Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

SaihateDYNAMO

What's weird is that I kind of expected the deluxe DLC costumes would be thematically unified in some way. But they kind of just look like random outfits.
I mean the boys are thematically unified, but that’s because TN seems to have given them all this generic wrestler shit instead of actually creating unique outfits for each male that fits them lol. They are all shirtless and wearing some shorts or trunks (or whatever those underwear-like wrestling pants are called) with different colors and patterns. That’s it. We love creativity.

I feel like they used a “theme” for the Deluxe outfits so they can get away with as much recycling as possible, especially with the men. it kinda looks like they copy pasted the same male torso onto different heads cause I don’t remember Eliot being that damn ripped!

When I first heard the outfits were going to be wrestling themed I thought they were gonna go IN with the theme. There’s so much potential for wild and flashy concepts that play off each character’s personality/nationality but instead we get some And1 basketball shorts and the same boots that half the outfits in DOA6 already have (seriously, whoever designed the outfits in this game must have a fetish for laced knee high boots).

I would really like to know why TN didn’t give a single guy so far any unique singlets, trunks, masks, etc. to at least show that they put some effort into the guys’ alts this time around. Some of the ladies need more effort too. kokoro and Helena’s costumes look like cheap DHGate cosplay, and Hitomi is dressed like a genderbent foot locker logo (no actually wtf is she wearing) so they do kinda seem “random” in a sense. They could have done better.

Jadeinchains

*sees Hitomi's deluxe outfit*
200.gif

...sis..no really sis..you didn't actually pick that out yourself did you?...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Most of the "deluxe costumes" are a trainwreck. Not just super basic and boring, but actually ugly. There a reason they kept those for a long time from us, only showing us Ayane, Marie and Honoka. Those at least have some detailing and care put into them, whether you like them or not.

Shows the overall lack of creativeness, artistic ability and care they put into DOA6. DOA5LR, a mere port, had better preorder costumes:

DOA5LR_03.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Most of the "deluxe costumes" are a trainwreck. Not just super basic and boring, but actually ugly. There a reason they kept those for a long time from us, only showing us Ayane, Marie and Honoka. Those at least have some detailing and care put into them, whether you ike them or not.

Shows the overall lack creativeness, artistic ability and care they put into DOA6. DOA5LR, a port, had better preorder costumes:

DOA5LR_03.jpg
The ninja ones (except Hayabusa’s) are the only good preorder costumes, the other costumes belong in DOAX3

Jadeinchains

Most of the "deluxe costumes" are a trainwreck. Not just super basic and boring, but actually ugly. There a reason they kept those for a long time from us, only showing us Ayane, Marie and Honoka. Those at least have some detailing and care put into them, whether you ike them or not.

Shows the overall lack of creativeness, artistic ability and care they put into DOA6. DOA5LR, a port, had better preorder costumes:

DOA5LR_03.jpg

Genuinely, say what you want about TN's bikini dlc but they are actually really creative when it comes to creating swimsuits, Lisa's, Helena's and Rachel's bikinis from that set are still iconic. I'll be totally fine/happy to see a bikini dlc pack in doa6 ( and we all know it's gonna happen ) If they have the same level of variation and creativity between the outfits.

On the topic of the deluxe outfits though. Hitomi's tragic choices aside I'm liking the look of Tina's, Ayane's and Marie's the most. I am excited though to see what the rest of the characters deluxe outfits are since while some like Hitomi,Kokoro and Helena's might not be great the other characters still could be.
( and yes obviously more than any other character I want to see Lisa's deluxe outfit finally )

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The ninja ones (except Hayabusa’s) are the only good preorder costumes, the other costumes belong in DOAX3

The bikinis were actually really pretty, fairly unique, and well modelled and textured. Helena's and Lisa's goddess bikinis looked absolutely gorgeous.

Now look at the deluxe costumes in comparison. Boring, ugly, and terrible asset quality. Those garishly colored, featureless rubber textures are so bad:

DwpmJwpUUAAXstN.jpg:orig

These look like fan mods, not designed by a professional costume designer and executed by a professional 3D character artist, and certainly not like "deluxe costumes".

Last edited:

Ninoasker

The bikinis were actually really pretty, fairly unique, and well modelled and textured. Helena's and Lisa's goddess bikinis looked absolutely gorgeous.

Now look at the deluxe costumes in comparison. Boring, ugly, and terrible asset quality. Those garishly colored, featureless rubber textures are so bad:

DwpmJwpUUAAXstN.jpg:orig

These look like fan mods, not designed by a professional costume designer and executed by a professional 3D character artist, and certainly not like "deluxe costumes".
Kokoro’s skirt big yikes

totally looks like an amateur editor work like you said

Baji Breakdancer

Most of the "deluxe costumes" are a trainwreck. Not just super basic and boring, but actually ugly. There a reason they kept those for a long time from us, only showing us Ayane, Marie and Honoka. Those at least have some detailing and care put into them, whether you like them or not.

Shows the overall lack of creativeness, artistic ability and care they put into DOA6. DOA5LR, a mere port, had better preorder costumes:

DOA5LR_03.jpg
I don’t know about that, dude, those DOA5LR swimsuits look pretty stupid. Like 90% of the DLC for Last Round looked like random garbage thrown together.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

It's 2:30am and I'm so tired lol, When is doa6 supposed to start being shown at evo? an hour and a half or 2 hours and a half?

Macca Beam

I generally avoid talking much about costumes but I’m so glad Honoka is finally getting some fighter/casual clothes. She felt so lifeless in 5LR wearing all that anime girl generic shit.
collabs were a mistake but it's all the rage so you'll see another 100 of them in 6
the ballerina one was good tho

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It's 12pm in Japan apparently so I think that stream should be starting soon! I think TN should tweet the link whenever their segment begins ^.^

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD