worried for Yunseong. Adding Hwang instead of him would make more sense, since this is a reboot of SC1. :/

Ivy is really hard to handle by the way. Kudos to you... O:

Yeah it definitely seems to be a MK9 situation, However it seems like they are going to be adding in SC2 an SC3 characters as well so it's possible, It seems like it could be going through the events of a couple of games like SC2 and 3 as well, Maybe further but who knows.

Edit: And I know lol she's really complicated at times, Love her style so much though.

gamemaster14

One random character I wouldn't mind seeing make a return is Shura from Soul Calibur 4. She was only a bonus character who for the most part mimicked Cervantes but she was faster and wielded dual Katanas.

As far as the whole silly feminism thing, Namco Doesn't seam to care as they are a Japanese company, they don't yield to silly western Ideals. I mean look at Tekken 7, there are bikinis and small outfits in that. Its just good for once to see a company not willing to change their games just because silly people have problems with them. I always say, if you have a problem with a game, just don't play it, Don't ruin it for everyone else.

Jadeinchains

I seem to hear a lot of people talk about how they really liked Shura from SC4 the most out of the bonus characters, Personally I always liked Ashlotte the most, I thought it was so cool how she was clockwork. The bonus characters in SCIV definitely were great though, They were awesome. All of them had great designs.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It's a soft reboot. So it's going to be character from the 1st 3 SCs I believe. I have a list of characters that I like & keep with in fighting games so that I don't get hooked on one, but my favorite is Taki. My list consist of:

Taki
Sophitia (already in)
Cassandra
Maxi
Xianghua
Kilik
Seung Mina

I'm considering maining Mitsurugi too if Taki, Sophitia, or Maxi doesn't fit my style of play. But I think I won't have to look that far since I've always felt comfortable with Taki (or Sophitia) even as a casual player.

Been a fan of the series for a long time. A lot of people don't realize that Sophitia & Cassandra are friends with Taki. lol

Pn33milan

I knew about Sophitia and Taki defeating Cervantes together in Soul Blade, but nothing about Cassandra.

From a mechanical point of view, my mains have always been Taki and Talim (in SC2).
Then, I like Sophitia, Mitsurugi, Siegfried and Amy in a more casual way.

I'm pretty sure Taki will be back, so my hopes go all for Talim.

About Amy... I loved her playstyle in SC4 and I like the character (I also like Viola in SCV), but I am not that sure she'll be back. I'm afraid the priority would go to Raphael (who I despised in SCV -_- )

Sophitia is probably my favourite character estetically, much like Kokoro in DOA ^_^

Brute

Standard Donor
I float around between Seong Mi-Na, Taki, Cassandra, Lizard-Man and Astaroth. Hoping they all return, though if Lizard-Man comes back, I have a funny feeling I'll hate him, like I did in SCIV and SCV. Namco likes to ruin Lizard-Man.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I hope Cervantes returns, his playstyle is really special I always loved his screwdriver move and that he has the ability to shoot with his sword gun. He was pretty hard to use in SCV. By the way, I just realized that Ivy is actually half Spanish and half British...

Argentus

I seem to hear a lot of people talk about how they really liked Shura from SC4 the most out of the bonus characters, Personally I always liked Ashlotte the most, I thought it was so cool how she was clockwork. The bonus characters in SCIV definitely were great though, They were awesome. All of them had great designs.
I only liked ashlotte and shura (just because I HATE Cervantes :mad: )

Kamikirimusi fan, here.

Scherezade is the one most people just didnt like orhate, most seem to forget she was even there lol.

but i liked how KKMS and Ashlotte actually hard parts in the story

Ashlotte is a canon part of the story, she's the one who recovered the original Astaroth's core, which was then used to make the second (?) astaroth from SC5.

Kamikirimusi isn't, well, part of the story per se, but backup stuff basically stated she becomes Algol's mate as the two are very long lived so they'd only really have each other through the ages.

Pn33milan

Being Cervantes daughter, it seems reasonable for Ivy to be half-spanish ^_^

I didn't like Hilde that much. I don't think she's bad, but I don't feel like she's left that big of an impact on the series

However, I wouldn't mind if they brought back at least a character for chapter. For example, I know a lot of people who would like to see Viola again

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

I didn't like Hilde that much. I don't think she's bad, but I don't feel like she's left that big of an impact on the series

However, I wouldn't mind if they brought back at least a character for chapter. For example, I know a lot of people who would like to see Viola again

Character/story-wise? Sure why not. Gameplay-wise? HELL NO.

Yeah, Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if Hilde got cut (much to @LordXav1er's chagrin). She can feel a bit "there" at times and she has an awkward playstyle. Amy was also added in SCIV if I'm not mistaken and she would likely get out-prioritized by Raphael. Though she may still get added if the weeabo... er Amy fans rally enough ;)! Would be cool if Zasalamel could make it, though I'm not sure if he's popular enough for that.

Oh well, Nightmare's going to be in the game so I'm good *sharpens Soul Edge*. (...please don't fuck him up Bamco.)

breathofflame34

Character/story-wise? Sure why not. Gameplay-wise? HELL NO.

Yeah, Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if Hilde got cut (much to @LordXav1er's chagrin). She can feel a bit "there" at times and she has an awkward playstyle. Amy was also added in SCIV if I'm not mistaken and she would likely get out-prioritized by Raphael. Though she may still get added if the weeabo... er Amy fans rally enough ;)! Would be cool if Zasalamel could make it, though I'm not sure if he's popular enough for that.

Oh well, Nightmare's going to be in the game so I'm good *sharpens Soul Edge*. (...please don't fuck him up Bamco.)
Hmm. I actually really enjoyed using Hilde, along with , (dang it I can't recall thier names, but it's the guy with the huge sword, and the main character from the SC 5 story mode)

Radiance

Well if it's an earlier Soul Calibur Viola would be very young.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD