Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

TheTHCGamer

At the same time given how the games development was outsourced how many people are actually working on the game post launch? I understand we all want a substantial update (me included) but given everything that's happened so far do we really think that's happening anytime soon?

I expect minor updates to DoA6 here and there until the next version of the game is released. It's a damn shame but what can we do cry about it all day. Find another game to play at the moment if your fed up at this point instead of turning into bitter gamers.

Hey I know this is off topic but how many of you are looking forward to the new SamSho? I know I can't wait and I hope shit gets sorted out in the next 6 months for DoA6 because I feel that's how long it's going to take for most of us to be finally satisfied with the game.

Just remember how terrible SFV was at launch and how much better the game was in season 2. Now I really don't care for SFV but to deny how much better the game was in season 2 would just be trolling. Lastly remember that DoA6 is still a fairly new game so maybe theres some hope yet IF the game gets the right amount of support.

UpSideDownGRUNT

When I was younger I had a period where I just stopped liking fighting games as much, and since I didn't like Tekken 7, SC6, MK11 and even now DOA6... I'm wondering if I should just stay away from them again for a while.

As much as I want to like DOA6 and keep playing, even casually, I just can't do it. I've already deleted it from my PS4. They keep making this game WORSE every patch that and the awful launch this game... Yeah, I'm out.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

When I was younger I had a period where I just stopped liking fighting games as much, and since I didn't like Tekken 7, SC6, MK11 and even now DOA6... I'm wondering if I should just stay away from them again for a while.

As much as I want to like DOA6 and keep playing, even casually, I just can't do it. I've already deleted it from my PS4. They keep making this game WORSE every patch that and the awful launch this game... Yeah, I'm out.
Try a different genre. I've been loving hack-n-slash 3rd person kinda games recently. Just anything that isn't a first person shooter - Destiny 2 and Bright Memory don't count i actually had some fun with those

PJudge

I played DOA6 for the first time in about 2 weeks yesterday, and a couple of the games were fun but I just find that the amount of content we actually have is wearing thin. Personally, I kinda liked 1.04a, or whatever the patch was before this, as the SS nerf was fine - this is just a bit overkill. It feels a lot like how Overwatch felt last year when Blizzard were just buffing and nerfing without perceivable reason and then taking forever to fix it.

They are slowly porting victory poses and intros over from DOA5, but I don't really see why it's so few at a time, so I kinda feel like the difficult decision is to come back in another few months and see what the lay of the land is. I'll keep playing it a bit from time to time, but luckily CTR will take my mind off of this whole situation in a month! I'll always support DOA, I'm just patiently waiting for this chapter of its lifespan to pass.

Akumasama

Yes, the small nerfs to Sidestep in 1.04a were fine. Maybe some small nerfs/tweaks here and there, sure, but this is going way overboard imo. Way too much.

What's sad is that I feel like they won't change/revert this anytime soon, if ever. Makes me sad.
Despite that I'm still gonna play the game, I still enjoy it despite this "ugly" change.

U_C_A_F

Its going to take an "A Realm Reborn type of overhaul to salvage this shit-storm of a game. Like vanilla FF14, DOA6 is a rushed content deprived unfinished joke and isn't worth anyones time or money. an overhauled DOA6U is a MUST at this point because otherwise this series will be joining VF in fighting game purgatory.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
What I wonder if this is still a Shimbori decision of if this is from the new director because if that's the case ... from bad to worse
It doesn't really matter who is responsible. At this point they're souring the experience for everyone, even the people trying to hold the game up and promote it. I love DOA but you know something is wrong when a super super casual friend of mine comes over once a week, we played DOA6 once two weeks ago and he's like "I'd really rather just play 5 if you don't mind. Felt a lot better mechanically." I could only say wow, and uninstalled 6 from my HD lol Like... Yeah I'm still in for DOA but until they support it from the inside? Meet me in 5 once in a while.

Akumasama

Because sidestep mashing was the key to victory? Man, wonder why I don't have 90% winning rate then

Granted it was more effective against certain characters than others (it all boiled down to wether or not that character had nice tracking options) mashing it was the key only to a grandeous loss, given the damage bonus you get on hi counters in DOA6. Especially after patch 1.04a.
Just my two cents.

Akumasama

Agreed Raansu. Especially after patch 1.04a. There was space for some small tweaks/nerfs maybe but this is way beyond what was necessary.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

It doesn't really matter who is responsible. At this point they're souring the experience for everyone, even the people trying to hold the game up and promote it. I love DOA but you know something is wrong when a super super casual friend of mine comes over once a week, we played DOA6 once two weeks ago and he's like "I'd really rather just play 5 if you don't mind. Felt a lot better mechanically." I could only say wow, and uninstalled 6 from my HD lol Like... Yeah I'm still in for DOA but until they support it from the inside? Meet me in 5 once in a while.

It matters because if the new producer is also out of touch with the market ... then Shimbori stepping aside don't makes sense because the new director also don't know what to do with the game.

To fix the game they first need to understand all the things that were wrong and why these things were wrong. If they don't understand it they won't be able to regain custormers trust because they won't know if what they are planning will be welcome or not.

I also said this time ago but this game needed an Arcade version where to test the game. Because using your customers as beta testers justs feels wrong and then this happens.

Am I one of the few who actually like the new SSA nerf? I think it prevents the SSA mash and forces people that actually think about when they’re gonna do a SSA.

I think it was just too good against some characters and they should tweak it more but something I remembered after playing the game is ... now SSA will be useless in combos.

Watching KVO x TSB tournament I noticed Japanese players used SSA intro combos a lot for re-positioning and taking adventage of danger zones and now ... well, you won't be able to use this often because it would require having meter all the time.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
At first I still had some hopes they would slowly but continuously improve and expand the game from its inconsistent and unfinished release state as well as reversing some of its stupid business decisions, but the more we found out about its development and the more time passed, the more I gave up. I haven't touched the game in weeks at this point. This game was largely outsourced to an outside studio while the actual Team Ninja is focusing on Nioh 2 and their contract work for Square Enix (Dissidia), Nintendo (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3), and likely some other projects that we don't know of yet. I guess they thought DOA fans don't have very high standards, that they'd happily eat each new game up and throw money at it no matter the quality and no matter how egregious their business decisions. It's kinda insulting...

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Which tournament in recent weeks had top players SSAing to victory? Just because a tool is effective against bad players doesn't mean its a op tool.
Don’t come with that bullshit, thank you.
I never said it was a op tool, I just said I liked the nerf it received so SSA’s are used more strategically.
Agreed Raansu. Especially after patch 1.04a. There was space for some small tweaks/nerfs maybe but this is way beyond what was necessary.
No offence but I feel like you were happier with 1.04a because you enjoyed sidestepping almost everything that was thrown at you. Judging from the matches I’ve fought against you.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

At first I still had some hopes they would slowly but continuously improve and expand the game from its inconsistent and unfinished release state as well as reversing some of its stupid business decisions, but the more we found out about its development and the more time passed, the more I gave up. I haven't touched the game in weeks at this point. This game was largely outsourced to an outside studio while the actual Team Ninja is focusing on Nioh 2 and their contract work for Square Enix (Dissidia), Nintendo (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3), and likely some other projects that we don't know of yet. I guess they thought DOA fans don't have very high standards, that they'd happily eat each new game up and throw money at it no matter the quality and no matter how egregious their business decisions. It's kinda insulting...

We can only pray for next gen version being a truly Team Ninja game and they learning from their PR mistakes.

Akumasama

No offence but I feel like you were happier with 1.04a because you enjoyed sidestepping almost everything that was thrown at you. Judging from the matches I’ve fought against you.
Have we fought?

No offense taken regardless, but it has nothing to with that.
It's more about game design and break bar management.
I think binding them behind something I despise (the bar) is a cheap way to balance something that you, as a game designer, judge is too powerful.

Furthermore it makes bar management more convoluted and I don't like that. It's just that.
I still love the game!

Raansu

Don’t come with that bullshit, thank you.
I never said it was a op tool, I just said I liked the nerf it received so SSA’s are used more strategically.

What bullshit? You weren't seeing it spammed at high level because high level play have figured out how to pressure people out of spamming it. It was already used strategically. People losing to "SSA spam" are people who never adjusted and kept trying to trade turns using linear attacks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD