Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

RetroMe91

I don't know, someone else may say something differently, but DOA isn't even that popular in Japan, yeah? At least as a fighting game. When I asked my co-workers/people in general about DOA they either:
1. Asked if I was talking about the volleyball game
2. Asked if I was talking about the pachinko slots
3. Didn't know what I was talking about
When I talked about Tekken? Everyone automatically knew what I was talking about. Street Fighter? Yep, everyone knows that fighting series too. Even Mortal Kombat, a game that's banned over here, is well-known. Which got me thinking, is there a stigma surrounding DOA? Are people afraid to tell people they play it? It just seems weird how despite selling so many units, and despite selling so much DLC (apparently), no one seems to take DOA seriously. I barely see it in arcades like other major fighting games series. Like, back when I lived in America, I could kind of get people thinking DOA was just a volleyball series because the marketing was kind of bad. But even over here, Dead or Alive is a non-factor, or at least people treat it like it is. Numbers usually don't lie, but in this case, it seems like people just bought the game and forgot about it.

Also, I think I need to say this for the benefit of some people here. Human013, no one is getting their feelings hurt, or feeling like they're getting attacked. People stated why having a more interesting cast would be beneficial for DOA in the long run in a pretty calm matter. But for some reason, you're straight up ignoring what people are saying, and end it off with, " I'm right, deal with it". It's not like people here are going to boycott DOA for not having more black characters; in fact, the people posting here are probably some of the only few that play on a regular basis. People are straight up saying it would be rather nice to have a slight more change in the cast, but for some reason you're acting like people asking, not demanding, but asking for something different is an attack on the DOA series. Why is that?
Thank you! This person gets it. This is what has basically been happening. I didn’t mean to derail this group by saying that I personally want more color in the game.

@KwonJigglypuff I would be game for a dark skinned loli. I have no issues with loli characters. I generally enjoy Lolis, but I also don’t sexualize them. As a gay male, I very much enjoy them for the fashion and aesthetics. Haha. Maybe I will try my hand at designing a dark skin loli now for the purpose of DOA.

human013

Also, I think I need to say this for the benefit of some people here. Human013, no one is getting their feelings hurt, or feeling like they're getting attacked. People stated why having a more interesting cast would be beneficial for DOA in the long run in a pretty calm matter. But for some reason, you're straight up ignoring what people are saying, and end it off with, " I'm right, deal with it". It's not like people here are going to boycott DOA for not having more black characters; in fact, the people posting here are probably some of the only few that play on a regular basis. People are straight up saying it would be rather nice to have a slight more change in the cast, but for some reason you're acting like people asking, not demanding, but asking for something different is an attack on the DOA series. Why is that?
:2:
Just because DOA has become and anime fighter, doesn’t mean it needs to follow in anime’s footsteps and have an all white/Asian cast of characters. If they made a black female character and followed an anime archetype, I am sure she would sell. I’m not asking them to make a POC character and then make the whole game into a POC fighter. I’m not asking them to nerf everyone else and buff Zack and Lisa.

I’m just asking for a little more diversity in skin tone. Why is that such a big deal? why are there so many fragile flowers in this community. If we aren’t bitching about every single tweet this company tweets, then we are ripping each other apart over what individuals into he community would like in the game they play.... I would love it if we had an openly lgbt character too, so would you like to get at me for that as well?? Sorry to hurt some people’s fragile sensibilities. *eye roll*
:8:

I don't consider questioning or not instantly siding with people an attack on the series.

And are you saying I'm ignoring people because I ignored what inochinagi wrote? I don't know if you were keeping up with the discussion but I ignored it because he spun my words around and made an exaggeration to fit his view.
Uhhh... :zack::lisa: (doesnt matter what you think of them)
First this.
If KT intended DoA to only be made for a specific Japanese audience then they would have done the same thing with DoA6 that they did with DoAX3 and kept it within their region.
then this.

But, if you did follow the conversation and still think that I'm ignoring people or that I think DOA is being attacked then sure.

People brought up numbers for DOA and praised other games but when asked to take a look at the numbers for those games, like what was done for DOA, numbers suddenly don't matter.
People brought up the history of other games but when asked to compare it to DOA's history it again was avoided.
Why is it that other games are not being analyzed the same way people here are doing for DOA?

Read this amazing post.
People have become so brainwashed to the point where they’re actually defending the lack of diversity in media, yet alone in a videogame about an international martial-arts tournament. It doesn’t matter what country, continent or planet something was made in because it’s 2020 and there’s no excuse to explain how uncommon POC are in video games (and media in general, but let’s stick to games for now), especially when it comes time to portray them in a positive light.

So what you’re saying is that adding characters that aren’t the usual Asian and white races will alienate international audiences, who are most likely not Asian and white themselves? And that they would be turned off at the possibility of a game’s roster having more than like 3 token minorities? It’s backwards thinking to assume that people can’t resonate with characters outside of their race/skin tone. Most of the characters that I and other brown-skinned POC have been seeing on our screens all our lives do not have brown skin yet we’ve all been able to like and appreciate them, so if others can’t do the same for the inverse then that’s their problem. Also please say sike after you claimed that “not everything needs to be about POC” because you are thinking extremely selfishly. I’ll leave it at that.

But you’re right: Japanese people technically don’t owe us anything when it comes to diversifying their media but you need to be reminded that Asian and white people are NOT the only people in the world, nor are they the only ones worthy of being video game characters. As a black person, I will say that the older I get, the more and more annoyed i am towards how rare black men and women are in video games and anime, let alone fighting games, which are my favorite genre... so what is wrong with wanting characters that look more like me? I don’t think you truly understand what that feeling is like if you’re really out here undermining the importance of adding non-white, non-Asian characters in video games. Even Western-developed games are nowhere close to being as diverse as they should be because diversity-wise, it’s pretty much the exact same, so you can’t say that we need to look at western developers for diversity. Are you aware of the amount of mainstream western video games out there with middle-aged white men as the protagonist? It’s TIRED.
This really felt like it came from his heart, was genuine, and I agree entirely, but isn't this his view only and his side only? Or is that the only side that matters?

If something as neutral as "consider the other side" is considered an attack then that's fine too.

RetroMe91

....so back on topic... *eye roll* how soon until they show off the next dlc, the collab with Gust, and then what’s likely to be Tamaki? Do we think the revival dlc that will come out when Tamaki is released will be a swimsuit set? It seems likely since she comes from a swimsuit based video game.

I’m hoping that part of her initial bonus dlc will include one of the mandarin dresses. Whether they are revival or not, I still really like those. NiCo looks really nice in her green dress.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Sorry guys, I really thought it was over, and I will try to end this, but I hope you understand I have to address this

I don't know if you were keeping up with the discussion but I ignored it because he spun my words around and made an exaggeration to fit his view.

If you or anyone thinks that's what I did I'd like to see that explained to me, because I don't see it. You just pointed at things I said and said "there, look at what you did" and expect me to automatically see it from your perspective. I hate it when other people do the thing you're accusing me of and I'd never intentionally do it to anyone else. If anything, I think in your mind you're doing for yourself exactly what you're accusing me of doing.

If I made any mistake it's probably in not listening to the people here who said to ignore you, which I assume means to go as far as actually add you to my ignore list. But silly me, I have to find these things out for myself first hand. I've actually agreed and liked things you've said in the past, and there's surely still things you will say in the future I will agree with. It's good to have other views and sides on discussions to challenge your views, but that only works best when both sides are being respectful to eachother (which is generally the case here, thankfully), but they're also trying to be articulate in their own comments and properly reading and understanding the other person's comments. If we're going to have constant miscommunicating and misunderstanding then there's probably no point in discussing further.

On topic: I'd like to know too when that VV stream will be.. actually, maybe not. I mean, I'm curious but I'm not exactly at the edge of my seat, lol.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
For DOA6? Is there a date for that?
The 25th at 21:00 or 9pm JST. That's gonna be basically 6 to 7 am here for the US(or at least Georgia xD) so for most of the western US players that's gonna be an early morning stream.

They should also be dropping the DLC either that Tuesday or Wednesday for the Gust DLC too so I won't be surprised if they also show the DLC trailer on stream and it'll drop that Wednesday like the Mandarin DLC I can't wait to see Tamaki xD

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Hair colour changes?

Could this mean the return, finally, of Tina's brown hair??? O_O AFTER MORE THAN TWO DECA.... *eats some salt* I'll believe it when I see it.

But giving Lila's outfit to NiCo? Huh. Well I guess there was no other choice unless they could have somehow combined NiCo's head with Honoka's body... Should have known that giving one of the guys Lent's outfit was out of the question:

Atelier-Ryza-Lent-Concept-art.jpg

I call him "Adolgi".

Last edited:

Dionysus

I wonder how much one hair colour will cost LOL.
Anyway these costumes are okay, I don't really play Atelier enough to know much more. The Ryza and Gust being two different packs is also pretty amusing.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
髪色変更機能の追加 (PS4) ---> Add hair color change function (PS4)

Wow, it's seriously gonna be a PS4 exclusive thing? That's shitty.

UpSideDownGRUNT

PC has a lot of free hair colour mods so it makes sense not to put it on PC(especially when I'm pretty sure most of these are from mods), and apparently nobody plays Xbox so *shrug*

inochinagi

Standard Donor
apparently nobody plays Xbox so *shrug*

*raises hand* and I know @Split69 does as well. I think even if my PS4 was working again I'd stick with the XBO version for true 4K and because I've found I just like using the console more. But I've also read that it's technically, even if slightly, superior... (when it comes to input lag, for example). But Sony is Sony so it wins, lol.

Ninoasker

Well they finally added a GOOD feature omg will they start redeeming themselves from now on? I hope so!!! Looks cool, too bad that by the looks of the image hair color change is probably gonna cost tickets aka real money. It should've been able to be purchased with the ingame money but oh well

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD